I'm asking this on behalf of my cousin's Z10, but it also happens on my Bold 9900. (I'm getting a Z10 real soon).

FaceBook will take sometimes hours sometimes minutes to push a notification to my phone and his while I know on androids and i's it's pretty quick.

Disclaimer: I hate androids and i's, I'm just saying this as a fact.

I mean, why are all or most notifications not instant?
    02-14-13 05:29 PM
    I also have the same problem. Message notifications are very delayed.
    02-14-13 05:34 PM
    Unfortunately Facebook is not push it is approx 30 minute polled.
    02-14-13 05:42 PM
    Unfortunately Facebook is not push it is approx 30 minute polled.
    Doesn't explain how other phones get it immediately or within 2 seconds.
    Shane8750 likes this.
    02-14-13 06:30 PM
    I don't know about notifications but messages come pretty much instantly. I've noticed maybe a 10 second delay between my pc fb and my phone. I quite often have a chat with a friend of mine via fb.
    02-14-13 06:36 PM
    Doesn't explain how other phones get it immediately or within 2 seconds.
    Yes I wasn't speaking about other phones I was talking about BlackBerry 10. On other phones it is instant push.
    02-14-13 06:37 PM
    I don't know about notifications but messages come pretty much instantly. I've noticed maybe a 10 second delay between my pc fb and my phone. I quite often have a chat with a friend of mine via fb.
    You mean when you are in the app though right?

If the app is not running the hub is approx 30 minute polling.
    02-14-13 06:39 PM

I never have the app open.. if someone comments on one of my posts or something like that I get a notification in the hub within seconds..
    02-14-13 06:41 PM
    I never have the app open.. if someone comments on one of my posts or something like that I get a notification in the hub within seconds..
    Even if you hadn't received messages or notifications from Facebook in over an hour?
    02-14-13 07:18 PM
    I find it slow as well.
    Tonight for example I was on the couch with my laptop, my Z10 by my side and my old torch on wifi on the table. (side point, the word "Wifi" isn't in the BlackBerry dictionary ")

Anyhow, I was on fb chat and every time they replied my torch buzz/tone and over the half hour my Z10 never notified me once. Was the same with standard notifications.

Same connection an all. Hmm
    02-14-13 08:26 PM
    I find it slow as well.
    Tonight for example I was on the couch with my laptop, my Z10 by my side and my old torch on wifi on the table. (side point, the word "Wifi" isn't in the BlackBerry dictionary ")

Anyhow, I was on fb chat and every time they replied my torch buzz/tone and over the half hour my Z10 never notified me once. Was the same with standard notifications.

Same connection an all. Hmm
    If it never notified you, 1 of 2 things, either it didn't because you had read the messages before the Z10 pulled the notification or because it just didn't because it's that slow. I'm suspecting a setting baked in the Facebook application that BlackBerry put to save battery. But how hard is it to make it "push" if at all possible without the "BIS"?
    02-14-13 08:32 PM
    This is seems strange. I get notifications sometimes and sometimes I don't at all, wonder what it could be.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 08:34 PM
    This is seems strange. I get notifications sometimes and sometimes I don't at all, wonder what it could be.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Exactly! It's frustrating to know I might be notified about an hour after everyone in a group chat or convo or messages that relates to me primarily.

I need answers from CrackBerry Kevin!
    02-18-13 12:22 PM
    But how hard is it to make it "push" if at all possible without the "BIS"?
    So how come Iphone gets instant notifications without BIS? Blackberry use to be the kings of push how can they take such a step backwards?
    03-10-13 05:15 AM
    30 mins? it doesnt even pull for this interval, i have to open my fb app only then it pull the notification to my phone.
    03-10-13 06:53 AM
    30 mins? it doesnt even pull for this interval, i have to open my fb app only then it pull the notification to my phone.
    30 mins if your lucky. I haven't tried leaving the app open all the time, coming from OS7 I'm used to getting notifications with the app closed. If we can get instant BBM's why can't we have instant fb messages to the HUB. I hope we are not going to have to wait 30 mins for a Whatsapp message
    03-10-13 07:46 AM
    I left the Facebook app open. I received a FB PM from a friend, and replied to it. After replying to the message, I took a look in the HUB and even though the app had registered a message appearing, the HUB hadn't. It is like they are not directly connected. I refreshed the HUB and the messages appeared, shame I had to refresh it myself.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 10:10 AM
    Something definitely wrong in here. Something HAS to be fixed!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 10:15 AM
    yes it is very slow
    03-10-13 06:16 PM

Sorry for super long delay but somehow I missed getting back to this thread.... the answer is no. I never have the app open. I see no point.
    03-10-13 06:34 PM
    When I first got my Z10, I used to get immediate notifications and messges, but after the first update to the Facebook app, and then the OS update, it now takes forever. I do get them.... eventually... but not any more. I'm gonna reload the OS to see if that helps, but doubtful.
    03-30-13 01:25 PM
    I don't find any problems with it its usually within a second on mine off wifi and on.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-30-13 01:36 PM
    I don't get notified at all. Ever. For twitter either. My 9930 was super great about throwing up a splat and a ding when I had new things to read, but haven't gotten a peep out of the Z10 yet. Kinda bummed right now :-(
    03-30-13 11:13 PM
    It seems to be a little hit a miss.

One day it could be good and the next very delayed, unsure what it is experienced both on Wifi and on network.

The actual app itself (minus the notifications) is a big step up from the BB7 version, I get more accurate news feed. Bold 9900 would only show about 40% of my actual news feed which was a little annoying but good cause it meant I spent less time on facebook :-)
    03-30-13 11:34 PM
    Hey there guys! I recently updated the os to 10.0.10.85 but know I'm unable to Check into places. Are any of you guys having a similar issue?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 11:46 PM
29 12