All the previous BB are so great cause they come with a great pre-installed voice recorder. Why doesnt the Z10 have one?
    Davidro1 likes this.
    05-14-13 10:27 PM
    There is an app for that
    05-14-13 10:29 PM
    All the previous BB are so great cause they come with a great pre-installed voice recorder. Why doesnt the Z10 have one?
    +1
    I am surprised that no one pointed this out until now.
    05-14-13 10:34 PM
    It does, Remember.

Posted via CB10
    iToya and Mecca EL like this.
    05-14-13 10:36 PM
    Why does this BB not have a voice recorder app preinstalled?-img_00000135.png

Like this one?

Posted...Up
    JMDBERRY, Thunderbuck and Mecca EL like this.
    05-14-13 10:38 PM
    Pretty sure Remember has voice recorder built into it. You can connect it to Evernote and save it in the cloud as well.
    05-14-13 10:39 PM
    Seriously! This is soooo annoying. The Z10 had so many features removed that previous BB users love.
    05-14-13 10:39 PM
    Use remember, took me a few months to figure out it can actually be used as a voice recorder, there really isn't much by the way of advertising that it does this unless you use the app a lot.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:44 PM
    Wow people really don't try hard to figure things out. This feature is in the remember app.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, Thunderbuck and sooman54 like this.
    05-14-13 10:47 PM
    I opened the app called Remember. It shows me almost no options. I click on each one methodically following the options provided until the end of each chain. There is no Record or anything similar.
    05-15-13 07:12 PM
    For those who don't know where to locate and use voice note, please take the time to research your own phone first before coming here to rant!!
    Goto:
    1) Remember App
    2) Open new entry/file
    3) Minimize keyboard, and look to the bottom middle, there will be a microphone. Use it and frolic for fawk sakes....

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and der_mit like this.
    05-15-13 07:19 PM
    Create a note. Then at the bottom, there it is. Mas th Keyboard if necessary

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    05-15-13 07:21 PM
    c'mon ,
    as the wise ones above have said
    voice notes is there, in the remember app,
    open the app,
    select new entry,
    and the option is there.
    its called voice note.
    05-15-13 07:24 PM
    There's a free app called Parrot. It's got 5 star rating by over 300 people. This is the voice recorder you're looking for.

Sent via CB10 and Z10.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    05-15-13 07:45 PM
    There's a voice control app and your can record voice notes there. They go to Remember.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-15-13 08:32 PM
    Why do people keep posting the same answer... we got it the first time.. the second...third, fourth, fifth... You know how numbers work. Find another way to raise your post count -.-
    doug8256 and DNRuffin like this.
    05-15-13 08:54 PM
    I recommend using parrot. I use voice recorder all the time and parrot records it in a format more universally recognized (wav opposed to m4a)

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 09:18 PM
    Why couldn't it be easy like the previous OS? anyways, I hate how i cant get the old ring tones on here and have them for individual notifications. And i think the email is not saved forever. Also, i sent myself test emails from PC to BB Z10 and it takes forever to arrive on the Z10. I guess those little BB dots next to the signal bar means nothing anymore.
    05-15-13 10:46 PM
    Why do people keep posting the same answer... we got it the first time.. the second...third, fourth, fifth... You know how numbers work. Find another way to raise your post count -.-
    For the same reason that people feel the need to keep posting the same question even after the answer has been given.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit and Mecca EL like this.
    05-15-13 11:53 PM
    The reason is simple... BlackBerry developers are essentially the people nobody else would hire.
    This is just another example of BlackBerry dropping the ball and not including another basic feature that is standard with every other OS.

Using 'remember' is just a bastardized way of making a voice recording. 99% of the people who use this feature want to select the app and press record, plain and simple.

Posted via CB10
    DNRuffin and Davidro1 like this.
    05-16-13 12:07 AM
    People are being so defensive about a bastardized/crippled feature instead of making any useful suggestions. SMH.
    blackmoe likes this.
    05-16-13 12:27 AM
    Why does this BB not have a voice recorder app preinstalled?-img_00000159.png

BlackBerry Remember

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-16-13 12:31 AM
    The reason is simple... BlackBerry developers are essentially the people nobody else would hire.
    This is just another example of BlackBerry dropping the ball and not including another basic feature that is standard with every other OS.

Using 'remember' is just a bastardized way of making a voice recording. 99% of the people who use this feature want to select the app and press record, plain and simple.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, if you just hold down the play/pause key you can start a voice note without even opening an app, and it gets filed in Remember.

Remember is actually pretty decent once you get acquainted with it. It slices and dices your notes (including voice notes) in some very useful ways.
    goku_vegeta and JMDBERRY like this.
    05-16-13 12:42 AM
    WOW, bashing because people are answering the OP's question,
    you can see that subsequent posters still didnt accept that the app was there, even when it was spelled out .
    There is a lag as to when a post appears on the forum, sometimes several people may answer at the same time so the posts appear at the same time. you dont have to be clever to understand that.
    05-16-13 04:30 AM
    Thx thunder buck, you provided an additional explanation of a good user feature in an otherwise fast deteriorated thread.

BB is paying a price for modifying some options that users of their prior phones/OP systems had come accustomed. A typical BB user is no different than found with NY other phone. They want ease of use and functionality. But old habits aren't easily changed...just the nature of the consumer beast.

Guess that this horse has been beaten enough, let's move on....

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 03:58 PM
50 12