Is it because they had an iphone or an android before? Thinking it'd be the same thing? Or are they just too butthurt to just accept new technology? Tell me people, I have the z10 and I love it and when people ask what's good about it, I don't bother answering the question as it ends up becoming an argument of why they think it sucks and why I think it's awesome. So I just don't bother. People are butthurt.

PS: Sorry if I offended anyone in anyway Idk how I would but just in case.

Posted via CB10
    big_time2, troshs, SDTRMG and 2 others like this.
    02-23-13 10:07 PM
    Because they see it as a threat to their favorite device. It's simple as that.

Unless of course people like to think they already have the best device available and someone coming along telling them there's something better doesn't usually go over well.

Pick either.
    02-23-13 10:10 PM
    I like where this is going...
    JeepBB and vegetto_456 like this.
    02-23-13 10:12 PM
    Its not hate, its a very long wait and we all got high expectations so any problems big and small bring a lot of disappointment.
    Its obsession - work both ways

Posted via CB10
    zeteo and big_time2 like this.
    02-23-13 10:13 PM
    Because they see it as a threat to their favorite device. It's simple as that.

Unless of course people like to think they already have the best device available and someone coming along telling them there's something better doesn't usually go over well.

Pick either.
    This.

Posted via CB10
    Drayk likes this.
    02-23-13 10:14 PM
    It probably has something to do with cold fusion.
    02-23-13 10:16 PM
    sorry couldnt give you an answer for your question because I LOVE my Z10!
    02-23-13 10:56 PM
    I've seen quite a bit of "BB10 doesn't replicate some feature that was dropped by OS 5, it's a failure" here.
    02-23-13 10:58 PM
    I say it's the hole app thing because at me and coworkers fight about this all time but there back is "Why didn't blackberry make computer like apple....because the suck and they no apps Man" after that I just wanna kill them > but I got one to switch lol hiss missing his apps Monday I will ask him if his going to switch back

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 11:16 PM
    Its not hate, its a very long wait and we all got high expectations so any problems big and small bring a lot of disappointment.
    Its obsession - work both ways

Posted via CB10
    This.

I love my Z10 btw. Flaws and all

Posted via CB10 using BBZ10
    02-23-13 11:19 PM
    It's the apps (or the lack thereof). I hate to say it but after two days with my Z10 I've come to the conclusion that even WebOS was better in this respect.

Will be thinking long and bar whether to keep it at the end of the return period.
    02-23-13 11:23 PM
    Who cares, if the device woks for you?

Why would someone waste time hating a device? I mean, with cancer, hunger, human trafficking, bigotry, etc all around, why waste that emotion on technology?
    sok2507, JeepBB, Drayk and 19 others like this.
    02-23-13 11:24 PM
    i think when something big stumbles (e.g. a company or person), people want to see them completely destroyed, so i am guessing its that kind of mentality that make people hate anything RIM releases. i feel its not only for RIM, also for people, such as when Gaddafi is in trouble, everyone wants to see him dead. same thing going on with Al-assad, people wants to see him finished
    BCLoco likes this.
    02-23-13 11:25 PM
    I always say that hate is a strong word. When ever I see someone say "I hate so and So" I replace it with "Dislike". Not overly relevant but people over react all the time.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 11:26 PM
    i think when something big stumbles (e.g. a company or person), people want to see them completely destroyed, so i am guessing its that kind of mentality that make people hate anything RIM releases. i feel its not only for RIM, also for people, such as when Gaddafi is in trouble, everyone wants to see him dead. same thing going on with Al-assad, people wants to see him finished
    In all fairness, if BBRY was considered to be a despot, the "hate" could be well directed LOL.
    kccman likes this.
    02-23-13 11:33 PM
    well i guess its stagnant years and the crappy device (storm) it released gave it that hate
    02-23-13 11:35 PM
    Who cares if they hate. I love it

Posted via CB10
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-23-13 11:40 PM
    This is so true, like i have a perfect example for this, BBM goes down for like a day its on like every tech site and goes huge! while on the other hand imessage goes down for an hour or longer a bit, people don't take note of that even if it trends on twitter. It's not fair..Apple can suck my d.
    02-23-13 11:41 PM
    I know change is not always easy - when a change is forced it is bound to find resistance. A lot of people have high hopes for the BlackBerry 10 and in reality it is a very nice new device. I must admit that I am biased but then again I do love the SIII and iPhone as well. My main device is the Z10 and I look forward to the next upgrades and further development of the merging of the OS'es for my vision is that the future will see a common platform for app development where devices will focus on end user experience.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 11:44 PM
    Who cares if they hate. I love it

Posted via CB10
    This....

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 11:46 PM
    Is it because they had an iphone or an android before? Thinking it'd be the same thing? Or are they just too butthurt to just accept new technology? Really? You are going to start off your question with this and later say, "Sorry if I offend anyone?" Tell me people, I have the z10 and I love it and when people ask what's good about it, I don't bother answering the question as it ends up becoming an argument of why they think it sucks and why I think it's awesome. So I just don't bother. People are butthurt. Sounds like you need to see it their way. You sound argumentative, insulting and bull-headed. Why wouldn't you be? You just spent money on a new device and to convince yourself you pick fights and then you lose. You then come on here and whine and call them "butthurt" They want features that BB does not bring to the table. Sit down with one of them and have them show you all the cool apps, the working essential apps like facebook and twitter, their cool cameras and all the other features that they love on their phone. Then you do the same and see who comes up with the shorter list.

PS: Sorry if I offended anyone in anyway Idk how I would but just in case.
    You'd insult your friends by calling them butthurt when in fact, it is you.
    Posted via CB10

If you love your phone, love your phone but don't call people "butthurt" because they don't see BB as offering anything that even the most basic cellphones have been doing for years.
    02-23-13 11:47 PM
    please people can we stop all the "why do people hate BB10" or "i hate bb10" threads? if you like android or apple, then go to them, if you like bb10, use bb10
    trynacu2, Drayk, tangyboy and 1 others like this.
    02-23-13 11:51 PM
    It's the apps (or the lack thereof). I hate to say it but after two days with my Z10 I've come to the conclusion that even WebOS was better in this respect.

Will be thinking long and bar whether to keep it at the end of the return period.
    Even webOS is better? You joking right?

When did webOS support c++/qt/cascades/air/html5/android apps? How can you even compare a brand new platform to a DEAD platform?

The Os was launched less than a month ago and you are complaining about the lack of apps? If you want apps, go get an iPhone or android. You knew buying a Z10 at this time that there will be apps missing. Come back here after a year and whine about apps if the key ones are not on bb10. As one of the Dev relations guy tweeted, it took almost 1.5 years for android to get instagram. Every app developer has their own release schedule and all blackberry can do is to make it easier for the developers to bring their application aboard.

When I got my touch pad, it was great at first, but the app catalogue was frozen after a couple of months.

Compare that to bb10 where BlackBerry has offered awesome development tools and is doing all they can to bring developers on board. To whine about the lack of apps on a platform that is 3 weeks old is completely ignorant of what BlackBerry has done in the past 1.5 years.

-end rant-

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 11:55 PM
    Different people have different reasons to hate on it...none of them are legitimate.
    Some have a personal hate on for RIM, some are just minions of the competition, trashing it as a means to keep BB10 from dominating, some are people who, having not the cranial fortitude to get it, lash out for all to see as a way to "get back" at RIM for outing their incompetence.
    You can feel safe in the knowledge that they shall not succeed in their nefarious plans for ruining the success of BB10.
    Just enjoy your new phone and spread the good word of what an awesome phone it really is.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    trynacu2, R Field, Drayk and 1 others like this.
    02-23-13 11:58 PM
    Even webOS is better? You joking right?

When did webOS support c++/qt/cascades/air/html5/android apps? How can you even compare a brand new platform to a DEAD platform?

The Os was launched less than a month ago and you are complaining about the lack of apps? If you want apps, go get an iPhone or android. You knew buying a Z10 at this time that there will be apps missing. Come back here after a year and whine about apps if the key ones are not on bb10. As one of the Dev relations guy tweeted, it took almost 1.5 years for android to get instagram. Every app developer has their own release schedule and all blackberry can do is to make it easier for the developers to bring their application aboard.

When I got my touch pad, it was great at first, but the app catalogue was frozen after a couple of months.

Compare that to bb10 where BlackBerry has offered awesome development tools and is doing all they can to bring developers on board. To whine about the lack of apps on a platform that is 3 weeks old is completely ignorant of what BlackBerry has done in the past 1.5 years.

-end rant-

Posted via CB10
    Don't freak out. The app situation was better on WebOS, not the OS as a whole.

The argument of "it's only been out a month, give it time" just doesn't apply in this case. BlackBerry simply can't afford a failure here -> fact. The apps aren't here -> fact. Without apps, people aren't going to buy the devices -> fact. Without massive device sales, there aren't going to be new high-quality apps -> fact.

The Z10 may run Android ports. However, those run slowly and they're buggy as heck. The whole lag + back-button crap pretty much disqualifies this as a viable alternative. Many (if not all) of the big mainstream apps (such as Skype and Kindle) will be ports that are going to suck for this reason.

I have the strong feeling, if I come back in a year, as you suggest, I'll be seeing two things: BlackBerry (the device maker) gone or sold and BB 10 open-sourced and living on a handful of developers' legacy phones.

Don't get me wrong: I love the OS (that was the case for WebOS as well, though). I love the Z10. I think it's much better than most WP8 offerings. However, the app situation is dire and and is unlikely to improve. Microsoft has a decidedly inferior product but they have the cash to stay afloat long enough until the competitors (including BB) have disappeared. BlackBerry can't afford failure. They can't afford moderate success, either - what they need to survive is all-out, big-time, massive success and that's just not going to happen if there aren't any decent native apps.
    02-24-13 12:09 AM
133 123 ...