Lots of mixed opinions out there on the Z10 but if you are buying one it all comes down to one thing - which in the end is the reason I didn't return my Z10.

Since buying the Z10 the number of messages that I've been able to reply to on mobile has increased dramatically (coming from Nexus S). I've sent more messages from my Z10 in the past week than I would in a typical month with my previous Android and I'm actually choosing to use my phone to email rather than my Mac on some occassions. This for me is what a Blackberry is about - and privacy - i.e. a company that does not make money from my data.

And secondly, while apps are important (and it's disappointing that the Z10 was launched with few big name apps missing - at the least the app store should have been as good as OS 7), I personally don't use them much so my loss in this regard would be less than most people.

Sadly this means I can't recommend the Z10 to the majority of my friends until apps and bugs (e.g. when adding a new event to calendar it crashes - yes there is a workaround but it should not be needed) are fixed.
    02-20-13 05:03 PM
    I love how "make money from my data" in your post was blue font and underlined by my google chrome browser with a targeted ad that pops up when I mouse over it.
    vjvj, scorepion, bmercer94 and 2 others like this.
    02-20-13 05:04 PM
    I love how "make money from my data" in your post was blue font and underlined by my google chrome browser with a targeted ad that pops up when I mouse over it.
    Hahaha...not very surprising!!!
    02-20-13 05:48 PM
    Curious. Do your friends not message from their phones because their phones are not good at it. Or, do they have those phones because they don't message?
    02-20-13 05:56 PM
    a woman came up to me today at second cup and asked me if thats the new BlackBerry and what do I like about it. I told her everything
    02-20-13 06:08 PM
    a woman came up to me today at second cup and asked me if thats the new BlackBerry and what do I like about it. I told her everything
    I hope that you showed her atleast one thing. Seeing the phone in action beats any biased/unbiased comments.
    02-20-13 06:16 PM
    I'm shocked how many people ask me "Is that the new Blackberry"? As soon as I demo the keyboard and time shift camera, they aways say " I need one Now"! Many comments on how everything is so clean and easy to use. Couldn't agree more.

Posted via CB10
    cman5 likes this.
    02-20-13 06:26 PM
    I have had the same experience. I don't demo the camera, I just show them the keyboard and the suggestions, and swiping words. Then I create a blank email to myself and hand the phone over to them and let them try it for themselves.

And it's pretty unanimous: they all love it, and laugh. Clearly, Blackberry has a winner in its keyboard implementation. So far I estimate that a dozen of my friends and colleagues are taking a fresh look at Blackberry...
    02-20-13 06:41 PM
    What work around for the calendar app crashing? Making sure that a calendar is selected before choosing the time etc? That's what I found worked

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 06:47 PM
    I started keeping a demo document open so I can just hand it to people to try the keyboard. Everybody is really wowed by it.
    02-20-13 06:54 PM
    Hi guys,

I'm a new CB member, but a reader for 5+ years. I'm currently awaiting delivery of my Z10 and I can say, that I'm super excited.

I've gone full circle in my mobile device choice, I started my 'smartphone' life with a HTC Raphael (Touch Pro in AUS) and since moved to a BB Bold 9000, then around with a couple of Android devices, some more BB's, a few Nexus devices, the Lumia 920 and most recently an iPhone 4S - I've got to say, the best phone I've ever used, for me, was the Bold.

I was talking to my better half the other night, as I needed a new device due to a shattered screen on my Nexus 4, and I said to her, that honestly, I don't need a 200,000+ strong app store, I don't need a DSLR-esque camera or dynamic widgets on my home screen. I simply needed a device that could handle a MASSIVE amount of email, texts, Facebook and Twitter information and now, jumping back into the BB boat, BBM contacts.

The Z10 is the perfect device for me. Obviously I've read the mountains of reviews that, from what I've seen, are really 50/50 and I know that with the Z10 will come the need to re-educate myself on how to use the smartphone (with gestures and the like) - but also the chance to get back to a device that was so God damn good at doing the things that phones, to me, are built for, communicating and sharing information.

With the development of the BB Facebook & Twitter apps which I've seen in passing, as well as the unified inbox of BB Hub, I cannot wait to get my hands on my Z10 and lock myself down for a week as to try and figure out the best way that the Z10 can work, for me.

I say, welcome back Blackberry and bring on the world. If the consumer market picks this up, watch out Android and iOS - there's ground for a comeback bigger than Robert Downey Junior.
    03-12-13 02:47 AM
    I was telling a friend to get one but her friend butted in and started showing reviews of z10 and almost all of them negative. Then I pointed out that those reviewers were all apple users and their websites were ios and mac support groups.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 03:01 AM
    Well, I have been with blackberry since I can't remember it's been that long :-) I always loved there devices and for me it's always been the social apps they have and the best that other can offer is BBM.

I always said that blackberry will change the game soon and now with blackberry 10 and the Z10 its only the beginning, so once they start rolling out there other devices this year you will see a lot of change in what people think of blackberry 10.

I always loved blackberry as it does what I need it to do and more if required, and now with blackberry 10 well guess what the options are now endless and they have truly stepped up there game into the market.

The device, feel looks and quality build is just! Well hold one and you will know what I mean amazing. I'm hooked on it and can't put it down, when I go places people always ask me about the phone and I show them all its features and what it can do. When I meet my friends who owned blackberries they converted over just 10 min after seeing the new features of blackberry 10, as they were miss informed by someone else of its flaws that never existed, again someone never owning a Z10 said it has this and that, and can't do this and that.

Sad really, yet I wonder if it has so many problems would I own two of them? Would I have sold my favourite blackberry 9900 and Samsung note 2 for two Z10s?

In short, it's an amazing new device, it has a lot to offer and everyday I am discovering something new. That's what I love about it, so I'm glad your happy with it and didn't return it and you too will discover new things and features of the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 08:16 AM
    Google Chrome just renders the content. Who's responsible for the underlined link and targeted ad? That's from the website, namely Crackberry.
    03-12-13 08:20 AM
    For the OP: Your calendar crashes when adding a new event? Really? Must be something local as I have had no problems whatsoever in doing so.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 08:25 AM