So I did a security wipe of my wifes z10 ..Did a complete backup first. Went to reload the backup after and the phone changed names.. now I cant restore the backed up file..She lost everything contacts pics and her oh so important music..Is there a way to load the backed up file to her phone with a different name? Ill attach a pic explaining what im talking about.. Her phone name before the security wipe was TAWNIA now after the wipe its called 8F7C is there a way to change the name of the backup folder or the name of the phone so I can restore her system? I did the security wipe to try to resolve not being able to send or receive picture text messages.. Didnt work BTW
    Thanks in advance for any help!

Why did my Z10 change names after a secutity wipe?-bb-screen-shot.png
    07-27-15 03:41 PM
    8F7C is the last four characters of the PIN. All BlackBerry phones have names like that, by default.

To change it back, Settings > About > Device Name, change it back to TAWNIA.

If I remember correctly, backups operate on BlackBerry ID, so make sure that's the same as it was before, too.
    tfb4me likes this.
    07-27-15 04:29 PM
    I did the security wipe to try to resolve not being able to send or receive picture text messages.. Didnt work BTW
    Thanks in advance for any help!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb screen shot.png 
Views:	208 
Size:	3.3 KB 
ID:	364441
    Never been able to figure out why people expect a security wipe to fix this kind of issue. I've been using BlackBerry phones since the 4700 was released and only ever done security wipes before giving them to someone else. That is the reason to do a security wipe. Most of the other reasons people give for doing a wipe are better accomplished by installing an autoloader.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    07-27-15 05:48 PM
    Never been able to figure out why people expect a security wipe to fix this kind of issue. I've been using BlackBerry phones since the 4700 was released and only ever done security wipes before giving them to someone else. That is the reason to do a security wipe. Most of the other reasons people give for doing a wipe are better accomplished by installing an autoloader.

Im not to tech savy here so I was just following advice i received here

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issue-1029857/
    07-27-15 06:34 PM
    8F7C is the last four characters of the PIN. All BlackBerry phones have names like that, by default.

To change it back, Settings > About > Device Name, change it back to TAWNIA.

If I remember correctly, backups operate on BlackBerry ID, so make sure that's the same as it was before, too.
    You are awesome! My wife will forever be gratefull
    07-27-15 06:36 PM
    Im not to tech savy here so I was just following advice i received here

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issue-1029857/
    Yeah, in that thread I would have listened to scrannel. MMS is a complex hack combining data transmission and another complex hack SMS. It is very dependent on getting the account set up correctly. So changing the sim card to another phone could indicate that your wife's phone was miss configured. If it was a security wipe wouldn't fix it. The whole time my employer had BlackBerrys on Rogers I don't think anyone could reliably send or receive MMS. I don't think we ever got it sorted out, but a change of carriers did fix the problem.

Anyway, the only thing a security wipe does is erase the personal data on the phone in a way that prevents someone with access to very sophisticated technology recovering the data. It doesn't change anything system related.

Changing to a Samsung phone may get you working MMS because you avoid the complexity of BlackBerry history with BIS,and various APNs but really why trust your client data to something as old and creaky as SMS or MMS. Neither of those protocols provide any means of ensuring reliable delivery, as you have found out. You are probably far better off using BBM, WhatsApp or even email.

07-27-15 11:53 PM