Sorry for the long title, didn't know how else to quickly describe my question!

I just installed the app "K9 Email" onto my Z10. This is an Android port, but works very well.

One thing this app does is that it pulls Calendar appointments into the app, as well as all IMAP folders. I use GroupWise and when I set up my GroupWise account in BB Hub (as well on my PlayBook), the calendar entries are not brought in. To be clear, K9 is not truly bringing in the calendar entries as "Calendar" items; all it does is show an IMAP folder called "Calendar" and it displays all my appointments in a list - - it doesn't add them to the native calendar at all. This is just a way of checking appointments through the K9 app - - a basic wireless sync for GroupWise calendar items.

My question is why can't IMAP on the BB's work the same way? "Calendar" is just another IMAP folder in my email account, but the BB devices don't view it that way. K9 does though. I don't have much technical experience/knowledge with IMAP settings, etc, but this seems curious to me. With BB10, the ability to sync my GroupWise manually through Desktop Software is gone, so having the IMAP folder for Calendar included in the Hub would be an easy work-around. K9 is good, but is a separate app and does not integrate with the Hub.
    02-07-13 08:50 AM
    Have your GroupWise admin set you up with the free GroupWise Mobility Service that comes bundled with GroupWise. Then use the BlackBerry ActiveSync connection method to connect to your GroupWise mailbox. With this, you get bi-directional sync of mail, contacts and calendar items.

Note: Since the Z10 is so new, it has not been fully tested yet by Novell on its Mobility Service gateway. But try it out to see if it works. In the next release of the Mobility Service, the Z10 will be fully supported.
    kyleheney likes this.
    02-08-13 01:00 AM