I mean really they could have made a 2400 or something and a new back cover and made millions and improved available options for the phone. I love my Z10 but battery in other phones have gotten so much better including the Z30. I really feel that the z30 is too big but most importantly the screen brightness sucks on it. Yeah it and the Q10 are snappy. But there screens blow and the Z10's doesn't

Posted via CB10
    Witmen and pystha like this.
    07-14-14 04:34 PM
    No joke, I just had this thought earlier today and even posted something similar.

I'm not even sure if a new back would be required, with the advances in battery technology, they might be able to put in more capacity in the same amount of space.
    DEV560 and flyingsolid like this.
    07-14-14 04:48 PM
    I hope BlackBerry is not trying to frustrate us in buying a new device? After being with them for ten years it will not work with me I am keeping my Z10

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 06:38 PM
    I got Z30 and Z10... not only the screen is quite better in Z10 but the weight of Z30 is really undeniably recognizable... I used to walk and jog, and Z30 is not a good companion... even wearing normal pants (trousers and jeans), when you are already get used of mobile phones' size and weight like Z10, Z30 is quite disturbing...

I hope BlackBerry still has a plan to make Z10 size device with improved hardware and specs...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-14-14 09:08 PM
    I hope BlackBerry is not trying to frustrate us in buying a new device
    Posted via CB10
    There isn't a good reason to think the opposite.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 09:14 PM
    the issue with extended battery with the Z10 will mean a physically bigger battery and deeper battery door. which is already available on the market. the only one that truly works is the 4500mA battery, which makes the Z10 3 times as big/deep.

I've tried the 2300mA/2200mA and they work just the same as the stock.

Cheers
    07-14-14 09:22 PM
    Did you try Mugen

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 10:56 PM
    I had one of those cheap that made it twice as big but the battery indicator never worked right and the nfc didn't work. It fell apart and was so tight that I had to bend the terminals back out so the stock one wouldn't cause power cycle

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 10:59 PM
    Before upgrading to the Z30 (which is amazing!), I carried at least 2 spare batteries with me to get through the day. Try spare batteries as an imperfect solution.

Posted via CB10 using my Z30.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-14-14 11:00 PM
    Did you try Mugen

Posted via CB10
    which model? do you have a link to share?
    07-15-14 08:05 AM
    Have used the Z10 battery bundle for over a year without having to worry about my Z10 battery again. Simple solution, and is quite small to carry.
    Why has BlackBerry not made an extended battery for the Z10?-img_20140716_015626.png

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    07-16-14 12:59 AM
    Most manufacturers leave it up to the aftermarket industry to make accessories like extended batteries, if you look at what's available.
    07-16-14 01:02 AM
    At this point they're moving on from the Z10. They put that development effort into the Z30, Z3 and the upcoming Classic and Passport (and whatever else we don't yet know about). There was too much uncertainty to continue developing hardware for the Z10 after the initial release.
    07-16-14 09:24 AM
    It's because of Thorsten. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 09:25 AM
    The Z10 is dead. They put a bigger battery in the Z30.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    07-16-14 09:58 AM
    There are inofficial 2400mah batteries that have the same size as the original one, still i would not use them.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 10:12 AM
    There are inofficial 2400mah batteries that have the same size as the original one, still i would not use them.

Posted via CB10
    they dont make a different. I have the aftermarket 2300mAh one and after couple of days use, I got less battery life out of it than the stock 1800mAh
    07-17-14 05:53 PM
    Althought they are usefull, extended batterys seems to be stuff of the past. Manufacturers seem more keen on external chargers.
    07-17-14 05:54 PM
    Althought they are usefull, extended batterys seems to be stuff of the past. Manufacturers seem more keen on external chargers.
    Not the way Samsung is thinking for their new phone... in their new ad they actually promote being able to swap out the battery, it's the main feature of the commercial. yet blackberry has had that feature since the dawn of time and nobody found it innovative or convenient the way samsung wants people to think...go figure.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 03:53 AM
    Not the way Samsung is thinking for their new phone... in their new ad they actually promote being able to swap out the battery, it's the main feature of the commercial. yet blackberry has had that feature since the dawn of time and nobody found it innovative or convenient the way samsung wants people to think...go figure.

Posted via CB10
    It's all marketing bro. Ppl still think BlackBerry phones freeze with the little clock and what not. They haven't made they're ads to show off the superiority of bb10. People hate commercials but buy everything they see that looks cool.

Now that samsung has everyone's attention, they can illustrate the simplest of features that have been around forever and people while open their eyes and say wooooooow. Much like apple has been selling pretty much the same phone for 6 years. The lines outside to buy are endless.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 10:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can swapt battery in most blackberrys. Don't eat everything Samsung advertises because most of their advertising is absolute garbage like for example:

-Yes, you can swap the battery, but their battery doors are very flimsy in the way they hold. Open too many times, and you risk the battery door not staying in place in a few monts

-Remember this? Despite android being laggy, and lacking in preformance against the iphone, they just decide to do the useless "specs war"
    http://cdn.iphonehacks.com/wp-conten...732274931.jpeg

- Remember Air Gestures and Group play? they were the head features of the galaxy line, yet they were totaly useless.
    07-21-14 04:55 PM
    You can swapt battery in most blackberrys. Don't eat everything Samsung advertises because most of their advertising is absolute garbage like for example:

-Yes, you can swap the battery, but their battery doors are very flimsy in the way they hold. Open too many times, and you risk the battery door not staying in place in a few monts

-Remember this? Despite android being laggy, and lacking in preformance against the iphone, they just decide to do the useless "specs war"

- Remember Air Gestures and Group play? they were the head features of the galaxy line, yet they were totaly useless.
    No, i don't remember air gestures or group play since i never owned a galaxy.
    You seem to be under the impression that i was somehow impressed or surprised by the samsung features. I wasn't. I was just pointing out their marketing is more effective on making old features seem like new... In their latest quirky commercial they have 2 guys where one is anxious about the rumor that the next iphone will have a 5' screen whereas the other guy isn't impressed cause his galaxy already has a 5' screen and they hold them side by side (Galaxy looks almost square like the passport) and the galaxy guy tells him good luck and walks away nonchalant to answer a call...followed by "the next big thing is already here" slogan.

Another ad showcases the "new" camera feature of tapping anywhere on the screen to take a shot...(hmm, where have i seen that before).
    Their ads are clever and to the point, with THAT i am impressed with...

like i said, blackberry has had the removable battery (and other similar) features but they never felt the need to advertise them, let alone be aggressive about it. Which i believe is a big factor in them losing market share... i like having a removable battery which is why i didn't bother with a z30.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by omega supreme; 07-22-14 at 04:34 AM.
    07-22-14 04:21 AM
    BlackBerry making an extended battery with a new cover is like them admitting the battery life sucks.

Hush hush.

Posted via Nexus 7 (2012)
    07-22-14 05:26 AM
    I used a Galaxy s4. This past weekend of a family members to look something up on the Web and that thing was so unresponsive while loading pages I just gave up. I didn't even bother to ask her how the battery was

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 11:53 AM