So I've been with Rogers for some time now and have never purchased or upgraded with them. I had one cell with them (which is mine) for a long time and never used an upgrade because I got my 9810 for 150$ and then got my 9900 for 150$, so I never really had too. I then decided to get rid of my home phone last year and get a cell for my wife. So I ported the Bell home phone number to a Rogers Blackberry 9900. At the time I wasn't aware that this was gonna affect my account at all. I decided to look into upgrading my 9900 to a Z10 and they told me it was going to cost 139$ + 325$ early upgrade fee + taxes which was way more than I was willing to pay. I called 1(888)Rogers1 and asked to speak with Customer Relations. I spoke with a very nice woman for 30 mins and in the end Rogers waived the 325$ + taxes upgrade fees and reserved my Z10. Now all I have to pay is 139$ when I pick it up next week. I didn't even have to sign up for a 3 year term either. Thank you Rogers for being such a great Company.
    02-02-13 02:51 PM
    Very interesting. I have been with Rogers for about 11 years. My upgrade fee is much less than yours, but I wonder if I can negotiate similarly at the store - or whether they could contact CR from there. I will certainly use your case as an example!
    02-02-13 03:19 PM
    You have to call on your own. The stores have nothing to do with customer relations. And I'm UBER pumped now. Just remember to be as polite as possible. Pretend you're talking with your great grandmother. The lady said "Since you've been so polite and patient here's what I can do for you. Rogers is going to waive the upgrade fees and you can pick it up in the store of your choosing next week". Now that's customer service.
    thatplaybookguy and robkd like this.
    02-02-13 03:23 PM
    So refreshing to hear a carrier actually actually helping its customers, especially as most of the stories here in the states are like Stephen king novels
    Lendo likes this.
    02-02-13 03:25 PM
    I also had a great experience with Rogers on Friday (go figure). I had never upgraded and owned my own curve 3g, I talked to the lady and she was very very nice and after everything was said and done, I upgraded my current plan to include One gig of data, unlimited local calls (all of nfld) and all that for an extra $10 onto my existing pla of $40. so I get all that which is a better deal than Bell or telus or anyone else can do,(a friend of mine is a senior rep at Bell and could not believe the deal) and then to make it even better, she offered me the current campaign of the $100 rebate which takes effect immediately so my new Z10 is going to cost me a measly $40!!! How is that for an awesome deal. Brand spanking new BBZ10 for FORTY BUCKS, I guess seeing as how I told her it's my day today, and it is and I am 41. Then I did my very awesome and exact Elmo impersonation and gave her a great customer compliment to her supervisor. See you in the line up Tuesday Morning. I will be there at 5 am. if you get the Toronto call center ask for Elizabeth specifically and tell her The Elmo guy sent ya.
    Lendo likes this.
    02-02-13 03:30 PM
    Very interesting. I have been with Rogers for about 11 years. My upgrade fee is much less than yours, but I wonder if I can negotiate similarly at the store - or whether they could contact CR from there. I will certainly use your case as an example!
    go for it, they are trying to win back customers and keep existing ones.
    02-02-13 03:31 PM
    I won't be picking mine up until Friday I think. I'll be out of the country until then LOL Gonna be a long week.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    02-02-13 03:32 PM
    well if you're flying over The Rock, look down. I will be using my Z10 as you fly by. Heck I'll go so far as to carve a giant Z 10 in the giant field behind my house in the snow!
    Lendo likes this.
    02-02-13 03:36 PM
    I won't be picking mine up until Friday I think. I'll be out of the country until then LOL Gonna be a long week.
    You might want to check your email if you pre-ordered, mine said they'll hold the phone till 7th so to make sure they don't give it to someone else you may have to make arrangements with the store.
    02-02-13 03:42 PM
    They told me in won't be a problem where I live. Because I pre-ordered before the store launch, they'll hold it for 15 days from the launch date of Feb 5th. So I'm not worried
    02-02-13 03:59 PM
    No luck for me, i just got off the phone with rogers customer relations they put me too. i dont have a contract with them. i bought my 9900 a year ago for 200$.. so i decided to call them and ask them whats the best they can do for me. I was polite. and the lady told me 3 year contract for 139$ plus administration fee of 35$ and tax which came out to be 190$ for the phone with tax on a 3 year term... i asked if they can waive the admin fee at least and she said no. so i said i will think about it and called it a good night.

Any advice guys on getting a better deal? they deal she gave me is basically open to anyone and im a rogers customer :s
    02-02-13 04:37 PM
    Its not bad since you're not even paying an early HUP fee
    02-02-13 05:04 PM
    No luck for me, i just got off the phone with rogers customer relations they put me too. i dont have a contract with them. i bought my 9900 a year ago for 200$.. so i decided to call them and ask them whats the best they can do for me. I was polite. and the lady told me 3 year contract for 139$ plus administration fee of 35$ and tax which came out to be 190$ for the phone with tax on a 3 year term... i asked if they can waive the admin fee at least and she said no. so i said i will think about it and called it a good night.

Any advice guys on getting a better deal? they deal she gave me is basically open to anyone and im a rogers customer :s
    I guess it would depend on how long you've been with them. Tell them the truth, there are better plans out there. I did and got exactly what I needed.... actually probably better than any other would offer me with the same coverage. They didn't waive my admin fee but did waive my early upgrade fee which was just a little more than that.
    02-02-13 05:20 PM

That's the same deal all the Rogers customers are getting.. 139 is damn good for a 650$ phone if you ask me..
    02-02-13 05:56 PM
    So I've been with Rogers for some time now and have never purchased or upgraded with them. I had one cell with them (which is mine) for a long time and never used an upgrade because I got my 9810 for 150$ and then got my 9900 for 150$, so I never really had too. I then decided to get rid of my home phone last year and get a cell for my wife. So I ported the Bell home phone number to a Rogers Blackberry 9900. At the time I wasn't aware that this was gonna affect my account at all. I decided to look into upgrading my 9900 to a Z10 and they told me it was going to cost 139$ + 325$ early upgrade fee + taxes which was way more than I was willing to pay. I called 1(888)Rogers1 and asked to speak with Customer Relations. I spoke with a very nice woman for 30 mins and in the end Rogers waived the 325$ + taxes upgrade fees and reserved my Z10. Now all I have to pay is 139$ when I pick it up next week. I didn't even have to sign up for a 3 year term either. Thank you Rogers for being such a great Company.
    I hate to break it to you, but there is absolutely no chance in **** you did not get a new 3 year contract if you paid the promo price. Rogers isn't a charity.
    DJRikko likes this.
    02-02-13 06:39 PM
    Well that's what I did and that's what I got.
    02-02-13 06:44 PM
    I hate to break it to you, but there is absolutely no chance in **** you did not get a new 3 year contract if you paid the promo price. Rogers isn't a charity.
    Yea I have to agree there.. if they gave you a discount, they locked you into a 3 year.. 100% Guaranteed.. Not that I blame them.. if they are going to pay for a phone for you they should get a guarantee you'll be around long enough to pay it off in service fees.
    DJRikko likes this.
    02-02-13 06:45 PM
    When you get a new phone, you start a new FLEXTab with Rogers which is like a 3 year contract. If you pay it off, then you're free of any commitment. So getting the Z10, you will have a tab on your account.
    02-02-13 06:45 PM
    Not that it really matters either way, but my last contract started in Sept '12 so it's not that old. I think that since it is new may have been a factor in not signing another 3 yr term, which would've extended my term by a couple months. I specifically asked that lady about it and her response was that my contract remains as is and I didn't have to pay the early upgrade fee of 325$ + taxes. I'm not sure why you're arguing with me, I was the one on the phone. I just wanted to praise the company for doing what I thought was a great thing for me. Now I just gotta find someone to buy my unlocked 9900 so I break even. :P
    02-02-13 06:54 PM
    closed per OP request
    Lendo likes this.
    02-02-13 07:11 PM