Took it off the charger at about 8:00 this morning, with the following active frames running all day:
    Why does my battery life totally NOT suck?-img_00000096.jpg

Used it normally for a work day, some BBM, emails coming in throughout the day on 2 activesync accounts, some twitter, a couple websites...mostly on wifi except for about an hour...brightness at 65%, bluetooth on, NFC off...and this was my status at 4pm:
    Why does my battery life totally NOT suck?-img_00000095.jpg

Clearly I'm in denial about my battery life right?

I know that some people are having some real battery issues, but to generalize and say the phone itself is the problem and the battery sucks is naive at best. Bad battery life is NOT the norm for the Z10, if you are struggling with battery life, then you have application issues, signal issues, or a device that is faulty and needs to be replaced...especially those that say they lose 20% in an hour with no usage at all.
    04-10-13 07:40 PM
    I'm loving the battery life on my LE, Actually made it almost 3 days last week before I had to swap the battery. Even with heavy use I still get at least 28 hours before swapping.
    04-10-13 07:47 PM
    I am getting about the same battery life on mine as well. Currently at 42% after unplugging this morning at 7pm (over 13 hours ago).

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:51 PM
    I am on Verizon and I get a full 8 hour day with medium to heavy use all day. I have no social networks running in the background just email.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:54 PM
    T-Mobile with weak signal levels, and usually getting 8 hours with heavy use. Devs or blackberry, we still need more granular reporting please. Like androids, but BlackBerry10 stylized, built in utility.

Why does my battery life totally NOT suck?-443c266f-c6d7-9270.jpg

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    04-10-13 08:03 PM
    I actually saw a boost in battery life when I turned 'location services ' off

Black Tie Z10
    04-10-13 08:09 PM
    I think your on a roll. This week I have discovered while on vacation I have had to charge twice a day. The cell service at the beach is going from Emergency calls only to 3g and G and everything in between every few minutes. My wife's torch is having the same problem so I know the Z10 is doing well and the battery is as expected. I am happy at this point.

I am glad your service area is good keeping you from constantly moving from tower to tower.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:11 PM
    I cant wait to see how good the Q10 will be!
    04-10-13 08:16 PM
    I like the idea of posting battery talk with Battery Guru screen shots. It's the only way to see a persons actual usage.

Posted from my amazing Z10
    John Pawling and jay_men like this.
    04-10-13 08:18 PM
    You guys are lucky. By 1-2PM my battery is pretty much dead. I use WhatsApp, BBM, Twitter, E-Mail and a little Instagram.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:20 PM
    I got up and unplugged at 5am the other day and was at 15% by when I came home. And that's with testing, emails, surfing and 4 active frames going. I would have had to charge my old HTC twice to do that same thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:22 PM
    Are you on wifi most of the day?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:26 PM
    My battery is amazing. No complaints here!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:42 PM
    Great battery life here as well guys. Can't understand people complaining about this.......

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:44 PM
    Well my battery life is horrible! I cant even get get through a whole day without it dying. I guess thats what i get for getting an android...
    04-10-13 09:05 PM
    Must be because of how strong reception is for some of you. I live on an island and it pretty much sucks for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:09 PM
    I complain about battery since the 10.0.10.88 update. I am on ATT and now I get 10% drain per hour using basic things. A couple of short phone calls (5 min or less), some Web on WiFi, a handful of texts and one active sync account with exchange 2010. I am off charger at 6:00 am and out of battery at 1:00 pm. If I could get 12 hours on a charge I would be happy.

Any ideas of how to remove the update. Prior to that 14-15 hours was what I was getting.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:09 PM
    Each of the spikes you see is from being in the hub or cb:

Why does my battery life totally NOT suck?-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:10 PM
    Took it off the charger at about 8:00 this morning, with the following active frames running all day:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000096.jpg 
Views:	1122 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	150034

Used it normally for a work day, some BBM, emails coming in throughout the day on 2 activesync accounts, some twitter, a couple websites...mostly on wifi except for about an hour...brightness at 65%, bluetooth on, NFC off...and this was my status at 4pm:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000095.jpg 
Views:	1116 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	150035

Clearly I'm in denial about my battery life right?

I know that some people are having some real battery issues, but to generalize and say the phone itself is the problem and the battery sucks is naive at best. Bad battery life is NOT the norm for the Z10, if you are struggling with battery life, then you have application issues, signal issues, or a device that is faulty and needs to be replaced...especially those that say they lose 20% in an hour with no usage at all.
    Assuming a defect is not an issue, I think our differing opinions about battery life on our Z10s are formed by our individual signal "spheres".
    Those of us who have the right signal conditions have awesome battery life.
    A couple of theories about your very good results:
    1. You said you are on wifi a lot of the time. That's a +1 for battery life since you are on a consistent signal that isn't making the radio work so hard. The phone takes a nice breather as data services are offloaded to the interaction between your phone as a wifi card and your router.
    2. I notice you use ATT, but you are "luckier" than some of us on ATT. Take a look at the top right section of your screen shot.
    I see your device is connected to the ATT cell network as well as to wifi, has good signal and is accessing Blackberry services. I also notice that there is nothing indicating LTE performance, which suggests to me that the phone has rolled itself back to a "slower" network (fellow Crackberry members please catch me if I'm wrong- my phone has the same display right now for me, so I can't really check, but I think the display changes on LTE). Even though ATT does not let us make changes to the mobile network (like forcing HSPA+ instead of LTE), the phone does manage itself. If LTE is weak in an area, I think the phone steps down on its own, and the "LTE" label that would be "on" near the signal strength indicator switches "off".
    Therefore, I think a good part of your experience comes from your device using lower power than some others' devices.
    IF our carriers allowed us to force the phones down to HSPA+ or 3G or even 2G, and only use LTE when we really need it, we would see a LOT more stories about CRAZY LONG battery life in these forums.
    I see no reason why my Z10 wouldn't be able to get the great battery life of my old 9810 (if only I weren't on LTE almost all day- I still get 9 -12 hours , but would love to get 12-16 unplugged!

Congrats on your power frugal Z10 though.
    jrohland likes this.
    04-10-13 10:10 PM
    I keep hearing that being on wifi improves battery life.....I have been under the impression that being on wifi consumes MORE battery due to the faster data speed. In my experience with my 9850, its either wifi, or 3G. I've always been willing to take the battery hit for the faster data speed. Maybe this is not the case between 4G and wifi? If someone could clarify, that would be cool. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to find out for myself with my own
    Z10...
    04-10-13 10:47 PM
    I usually have about 20% at 5pm. I unplug at about 7am. I have fb, 5emails and I'm constantly checking on my Z10 probably just out of pure love.

The thing is I work mostly in the basement where I lose cellular signal. I'm on wifi at work. But I constantly lose and gain cellular signal when I go upstairs.

I think that single radio is the key Here in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:03 PM
    I keep hearing that being on wifi improves battery life.....I have been under the impression that being on wifi consumes MORE battery due to the faster data...
    The wifi radio is powered to go 200 feet, where the 3g/4g radio sucks power to transmit many miles. Faster isn't a factor unless you are just using your phone more because it is faster when on wifi.

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    04-10-13 11:18 PM
    Probably on a good wifi connection all day and being very static.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-11-13 04:30 AM
    I did a battery check yesterday, I have the stl-100 2 version. Using the phone from the 3th of April.
    Unplugged at 100% at midnight. Then bed mode, radio off, wifi on till 7.30. Alarm during 20 minutes (4x 5 minutes repeat functions). Then whatsapp and bbm in active frames. Meteo check 1-2 times, few news app check, 2 short calls (less than 5 min) during the day, around 60 messages on whatsapp, around 10-15 messages on bbm. Arrived at 11.00pm at home with 25% available.
    Much better than with my 9900.
    04-11-13 05:00 AM
    AT&T sucks! I went from (prepaid) T-Mobile to post-paid AT&T. My battery life with T-Mobile was fine. I switched because when T-Mobile rolled LTE in the Washington, DC area, my data connection would [sometimes] not reestablish when I went from Wi-Fi to mobile data. I had to go to Airplane mode then out to get data working. T-Mo didn't do that until LTE was lit. I turned off LTE and stuck with HSPA+ as that offered fine performance.

Now I've had about 5 days on AT&T. My battery life at home is fine. However, at work it is dreadful. I've never see LTE on AT&T even though I have the same model they sell (RFF91LW). If I could turn off LTE for AT&T it would probably be fine (as I think it is constantly looking for it). However, since AT&T insist on controlling my phone, a phone that I own, a phone I didn't buy from them, I'm going back to T-Mobile. My lady's Z10 is on T-Mo and she has no problems. I asked her about battery life and she said she charges during sleep and never worries about it otherwise. I'm going back to T-Mobile.
    04-11-13 05:28 AM
58 123