I am new to Blackberry and installing apps. I think I have figured out how to get my apps going. I downloaded the Runkeeper APK and installed it. It says it needs Google Play. So I uninstalled it and got Lucky Patcher and rebuilt it and then reinstalled. Now when I try to run it, it starts and then says, Unfortunately Runkeeper has stopped. All I can do is click OK and it goes away. Is there a way to get it to work? If not I may have to go back to Droid.
    thanks
    Lee
    02-19-15 01:47 PM
    I am new to Blackberry and installing apps. I think I have figured out how to get my apps going. I downloaded the Runkeeper APK and installed it. It says it needs Google Play. So I uninstalled it and got Lucky Patcher and rebuilt it and then reinstalled. Now when I try to run it, it starts and then says, Unfortunately Runkeeper has stopped. All I can do is click OK and it goes away. Is there a way to get it to work? If not I may have to go back to Droid.
    thanks
    Lee
    Not all Android apps can be made to work on the phone. You could check and see if that app is available from the Amazon store?
    02-19-15 04:06 PM
    Using mapping/location services is pretty key to a fitness app. Its not like some apps that use it to push ads thus patching it doesn't impact function.
    02-19-15 04:13 PM
    I tried downloading it from Snap and got the same results so I am trying other options. I have not usesd the Amazon store but I assume it would be much the same, would it?

I thought my phone had mapping service. Is it a different kind than the app wants?

Lee
    02-19-15 08:22 PM
    Try and use the version on Amazon. The Playstore version also has In App Purchases and those don't work in BB10.
    02-19-15 09:00 PM
    On a different note, CascaRun / PRO works fine. Does cost $4.99 Can though. Not sure if that's in your budget, but something to ponder. There are other free apps in App World that might fit the bill. FWIW, I had to drop MapMyRide because of the Google services myself and they are not even interested in the least in developing an app that does NOT use that crap.
    02-19-15 09:15 PM
    Hmm, while I see it i the Amazon store, it appears it is not available for my Z30 with the lastest leak. I even grabbed it on my computer but it is not in MYApps in the Cloud. So there must be something stopping it.
    02-19-15 11:34 PM
    I know this is an older thread, but I was looking for something else and came across this. Runkeeper is my favorite app, so I thought I would reply, in case anyone else checks here.

Once Runkeeper dropped from Amazon App Store, you must use Google Play for the current version of Runkeeper to work . . . which I have found means it won't work on my Blackberry Z10. However, the older version works just fine. I located a version of Runkeeper_3.9.1.apk that works for me, so I keep that file on my Dropbox. If you let the Amazon App Store update, it will make Runkeeper stop working, and you'll have to reinstall the apk. I have used Runkeeper for right at a year now since I got that APK file.

(You can also use Endomondo, which has a Blackberry app, and similar to Runkeeper, but not as good.)
    09-24-15 12:14 PM
    Has anyone tried to patch the apk with the "map patching" that only is available on your desktop?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 12:20 AM