I am just wondering about how many people bought a black Z10 vs the white one? I suspect more people bought the black one.
    When I was in the Phones4U store on the day it was released, most people bought the black variant. I went back and forth, but settled on black as I felt that I was less likely to drop it due to the texture on the back cover.
    I�ve seen lots of threads on here going on about the increased sim free price of the black one and something on BBC Breakfast about Stirling dropping in value against other major currencies since the New Year.
    As BlackBerry have been losing market share against other manufacturers, I suspect that most retailers did not purchase large quantities of stock and simply waited until it was released to get a better idea as to how successful it would be. Given this, it is no surprise if as I suspect the black one is selling more and its costing UK retailers more to buy from Canada due to Stirling falling.
    It agree, it could be that retailers are profiteering, or trying to discourage SIM free sales but I thinking its more likely that they are just having to pay more for the handset which they cannot offset against a contract.
    Of course, my hypothesis relies on the fact that people have not bought the white one in quantities that have resulted in then having to buy more stock.
    What do others think on this?
    02-22-13 07:15 AM
    I prefer black one, doesn't show up as much when it becomes dirty

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 07:31 AM
    in my area the white one is more expensive, i guess it depends on stock for different stores but its the same on ebay uk too - white is going for �40-�50 more than the black
    02-22-13 08:16 AM
    Rogers and most carriers are all same price, Rogers = 139.00 for either phone color.

I guessing maybe in some areas the black one is more cause of popularity or because of racist people selling them.
    02-22-13 08:27 AM
    I don't like the white one

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 08:35 AM
    I prefer the oreo.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 08:40 AM
    This is a simple notion: supply & demand. Pricing for each device is going to depend upon the availability and popularity of said device in each market area.
    02-22-13 10:06 AM
    I got the white version (it looks fantastic), and in my area it has been sold out for weeks. All the stores in my area have a few black devices each, but apparently around here the white one is much more popular.
    It looks like the winter deal that Rogers had is over, the phone is $150 now for both colours. Bell has both for $140 though.
    02-22-13 10:36 AM
    Its all personal preference.

I have the black one, as I prefer the way it looks. Some prefer the white. They should be the same price for both devices (at least in my experience)
    02-22-13 10:39 AM
    I also bought Black as I Previously owned a white 9900 and I felt the white discoloured just from the oils in you hands. As well, clear cases to show it off discoloured extremely quick. Black is the new white. No matter how you slice it...Waterloo is back baby!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 10:48 AM
    Its all personal preference.

I have the black one, as I prefer the way it looks. Some prefer the white. They should be the same price for both devices (at least in my experience)
    I bought a black BlackBerry Z10 to coordinate with the other technical items on my desk. Yes, ascetics are important to my productivity.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    02-22-13 10:27 PM
    UK stores would have bought and paid for their stock before the pound weakened.
    The price hike appears to be 'artificial inflation' but don't quote me on that.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 10:32 PM
    I understand the black one costs more because it swallows.
    02-22-13 10:35 PM
    I understand the black one costs more because it swallows.
    Wow. No homo?
    02-22-13 10:44 PM