Hello,

I love my new BB Z10. There is no question about that. However, BlackBerry applications/World are a different story all together! The short question, how come there is no TRY option on those apps? Don't know much about Android or iOS applications, but Windows Phone 8 offers the potential buyer a chance to try the application before committing and buying it. Regardless of the price. Why don't we have that option on BB apps? For $.99 I might be willing to buy some to try but it gets old and expensive after a while. It's like through money away just to see whether the application meets my needs.

Anyone has any thoughts on that?

Regards.
    sosof, mjdimer and trynacu2 like this.
    05-20-13 12:00 PM
    Very good idea. If they allowed this option it would totally change up the top paid apps. Certain apps would not be there anymore that's for sure

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 12:03 PM
    True. I just paid for an app that doesn't work and haven't heard back from the developer about it.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 12:15 PM
    Very good idea. If they allowed this option it would totally change up the top paid apps. Certain apps would not be there anymore that's for sure

Posted via CB10
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 12:17 PM
    You can if the dev allows it. There are some that I've seen with a free trial.

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    05-20-13 12:17 PM
    Hey guys,

This is something that is left up to the developers, not the storefront. If you want try-before-you-buy options, bug the devs. Plain and simple.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    05-20-13 12:26 PM
    True. I just paid for an app that doesn't work and haven't heard back from the developer about it.

Posted via CB10
    Which app??, always helpful if you could tell us which app so that other people dont get ripped off, if what you are saying is true.
    05-20-13 12:33 PM
    Hey guys,

This is something that is left up to the developers, not the storefront. If you want try-before-you-buy options, bug the devs. Plain and simple.
    That might be the case. However, I do believe it's an OS culture as well. I used to be a Windows Phone 8 user, and even though some application in the Windows phone store don't have the Try option, almost 99% of them do. As The Aficionado said, this will eliminate apps that are trying to make a quick buck on our expense releasing junk products. It will also promote the genuine apps.

I for one will be more willing to pay $4.99 after trying the application and finding it useful.
    05-20-13 12:36 PM
    That might be the case. However, I do believe it's an OS culture as well. I used to be a Windows Phone 8 user, and even though some application in the Windows phone store don't have the Try option, almost 99% of them do. As The Aficionado said, this will eliminate apps that are trying to make a quick buck on our expense releasing junk products. It will also promote the genuine apps.

I for one will be more willing to pay $4.99 after trying the application and finding it useful.
    I agree completely.....if I try it and its good, I'm way more likely to pay a higher amount...the try option is a great idea.
    05-20-13 12:42 PM
    Hello,

I love my new BB Z10. There is no question about that. However, BlackBerry applications/World are a different story all together! The short question, how come there is no TRY option on those apps? Don't know much about Android or iOS applications, but Windows Phone 8 offers the potential buyer a chance to try the application before committing and buying it. Regardless of the price. Why don't we have that option on BB apps? For $.99 I might be willing to buy some to try but it gets old and expensive after a while. It's like through money away just to see whether the application meets my needs.

Regards.

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01
    05-20-13 12:46 PM
    I just think BlackBerry should be more involved in providing refund to consumers who buy apps that don't work.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    SK122387 likes this.
    05-20-13 01:05 PM
    It's a risk for a relatively fragile app ecosystem to introduce trials for every paid app. BlackBerry is trying to entice developers to come on board, and this would set things back for them. Maybe it will be something we'll see in the future once the app market is more developed, hopefully.

Posted via CB10
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    05-20-13 01:26 PM
    Which app??, always helpful if you could tell us which app so that other people dont get ripped off, if what you are saying is true.
    The app is question is Sparse RSS. In fact I've had issues with apps in the past but I've at least received responses to emails when contacting the developer. And yes it was only $. 99 but still...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 01:53 PM
    I just think BlackBerry should be more involved in providing refund to consumers who buy apps that don't work.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    you mean beyond providing a link in the email you get when you purchase an app, that takes you to a form you fill out to get the refund?

Sure its not as polished as the Android 15min system.
    05-20-13 02:06 PM
    Hey guys,

Google Play gives a refund on apps before a certain time. It used to be 24 hours but I think it was shortened to like 30 minutes or something. For the devs, it's extra work to do that and I assume most aren't bothered. And, of course, the ones that really care about their customers enough to have a free trial probably aren't the ones that you would be wanting a refund from anyway.

I agree with Masahiro though, BB doesn't want too many reasons to turn away new developers.
    05-20-13 02:23 PM
    I won't pay for a single bb10 app because the free ones usually don't work well. If i could try first I would dl paid apps. And give them a shot

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 02:33 PM
    I owned a Samsung S3 for a short while and, in the UK at least, if I deleted a paid app within the first 15 minutes then I didn't get charged for it.

I also accidentally downloaded the tablet version of WeatherPro onto my phone. No problem getting a refund. It would be nice if BlackBerry had something similar.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 02:44 PM
    I won't pay for a single bb10 app because the free ones usually don't work well. If i could try first I would dl paid apps. And give them a shot

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the big outage back in 2011 when RIM gave away a bunch of apps really opened my eyes. Some were big apps that were always on RIM's list of Best Of... I'm not sure I kept any of them. They either ran buggy on my 9650, or they killed the battery in no time.

I don't mind spending $5 on an app that will work, just don't always want to take the chance. So I'll take the extra time to see if I can find one to sideload... which doesn't help developers or BBRY right now, and in the long run probable won't be good for any fans of BB.
    05-20-13 03:39 PM
    The app is question is Sparse RSS. In fact I've had issues with apps in the past but I've at least received responses to emails when contacting the developer. And yes it was only $. 99 but still...

Posted via CB10
    I have Sparse RSS. It's okay, but not really worth the price of admission. I'm not grousing about the $1, but it is a far cry from the BlackBerry reader on my 9900.

I'd suggest getting the Web Splitter app and using the RSS reader built into that app.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 03:54 PM
    Android gives you 15 minutes to try any app. The return process is simply done by clicking a box in the store.

https://support.google.com/googlepla...r/134336?hl=en

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 04:35 PM
    it's because we wouldn't end up buying half of the apps that we do.

and that isn't good for sales.

But in reality I may buy more apps if I can ensure they are of good quality.
    05-20-13 04:40 PM
    With Android, just uninstall in under 15 minutes and your transaction is refunded instantly. Works really well for smaller apps but larger navigation apps need the maps to work which take longer than 15 minutes to complete; can be frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 04:49 PM
    I'm not understanding how instituting a refund system will hurt the store. The old Android method (24hrs?) was great, but it also allowed for a soft form of piracy, so I'm not advocating that; heck, even a 5-minute window would do wonders.

Instituting a limited window AND a good review process (not a fan of deletion by devs) will really grow BBW, IMHO.
    trynacu2 likes this.
    05-20-13 04:59 PM
    Hello,

Regards.
    I agree that would be great then you know what you are getting

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10.
    05-20-13 05:12 PM
    I'm not understanding how instituting a refund system will hurt the store. The old Android method (24hrs?) was great, but it also allowed for a soft form of piracy, so I'm not advocating that; heck, even a 5-minute window would do wonders.

Instituting a limited window AND a good review process (not a fan of deletion by devs) will really grow BBW, IMHO.
    Agreed, actually it would improve the quality of apps because devs would know that only good apps are kept, the poor ones are refunded. If that means less apps but of higher quality, then petfect!

Posted via CB10
    trynacu2 and Pete The Penguin like this.
    05-20-13 05:13 PM
53 123