12-10-13 08:46 AM
50 12
tools
    I actually like not having an F'ing icon for everything. A voice note is actually a note, Remember saves notes. BlackBerry is trying to stream line the process for people, make smartphones smart again. Once again people want scream for something different, but complain when it's not the same as everything else. They should have just made a different icon for the tip calculator too, right? Sorry, most people probably didn't know that was already built into the Calculator......
    Affie36, CMcRob, ubizmo and 3 others like this.
    05-16-13 04:16 PM
    I actually like not having an F'ing icon for everything. A voice note is actually a note, Remember saves notes. BlackBerry is trying to stream line the process for people, make smartphones smart again. Once again people want scream for something different, but complain when it's not the same as everything else. They should have just made a different icon for the tip calculator too, right? Sorry, most people probably didn't know that was already built into the Calculator......
    That is way ios and Android have so many apps, people just don't know they already have a app that does those things without downloading any app from there app store.....

I totally agree with you!

Posted via CB10
    walt63 and Mecca EL like this.
    05-16-13 04:27 PM
    To the topic owner: questioning is always good thing to do, so ask anything you want and ignore those who hate...

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 04:30 PM
    Why do people keep posting the same answer... we got it the first time.. the second...third, fourth, fifth... You know how numbers work. Find another way to raise your post count -.-
    Because you were stupid enough to complain numerous times.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-16-13 04:30 PM
    Yeah under remember you can record voice.
    05-16-13 04:31 PM
    Wow people really don't try hard to figure things out.
    This. Consumers are too stupid and or lazy. Often seeking answers to already answered questions. Intuition? Pfft, who needs it..

Slowly, I see Idiocracy coming into fruition. We are growing ever so dependent on our tools that without them, we are lost without it. Thoreau said it best, "men have become the tools of their tools".
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-16-13 04:49 PM
    You record a voice note and it gets posted in Remember. Then you can even take a picture or video to go with it and/or attach a file.

Colour code it, set a due date, tag it, etc. etc. etc.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-16-13 05:05 PM
    Wow, sounds like somebody just got the phone and decided to pull a hissy fit before actually enjoying how much better this phone is! If you're upset about ring tones and email settings then get a life. You can modify these settings in no time.

Also when you build a completely new phone and OS there WILL be changes, settle down, guarantee you will fine, just enjoy!!!

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    05-16-13 05:19 PM
    Actually, if you just hold down the play/pause key you can start a voice note without even opening an app, and it gets filed in Remember.

Remember is actually pretty decent once you get acquainted with it. It slices and dices your notes (including voice notes) in some very useful ways.
    Sorry in advance if this next question irritates some, but I don't know where to go look for the play /pause key. As mentioned here:
    ...ctually, if you just hold down the play/pause key you can start a voice note ...

I want to know how to turn on "Record" when a call comes in. There's little time for flicking around the tiles and pressing to open An app and then pressing Unfiled Entries a folder sitting next to Davids Calendar a folder, and then clicking on New Entry and clicking on Voice Note and then clicking on Ready to Record.

Web searching for BlackBerry Remember User Manual, I found nothing. I already have the "Smartphone Manual" and can read the extreme minimal text on page 71. I've had a Z10 since the first week of February. I get the feeling that MANY people in this forum are well versed in th z10 because they got it long long ago when it was distributed to people in the ecosystem. Or something like that.
    05-16-13 07:43 PM
    Did Parrot works with Whatsapp?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 07:49 PM
    Sorry in advance if this next question irritates some, but I don't know where to go look for the play /pause key. As mentioned here:
    ...ctually, if you just hold down the play/pause key you can start a voice note ...

I want to know how to turn on "Record" when a call comes in. There's little time for flicking around the tiles and pressing to open An app and then pressing Unfiled Entries a folder sitting next to Davids Calendar a folder, and then clicking on New Entry and clicking on Voice Note and then clicking on Ready to Record.

Web searching for BlackBerry Remember User Manual, I found nothing. I already have the "Smartphone Manual" and can read the extreme minimal text on page 71. I've had a Z10 since the first week of February. I get the feeling that MANY people in this forum are well versed in th z10 because they got it long long ago when it was distributed to people in the ecosystem. Or something like that.
    That is ilegal unless the other party agrees, in which case, you have plenty of time to start recording.
    05-16-13 08:27 PM
    It is legal and lawful to record a conversation in which I am participating. I'm in Canada. Drop the legal question.
    05-16-13 08:42 PM

WOW!!!
    Ummm..it's the middle button, between the volume control buttons. Press and hold for 2...1...record.
    05-16-13 08:43 PM
    Actually, if you just hold down the play/pause key you can start a voice note without even opening an app, and it gets filed in Remember.

Remember is actually pretty decent once you get acquainted with it. It slices and dices your notes (including voice notes) in some very useful ways.
    Well, maybe you think it's great, but I keep saying "Make me a sandwich" and it has no clue what I'm asking for!
    05-16-13 08:44 PM
    Did Parrot works with Whatsapp?
    Parrot.
    05-16-13 08:44 PM
    WOW!!!
    Ummm..it's the middle button, between the volume control buttons. Press and hold for 2...1...record.
    In the screens for which I wrote descriptions, there isn't any middle button and there aren't any volume control buttons.
    05-16-13 08:48 PM
    In the screens for which I wrote descriptions, there isn't any middle button and there aren't any volume control buttons.
    Do you have an iphone or a Z10? On the Z10, the volume control buttons are on the right side of the device, if you're right handed your thumb rests on them.
    If you're looking for the soft key, 2 finger slide up for your keyboard, tap and hold the period key, 2...1..record.
    Why is that hard?
    05-16-13 09:23 PM
    Sorry it's easy when one knows now that the burtons meant were the physical ones. I didn't think of them, I'm so into the virtual stuff on the big screen.
    05-16-13 10:56 PM
    It is legal and lawful to record a conversation in which I am participating. I'm in Canada. Drop the legal question.
    Yeah true. As long as " one or more" parties in the call are aware it's being recorded.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:14 PM
    That sets up voice control on my Z10 and I don't want it or the data snooping agreement that goes with it.

Can voice notes be set up without voice control and handing over my device's personal data?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:33 PM
    That sets up voice control on my Z10 and I don't want it or the data snooping agreement that goes with it.

Can voice notes be set up without voice control and handing over my device's personal data?

Posted via CB10
    You can shut data collection off, in Settings, Security and Privacy, Diagnostics. Also, if you learn or know how to access the Escreen menu, you can shutdown the secondard collector, and not have to worry too much.
    05-16-13 11:41 PM
    But I have to enter into the contractual agreement to hand over my data, even if the current software allows me so switch of the collection process. Is my understanding correct?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:47 PM
    The blackberry Z10 does have a voice recorder , click on the remember me ap , it's all there
    12-10-13 08:42 AM
    It does , click on the remember me ap , it's there
    12-10-13 08:44 AM
    Click on the remember me app , then on the mike , that's your voice recorder
    12-10-13 08:46 AM
50 12