Hi all,

I just got a brand new Z10 with software version 10.2.1.3014 and successfully downloaded the Amazon Appstore by going to amazon.com/getappstore from the phone's browser. Prior to downloading the app, I updated my security settings to turn on the option labeled "Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed." I also successfully downloaded Pandora as my first app.

However, when I go to install the app, a screen prompts me to "Enable Apps & Games from Amazon" with a button that says "Go To Your Phone's Security Settings." The 3rd (and final) step on that screen says to "Confirm your selection by tapping OK, and we'll bring you back to complete your app purchase." The issue is that the menu for the security settings does not have an "OK" button so the Amazon app doesn't seem to be recognizing that the setting is enabled.

I have restarted the phone and also did a hard reset by pulling the battery and am still having the same problem.

Thank you in advance!
    05-29-15 02:47 PM
    Try this. Go to settings, then App Manager, then installing apps . Turn on: Allow apps from other sources to be installed.

Sent From The Amazing Powers of The  BlackBerry Z10
    05-30-15 07:30 AM
    Try this. Go to settings, then App Manager, then installing apps . Turn on: Allow apps from other sources to be installed.
    Forgot your spectacles?

OP, why not just bite the bullet now, before configuring your device extensively, and update to 10.3.1. Comes with Amazon Appstore and an improved Android runtime.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-30-15 07:39 AM
    Forgot your spectacles?

OP, why not just bite the bullet now, before configuring your device extensively, and update to 10.3.1. Comes with Amazon Appstore and an improved Android runtime.
    This would be your best bet.

Posted via Z10
    TeamGreenTruth likes this.
    06-01-15 08:26 AM
    Thank you very much baarn! What is the easiest way to do that? Through Blackberry link on my home computer?
    06-02-15 04:26 PM
    What is the easiest way to do that? Through Blackberry link on my home computer?
    If your service provided has flicked the switch to allow the 10.3.1 update, then you can use Link to do the update. If not, then maybe if your phone was bought off-network, or if you remove the SIM you may also have luck with Link.

Otherwise, you can use an Autoloader to do a destructive installation. Check these (hopefully most recent) threads for details:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/
    Thanks to Thurask & Jaydee.

Of course, now you have a bit of a dilemma - 10.3.2 is currently being rolled out by BlackBerry. Maybe you should install it directly and forget about 10.3.1. OTOH, maybe smart to wait and see how stable it is. After you install 10.3.2, there is no going back to prior versions!
    TeamGreenTruth likes this.
    06-03-15 10:27 AM
    Thanks again. I am not very coordinated when it comes to this stuff so I hope I don't screw something up! This has been very helpful, much appreciated.
    06-03-15 11:17 AM