Since the Z10 came out in the US, and even before, I have visited numerous retailers including a few of the corporate cellular stores. Not a single individual had anything good to say about blackberry or BB10. Every person told me they wanted to see Blackberry go out of business, just start making printers, sell to Google or they had no reason except they did not like them. I did buy my Z10 to keep my Playbook happy. They are the best devices around...Yes, I am biased.
    The law firm my wife works for had all Blackberry's (150+) in every model, and she has a 9900. They have since started using I-Phones but some like her still use the BB. We just visited a retailer the other day to test drive a Q10 for her corporate upgrade and they still had nothing good to say......why?
    I find as well as many others, that the BB products are built much better and have a superior operating system...A am not 25 years old either.
    Most of the sales persons we dealt with all wanted to play games, take pictures of their junk or dilly dally, etc.
    I look at BB as the most professional products for the professional person as well as being the most secure.
    Of the individuals that we spoke to at these retailers, they all wanted us to buy a Google based product even though I (we) said we wanted the Z/Q10 product...Nothing at all about Apple. They could care less about BB.
    Im under the opinion that any individual that wants a BB product and the sales person can sell you a Google instead, the retailer must get a cash incentive.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    07-27-13 06:11 PM
    Because the believe the media and the market analysts that BlackBerry is a doomed company, on it's last leg. Just imagine if next month BBRY did close it doors for good what would happen to all those people who own a BlackBerry now? There would be no BIS service, no BBM service, etc., people would demand their carriers to allow them to exchange their devices for the competitors device (Android, iOS or Windows). Carriers would lose MILLIONS. So why not push a stable product and hide the unstable product in the back corner where no one will see it?
    07-27-13 06:15 PM
    Because in the past they were very arrogant and difficult to deal with. Now it's biting them in the ***. This is coming straight from friends that are high up at a smaller carrier.

Posted via CB10
    Douken likes this.
    07-27-13 06:34 PM
    Normally I would say hate is an extremely harsh word to use, but not in this instance. It is a tall tall cell tower to climb in the US

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    07-27-13 06:45 PM
    Thats maybe only for US carrier and very different in emerging country like me in Indonesia, blackberry is booming almost 80% of indonesian have blackberry, everywhere you turn around you will see they holding blackberry any kind of model, i still believe that blackberry will survive.

Posted via Z10 with Axis Indonesia
    laketrout73 and bitek like this.
    07-27-13 06:46 PM
    Everyone has to have an opinion, and it's easier if someone tells them what that opinion should be. They're in retail, dude, not running a company. Their next job promotion will be price stamping chicken parts at Ralphs. And... they'll have an opinion about that.
    07-27-13 07:13 PM
    I was at a Costco in the Detroit area and I found the Z10 was well displayed and the sales people were very knowledgeable about the phone.

It varies everywhere but I was impressed.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    07-27-13 07:55 PM
    Well most of the corporate stores want you to buy iPhone due to contracts with Apple.

Most retail sales people are younger, (I'm a retailer and not young... But I manage the young'n's) and you remember when you were a kid. Bigger Faster Stronger! And well, the androids have everything beat on specs. Even if they'd be wasted on a qnx system, and it doesn't really help the Android out. Plus,most these kids have grown up buried in electronics, so the fact that you can change everything in Android, I'm sure is much more impressive to them than the efficency you get with BB10. Not to mention if you are looking for a mobile arcade, your only true choices right now are android and ios. Some of us however don't need an arcade in our pocket.

Just wait til the start taking pics of their junk with the time shift camera. Then BlackBerry will be on top!

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 and Djlatino like this.
    07-27-13 08:11 PM
    To be honest, I feel BlackBerry has had too many chances to make it, but they didn't in the past, and there's only certain companies that can be afforded this many mistakes and still survive. We, as the Crackberry nation, aren't bothered by all these much because hey if we get knocked down we keep coming back to BlackBerry. For the ex BlackBerry user who jumped from the company's products though, that failed and failed image of BlackBerry is hard to shake. So the image of BlackBerry gets increasingly worse for them in the mainstream, to the non-crackberrians. Can't blame them actually.

But my opinion is if you are in retail, you should just sell whatever the customer wants in the first place. I understand they have commissions for certain products, but if they want a BlackBerry don't be an *** and sell them an iPhone instead...

Posted via CB10
    CHIP72 likes this.
    07-27-13 08:26 PM
    BlackBerry is reaping what they have sown for several years. Same with Windows Phone.
    Both are good but it takes time to overcome negative perception.

People said the same types of things about Macs 10-15 years ago.

This doesn't excuse the ignorance of those who are paid to know though.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 08:33 PM
    Nobody in PHX has a BlackBerry Z10 but me!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 08:38 PM
    Yea BlackBerry got screwed under its former CEO nothing against him, but that's where things got sour. TH is here to re-image BlackBerry, so to speak, and that is not an easy task. In business there is usually a point where a company starts to lose its ground, and at that point they must innovate and add something new, BlackBerry practically failed to do so until last minute. Now, the puzzle is a tougher one to solve..

Posted via that z10!
    07-27-13 08:58 PM
    Since the Z10 came out in the US, and even before, I have visited numerous retailers including a few of the corporate cellular stores. Not a single individual had anything good to say about blackberry or BB10. Every person told me they wanted to see Blackberry go out of business, just start making printers, sell to Google or they had no reason except they did not like them. I did buy my Z10 to keep my Playbook happy. They are the best devices around...Yes, I am biased.
    The law firm my wife works for had all Blackberry's (150+) in every model, and she has a 9900. They have since started using I-Phones but some like her still use the BB. We just visited a retailer the other day to test drive a Q10 for her corporate upgrade and they still had nothing good to say......why?
    I find as well as many others, that the BB products are built much better and have a superior operating system...A am not 25 years old either.
    Most of the sales persons we dealt with all wanted to play games, take pictures of their junk or dilly dally, etc.
    I look at BB as the most professional products for the professional person as well as being the most secure.
    Of the individuals that we spoke to at these retailers, they all wanted us to buy a Google based product even though I (we) said we wanted the Z/Q10 product...Nothing at all about Apple. They could care less about BB.
    Im under the opinion that any individual that wants a BB product and the sales person can sell you a Google instead, the retailer must get a cash incentive.
    They do not know how to market themselves.
    07-27-13 09:11 PM
    The son of a friend of mine bought a Z10 today at the Verizon corporate store and the employees literally laughed at him for wanting the device.

Honestly, this is one of the reasons (of many, I might add) why I support BlackBerry as much as I personally can in hopes of turning the tide and giving the company a fighting chance.
    07-27-13 10:06 PM
    Is not because BlackBerry 10 is bad. Is because the brand BlackBerry was damaged by the old administration.

Everyone thinks BlackBerry are brick phones that are ugly, are ONLY for business, use java, don't have entertainment apps, are not that user friendly, etc.

It's majorly people that have never used or seen BlackBerry 10.

Marketing is everything
    hazarder likes this.
    07-27-13 10:17 PM
    Well most of the corporate stores want you to buy iPhone due to contracts with Apple.

Plus,most these kids have grown up buried in electronics, so the fact that you can change everything in Android, I'm sure is much more impressive to them than the efficency you get with BB10. Not to mention if you are looking for a mobile arcade, your only true choices right now are android and ios. Some of us however don't need an arcade in our pocket.

Posted via CB10
    Well... being "buried" in electronics" and understanding electronics are two different things. I work with kids in the film biz quite a bit and, except for those studying and using editing hardware etc., I find these kids to have been dumbed down by the Apple experience. As you point out, they love the toy over tool aspect of iOS and Android. But, these kids should not be making unilateral marketing choices for customers. It's one thing to be stupid, it's quite another to be proud of it.
    bradu1 likes this.
    07-27-13 10:35 PM
    Well... being "buried" in electronics" and understanding electronics are two different things. I work with kids in the film biz quite a bit and, except for those studying and using editing hardware etc., I find these kids to have been dumbed down by the Apple experience. As you point out, they love the toy over tool aspect of iOS and Android. But, these kids should not be making unilateral marketing choices for customers. It's one thing to be stupid, it's quite another to be proud of it.
    Agreed!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 10:41 PM
    It's not cool to like blackberry, plain and simple. Apple and Samsung is hip and cool because kids love them and all the haters are trying to grasp on to their youth using what is cool and not practical.

BlackBerry is for individuals not imitators.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    07-27-13 10:53 PM
    Finally got my Q10 which was sold out online at my local store. Verizon reps had nothing good to say about the Z10 but gave a half-hearted ok on the Q10 which was replacing the dying Curve. The Verizon reps tried to talk me into Android product but they had nothing to compete with the Qwerty key board that's only available on a Blackberry.

Edit: None of the Verizon reps I encountered tested or tried BB10 but were very quick to discourage its purchase. Poor carrier support from the sales reps makes it really hard for BlackBerry to compete.
    Last edited by AggreX; 07-27-13 at 11:32 PM.
    07-27-13 11:18 PM
    That's what I say about everyone. They say BlackBerry sucks but all of them have never used BlackBerry 10.

Marketing is everything
    07-28-13 01:43 AM
    Sad stories.
    This reminds me of some great products and brands of the past, which were on par or even clearly better than the competition, but became obsolete because of false market perception, bad marketing etc.
    Betamax, Palm, Apple (before resurrection) etc.
    07-28-13 04:09 AM
    It's not cool to like blackberry, plain and simple. Apple and Samsung is hip and cool because kids love them and all the haters are trying to grasp on to their youth using what is cool and not practical.

BlackBerry is for individuals not imitators.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you, but with all the problems android has, the old school IOS why not give a NEW technology a chance?? I think that the re-sellers should be more informed and BB have a more agressive marketing system.
    bbfan1040 and axeman1000 like this.
    07-28-13 04:24 AM
    It's all about managing a consumers expectations. I don't blame the retailer. Anyone who wants a blackberry knows what they want and they need not be swayed by the sales person. It's the novice smartphone user who thinks all smartphones are the same, when blackberry is clearly not in the applications department. So it makes sense for the retailer to recommend a more mainstream product.

Posted via CB10
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    07-28-13 05:02 AM
    It's easier to sell a phone that people are not going to ask 8876 questions about. It's even harder when you don't know the answer. Most of the people that buy android devices don't use them to their potential anyway, so they get the simplified rundown and get shoved out the door so the next sheep can show up

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 08:13 AM
    Unfortunately I don't see BlackBerry making a comeback. I hope I'm wrong but with the poor initial sales of BB10 devices, none existent marketing, sales reps who discourage, poor carrier support I just don't see them digging out of the hole they dug for themselves. It's a shame 99.9 % of people have no clue that these fantastic devices exist.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 08:32 AM
38 12