Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry Z10

Why can't I update Whatsapp on my Z10?

Asked: Mar 07 2016 | 3:47 am EST 3206 Views 2 Answers View Best Answer

Hi everyone,

I searched the forum for an answer but it seems my case is specific:
Two days ago, Whatsapp started prompting me to verify my phone number upon opening the app (can't even get into the app without doing so). After entering my number it states that my current Whatsapp version need to be updated in order to keep functioning.
The problem is when I try to update in Blackberry World it says "Article is already being downloaded" and nothing happens (tried on wifi and data).
Also tried updating via whatsapp.com/ota but no compatible Blackberry Browser is found...
I've read that deleting Whatsapp and reinstalling via Blackberry World might help but I'm afraid of losing all my data (chats, pictures, etc.) as it says "deleting the app will also delete all data". I cannot make a manual backup as I cannot get into the app.

So here are my questions:
1) Can I somehow cancel and restart the Whatsapp update in Blackberry world?
2) When deleting and reinstalling Whatsapp will all my data be lost? Or is everything being restored automatically (from an automatic backup if there is one)?

I am on Blackberry OS 10.1

Any advice how to resolve the issue is highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

Best Answer

Mar 07 2016 | 10:45 am EST dkonigsberg_wa

Yes, please update your OS.
While we strive to maintain compatibility with OS 10.0 and 10.1, far beyond what is reasonable to expect from most other developers, BlackBerry does not always do the same. It is not uncommon to find that things stop working correctly on those older OS versions. Even in our own internal testing, we sometimes have to side-load our app on them because of issues with BlackBerry World.

More Answers

Mar 07 2016 | 5:27 am EST TGIS

Update your os

 Priv... cue the comeback!