Hi everyone

I have been in a couple of cities in US in the last week, and i stopped by the AT&T and verizon outlets to check out the price of the z10, and I've noticed in all my experiences that the sellers try to shift my attention to other devices, disliking my preference for blackberry.

This sounded very strange to me as a possible buyer.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 06:42 AM
    Tell them that they just lost a sale and walk out.

Also, throw eggs at their Droid and IPhone ads on the windows.

~STV
    05-11-13 07:10 AM
    Maybe they are tired of people bringing them back because it's rebooting randomly and also the apps people want aren't there?
    05-11-13 07:19 AM
    Cuz they get more commissions from selling other devices, such as Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    NightSlayer and SDTRMG like this.
    05-11-13 07:27 AM
    I come from a country in which if you walk into a phone shop and ask for a samsung or iphone, then you get a weird look.

Actually I'm a proud owner of a q10 now, had the z10 for a couple of month, and no one of them has ever rebooted itself.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 07:30 AM
    Maybe they are tired of people bringing them back because it's rebooting randomly and also the apps people want aren't there?
    Reboots, as proven by a quasi-experimental study here on the forums, is most likely the carrier's own darn fault for being slow as the dickens to release a proper update. Reason invalidated.

Skype...available to Z10 shortly. Yes it was delayed but a quick search in your engine of choice beforehand would have shown it wasn't available yet so that is again a case of the consumer setting him or herself up for disappointment by taking an assumption approach. Ever heard when you assume, you make an a$$ out of you and me?

Instagram...BB10 native image editing has more functionality and you can share photos however you please. Instagram is an exclusive community with only allowing access to those who have the app on Droid or iOS. You can't even sign up from their website. You can side load, though, if you are ambitious, though I hear ya that that isn't a good solution. Still, I hate Instagram and the exclusive minds behind it. It's one of those big whoopdie doo apps to me but nevertheless people have the liberty to be...exclusive and far too easy to please with what they consider a good app(lication).

Netflix...this company is ridiculous. Whenever someone says that BlackBerry cannot run it I whip out my phone and pound PopcornFlix in their face. Native app could easily be made for BlackBerry. They won't even bother making a port. Heck, they have done the opposite...Netflix has taken measures to block BlackBerry devices from using their website even though BlackBerry has Flash and could otherwise easily use Netflix even without the bloomin' app.

Pandora...3rd party but trusted, highly rated app called Apollo. You sign into your Pandora account from it. Works infinitely better than Pandora on legacy BlackBerry. Btw, Pandora has been on legacy BlackBerry for a LONG time. I still run into many fools and tools who don't even know that. Just because you don't care, doesn't make it okay to bash a platform for a void that doesn't exist.

Games? BlackBerry went from having games that would barely be exciting 20 years ago to being a great gaming platform. Nova 3, Dead Space, Let's Golf, Six Guns, Bards Tale, Angry Birds Star Wars, Blackjack King, Need for Speed, just to name some. Also the lightsaber, whip, and beer drinking crapps (as I call them...come on those are hardly apps) are available now too.

And in closing, why do I sound like such a defensive fan boy? Well, because many of us, myself included, are sick and tired of mindless BlackBerry discrimination. Yes, discrimination. That's exactly what it is.

Use what phone you like. But please know something before you trash and bash a brand.

~STV
    05-11-13 07:34 AM
    Is there anything blackberry can do about this.......

Maybe send reps to flagship carrier stores

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 07:37 AM
    I don't think that most users are experiencing the rebooting issue. As far as app support, minimal research by the buyer would tell them what apps are available helping them decide whether or not to buy it. So to buy something, anything without proper research is asinine.

Now anytime I walk into an AT&T store every associate is carrying an ipad to conduct customer transactions. Also most also carry an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-11-13 07:43 AM
    Another thing you can do pro-blackberry is flip the situation around. When they start trashing it for whatever lame reason, start advertising BlackBerry to them.

What do you do when you are rushing in an airport and it is far too loud for voice dictation to work and you have a bag in one hand and an X phone in the other and you just want to get a fast, accurate sentence out? Well with BlackBerry 10...no problem.

So you have all these apps you say, but let me show you BlackBerry Flow which eliminates the need to think darn which app am I in...for example, Remember does...

If I really wanna make them wet their knickers and peek and active frame multitasking isn't enough even tho it should be especially for iPhone users, I crank out Web Splitter and watch their jaws drop.

~STV
    05-11-13 07:52 AM
    Reboots, as proven by a quasi-experimental study here on the forums, is most likely the carrier's own darn fault for being slow as the dickens to release a proper update. Reason invalidated.

While true your average person doesn't care who's fault it is. All they know is they don't want a device that randomly reboots all the time. And who do they complain to and return the device to?

Skype...available to Z10 shortly. Yes it was delayed but a quick search in your engine of choice beforehand would have shown it wasn't available yet so that is again a case of the consumer setting him or herself up for disappointment by taking an assumption approach. Ever heard when you assume, you make an a$$ out of you and me?

True again and again the average person doesn't care if it's coming "soon" they want it now or they don't want it. Just the way it is.

Instagram...BB10 native image editing has more functionality and you can share photos however you please. Instagram is an exclusive community with only allowing access to those who have the app on Droid or iOS. You can't even sign up from their website. You can side load, though, if you are ambitious, though I hear ya that that isn't a good solution. Still, I hate Instagram and the exclusive minds behind it. It's one of those big whoopdie doo apps to me but nevertheless people have the liberty to be...exclusive and far too easy to please with what they consider a good app(lication).

Again your average person wants it, if the product doesn't have what they want they will look at what does. You want a car and you really really want one that has cruise control, leather seats and a moon roof. You look at a car that has those things and one that doesn't. The price is only a marginal difference. Which one are you buying?

Netflix...this company is ridiculous. Whenever someone says that BlackBerry cannot run it I whip out my phone and pound PopcornFlix in their face. Native app could easily be made for BlackBerry. They won't even bother making a port. Heck, they have done the opposite...Netflix has taken measures to block BlackBerry devices from using their website even though BlackBerry has Flash and could otherwise easily use Netflix even without the bloomin' app.

That is netflix right to do what they want, sucks yes but they can do it. Your average person is not going to sideload.

Pandora...3rd party but trusted, highly rated app called Apollo. You sign into your Pandora account from it. Works infinitely better than Pandora on legacy BlackBerry. Btw, Pandora has been on legacy BlackBerry for a LONG time. I still run into many fools and tools who don't even know that. Just because you don't care, doesn't make it okay to bash a platform for a void that doesn't exist.

I don't know that they bash it, maybe just don't recommend it to anyone asking about those things?

Games? BlackBerry went from having games that would barely be exciting 20 years ago to being a great gaming platform. Nova 3, Dead Space, Let's Golf, Six Guns, Bards Tale, Angry Birds Star Wars, Blackjack King, Need for Speed, just to name some. Also the lightsaber, whip, and beer drinking crapps (as I call them...come on those are hardly apps) are available now too.

Do they have someone else's favorite game? Average people want what they want.

And in closing, why do I sound like such a defensive fan boy? Well, because many of us, myself included, are sick and tired of mindless BlackBerry discrimination. Yes, discrimination. That's exactly what it is.

Use what phone you like. But please know something before you trash and bash a brand.

~STV
    I do know there is some discrimination due to the almost total lack of interest in the states for a few years now for BBRY devices and yes if someone walks in asks specifically for the new BBRY they should sell it to them and shut up but if someone does the same and then asks about all the things it doesn't have or do yet then why not show them what does?

I hope BBRY can get the "things" your average person wants because most people don't want to wait or use work arounds when they have a choice to get something that just does everything. Most people are not very tech at all and want what has the least amount of hassles to get it.
    05-11-13 08:07 AM
    commission, Why push a device onto a customer that's going to be returned within 14 days? Customers want the top business and entertainment apps, customers want cool accessories. Until blackberry offer those things expect carriers to keep pushing android and ios.

Sent from my Galaxy 4
    Jerry A likes this.
    05-11-13 08:07 AM
    The same thing happened to me. Went in for Z10, some how got talked into Galaxy S4. Returned next day to return S4 for Z10 after the $35 AT&T restocking fee. See my posting. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=804555

Posted via CB10
    R Field, SDTRMG and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    05-11-13 08:10 AM
    Cuz they get more commissions from selling other devices, such as Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    That is why he should go to a T-mobile store because we get the same commission whether we sell a flip phone Z10, HTX ONE or GS4. Sometimes you'll get reps that are bias but usually it seems that way because they have more product knowledge on that product specifically so they tend to stick to what they know. It's just human nature they are just afraid of what they do not understand.

Posted via CB10
    mujahid 10, SDTRMG and bquinney like this.
    05-11-13 08:25 AM
    That is why he should go to a T-mobile store because we get the same commission whether we sell a flip phone Z10, HTX ONE or GS4. Sometimes you'll get reps that are bias but usually it seems that way because they have more product knowledge on that product specifically so they tend to stick to what they know. It's just human nature they are just afraid of what they do not understand.

Posted via CB10
    I wish tmo had coverage in places other than major cities and along interstates. When I had tmo for a few days whenever I left these areas my phone became a useless brick.
    05-11-13 08:36 AM
    First of all, the folks here in the USA have waited two (2) **** Years for Blackberry to produce something they wanted, who's fault is that? Sorry, but the dealers who once used to praise and sell your products have moved on to products that sell, plain and simple, it's called supply and demand and it is a basic business model thats been around since commerce was invented.

I am came back to BB because of the z10 and yes, I have had to take back 4 z10's because of the restart issues and I am still staying with the brand, but I am the exception my loyal friends. Here is this country, apps and the popularity of the product are what sells and the folks who work in the stores are only going to sell what the people are asking for and it's not the Blackberry brand at the moment. Sorry to be so direct, but that's just the way it is whether you choose to accept it or not.

I preach the z10 and Blackberry experience every place I go and to anyone who wants to play with the device and ask me questions and my overall experience using it. I try and answer them in an honest and strait forward manner so they feel comfortable when buying it. The fact is Blackberry has to rebuild their name and brand image here and thats not going to happen overnight.

I am hoping with some of the larger corporations and government agencies buying enough of the z10's and Q10's, it will get them into the hands of folks who will see how great the device can improve their everyday task and some of that will spill over into the consumer market. Until then, word of mouth from folks like me who have made the transition from another platform, will be the key to whether it happens or not. Only time will tell. Just my thoughts.
    05-11-13 08:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    At my flagship store we have over 13 different cases for a 8 month old iPhone and only 3 types for the z10

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 08:40 AM
    Bottom line, the BlackBerry is for business and people who want things done.
    The ios is for gaming, loading apps and deleting them 2 days later.

All phones have their followers. But I have to agree that BlackBerry lost a lot of credibility but they are coming back strong with a new vision and amazing devices. They will be back to the top.

Posted with my Z10
    05-11-13 08:48 AM
    Because its a canadian company that people don't want to see exist(a la nortel)because of it security and pin to pin. They can't spy on as easily. So the american carriers add bloat ware to make the device have random re boots to sabotage RIM.

Plus the retailers make more comission off the other devices.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    05-11-13 08:50 AM
    Because its a canadian company that people don't want to see exist(a la nortel)because of it security and pin to pin. They can't spy on as easily. So the american carriers add bloat ware to make the device have random re boots to sabotage RIM.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure carriers are doing this? Too bad it's probably impossible to install a leak and use the phone without pushed carrier crap unless you use it awhile not as a phone.
    05-11-13 08:58 AM
    I do know there is some discrimination due to the almost total lack of interest in the states for a few years now for BBRY devices and yes if someone walks in asks specifically for the new BBRY they should sell it to them and shut up but if someone does the same and then asks about all the things it doesn't have or do yet then why not show them what does?

I hope BBRY can get the "things" your average person wants because most people don't want to wait or use work arounds when they have a choice to get something that just does everything. Most people are not very tech at all and want what has the least amount of hassles to get it.
    The price we pay for these high end devices, should reflect that they work, on all aspects! When you buy a PC they don't half function or shut off, or Tabs doing what phones do!! IMHO
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-11-13 09:05 AM
    So the american carriers add bloat ware to make the device have random re boots to sabotage RIM.
    This claim sounds both technically challenged and insensible.
    05-11-13 09:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    You have got to be kidding???
    05-11-13 09:13 AM
    It is just my guess and opinion. Windows, Android and iOS are platforms designed and built by the U.S. while Canadian BlackBerry on the other hand is one and only one mobile platform built outside of the U.S. Now BlackBerry brings in BB10, the best OS over the other three. With that most advanced platform, in the long run BB10 not only can come back but also pass iOS even Android. Therfore, the US carriers and apps dev do not want BlackBerry to grow before burgeoning. If BlackBerry gets killed, the U.S. can dominate all mobile platforms in the world.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    05-11-13 09:18 AM
    I have worked at an ATT store for the past 3 years and out of 19 stores in the area, mine was the only one that had always pushed Blackberry. Out of 3 employees at my store, 2 of us used blackberrys as our personal phones. The other stores used to basically make fun of us for doing it, but we also sold more Blackberrys than all the other stores combined. People tend to sell what they are comfortable with, and most of the people working for the stores in the area were comfortable with android or iphone. I will say that once I started using the Z10 and showed it to people from the other stores, some of them converted. They mainly didn't want Blackberry due to not having apps, when I showed them that my Z10 could easily side load most of the apps that they wanted but weren't on BBworld, they swapped right away.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    shell_gwn likes this.
    05-11-13 09:22 AM
    I don't think that most users are experiencing the rebooting issue. As far as app support, minimal research by the buyer would tell them what apps are available helping them decide whether or not to buy it. So to buy something, anything without proper research is asinine.

Now anytime I walk into an AT&T store every associate is carrying an ipad to conduct customer transactions. Also most also carry an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    I think there was sarcasm in the original post about rebooting. People are in general uneducated about what bb10 can do and doesn't do any longer.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:28 AM
96 123 ...