Why don't they sell more phones? Well a big reason is because it's almost impossible to buy one! My Z10, 12 month contract with EE expired 5 weeks ago. I would like a Z30, but EE don't sell them. Not online, not in the stores, not over the phone. Why is this? Why does what is probably the biggest network in the UK not sell the flagship BlackBerry device? Because they think they won't sell enough of them? I was in the EE store, they have plenty of random crappy phones for sale that I've never heard of. Can they honestly tell me anyone has ever walked into their store and asked for an Alcatel One Touch Idol S?!

The only BlackBerry that EE now sell is the crappy, hideous looking, cheap feeling Q5. So your average consumer walks into EE to upgrade their 2 year old curve that is falling apart, walk up and see the Q5 on display. That's the only BlackBerry offering, and they think to themselves, Hm, i guess BlackBerry is dead, they only have one phone and it's as crap as my curve. So the salesperson pushes them to a galaxy or iPhone.

I asked EE rep why they don't sell the z30. "Well we don't sell many BlackBerry phones anymore, people don't want them, so i guess we just stopped ordering them". They don't sell many BlackBerry phones anymore because they don't have any on damn display!

Phone shops have ample room to display more phones. BlackBerry could have a stand with the q10, 5, z30 and 10, all lined up and working, and i guarantee they would sell. Also the price has to be right.

This is their other problem. They got the price wrong from the start. Z10 was too expensive, its priced right now. The q10 is not a more premium version of the z10, they are essentially the same phone. So why is the q10 still priced so high? They were way wrong with the pricing for the q5. It's a crap phone, should have cost the same as a curve from day 1, but it didn't, they sold it for just a little less than the q10, which was ridiculous. The z30, if you can find it, still costs too much. So many teens over here have used BlackBerry curves for years. They were priced right, in the �80-140 range for payg. The curve replacement, the q5 was closer to �300. Mr 16 year old who's lost half the buttons off his 2 year old curve that he paid �90 for walks into a store to get a replacement. But the logical replacement, the q5 is �249. Can't do it. So then what happens, either his parents can afford to put him on a contract and he gets an iPhone, or he pays �100 to get another curve, which is essentially the same as the one he bought 2 years ago, and now woefully out of date.

So now half his class at school have iphones, and gloat over the half that doesn't, the ones still using curves. "Haha I used to have one of those, so crap, look what I can do with my iphone". And so those who still have curves gradually migrate to iphones or androids.

If you walk into phones4u today, the only BlackBerry you can buy is an old curve. At EE the only BlackBerry you can buy is a q5.

Probably at least a third of phone sales in the country are in those two chains.

BlackBerry have the right product now (well, with an easier way of getting android apps they will). What they're woefully lacking is the correct pricing, marketing and supply.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 09:47 AM
    I do my best
    PGpgp |pawelgorny.com|
    But the best is the feedback from the users who bought the app - they are really helpful in finding/solving bugs and I really appreciate the fact they want to help - it is not like "hey, it is piece of crap" but "houston, we have problem, let's solve it together".
    Community is really great.
    Looks interesting. But I want Native OS Support - had a bad experience with stolen and misused Keys. Can I use my GnuPG Keys with this? My GnuPG Keys were created with the "GPG4Win" Tools. If yes, I will keep this on my Watch list

Posted via CB10 App / [email protected]
    03-07-14 10:55 AM
    I just happened to latch on to the BB10 experience just by chance always was a legacy BlackBerry user but wanted more, I guess you can say I was getting bored of the same old same old,and with me always tagging KiJiJi ads in the phone section just happened to see this ad new blackberry Z10 for sale. hummmm wondered to myself what is this Z10 thing looks like an iPhone and again no advertising what so ever. Anyway I decided to purchase this Z10 a year ago just out of curiosity. Guess what I haven't looked back! And now a proud owner of 4 BlackBerry 10 devices and still want more.

My amazing BB Z10 - OS 2141 also on my Z30 backed up with my 32g PlayBook in the wings
    03-07-14 11:02 AM
    They need to get carriers on board. I like the idea of pulling out of the consumer market for a few years to build their enterprise division so they can get a solid revenue stream before going at the consumer market again. I almost feel like for the foreseeable future the US may be a lost cause because they just do not have the money to do an all out advertising blitz like samsung does every year. Heck Samsungs advertising budget is around 3 times the total net worth of BlackBerry. They need to make more of a push in developing countries where smartphones are just now catching on.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 11:06 AM
    Why don't they sell more phones? Well a big reason is because it's almost impossible to buy one! My Z10, 12 month contract with EE expired 5 weeks ago. I would like a Z30, but EE don't sell them. Not online, not in the stores, not over the phone. Why is this? Why does what is probably the biggest network in the UK not sell the flagship BlackBerry device? Because they think they won't sell enough of them? I was in the EE store, they have plenty of random crappy phones for sale that I've never heard of. Can they honestly tell me anyone has ever walked into their store and asked for an Alcatel One Touch Idol S?!

The only BlackBerry that EE now sell is the crappy, hideous looking, cheap feeling Q5. So your average consumer walks into EE to upgrade their 2 year old curve that is falling apart, walk up and see the Q5 on display. That's the only BlackBerry offering, and they think to themselves, Hm, i guess BlackBerry is dead, they only have one phone and it's as crap as my curve. So the salesperson pushes them to a galaxy or iPhone.

I asked EE rep why they don't sell the z30. "Well we don't sell many BlackBerry phones anymore, people don't want them, so i guess we just stopped ordering them". They don't sell many BlackBerry phones anymore because they don't have any on damn display!

Phone shops have ample room to display more phones. BlackBerry could have a stand with the q10, 5, z30 and 10, all lined up and working, and i guarantee they would sell. Also the price has to be right.

This is their other problem. They got the price wrong from the start. Z10 was too expensive, its priced right now. The q10 is not a more premium version of the z10, they are essentially the same phone. So why is the q10 still priced so high? They were way wrong with the pricing for the q5. It's a crap phone, should have cost the same as a curve from day 1, but it didn't, they sold it for just a little less than the q10, which was ridiculous. The z30, if you can find it, still costs too much. So many teens over here have used BlackBerry curves for years. They were priced right, in the �80-140 range for payg. The curve replacement, the q5 was closer to �300. Mr 16 year old who's lost half the buttons off his 2 year old curve that he paid �90 for walks into a store to get a replacement. But the logical replacement, the q5 is �249. Can't do it. So then what happens, either his parents can afford to put him on a contract and he gets an iPhone, or he pays �100 to get another curve, which is essentially the same as the one he bought 2 years ago, and now woefully out of date.

So now half his class at school have iphones, and gloat over the half that doesn't, the ones still using curves. "Haha I used to have one of those, so crap, look what I can do with my iphone". And so those who still have curves gradually migrate to iphones or androids.

If you walk into phones4u today, the only BlackBerry you can buy is an old curve. At EE the only BlackBerry you can buy is a q5.

Probably at least a third of phone sales in the country are in those two chains.

BlackBerry have the right product now (well, with an easier way of getting android apps they will). What they're woefully lacking is the correct pricing, marketing and supply.

Posted via CB10
    Very well put.
    The problem is the Chen strategy is to consider the whole western market as the failed USA.
    So he's given up on the UK, Germany, France and Spain which could have been good markets for bb10 with some marketing.
    Maybe if he'd relocated from California to Waterloo he might have more of a global perspective ;-)
    03-07-14 11:14 AM
    what they should is sell phones thru their site for cheap unlocked and be pentaband screw using the middle man that doesnt care about them
    They do sell phones from their site. Unlocked Z10's for $299.99, Q10's $499.99

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    03-07-14 11:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Carphone wharehouse , should be able to get a z30 on any network in about a day
    03-07-14 11:26 AM
    Looks interesting. But I want Native OS Support - had a bad experience with stolen and misused Keys. Can I use my GnuPG Keys with this? My GnuPG Keys were created with the "GPG4Win" Tools. If yes, I will keep this on my Watch list
    Yes, you should be able to import your existing keys.
    03-07-14 12:22 PM
    I think it's the "being in peoples mouth" phenomenon. People don't realise that there is still a company called BlackBerry because they don't hear from BlackBerry.

Means: Making Marketing is even more important than making good products. Best example: Apple.... The iPhone 4S, a ridiculous phone, no improvement to the iPhone 4. Never mind the iPhone 5. worst phone ever built in some opinions, nothing improved exept they made it LONGER. Wooooow. Now the iPhone 5S: their biggest selling point has been the finger print sensor, which the people hacked before the phone was being sold.
    But what happened with these phones? Every time they sold more and more phones. Thanks to their marketing stagety, and it works. (If you don't have an iPhone......)

BlackBerry shouldn't do the same. For me its the last "honest" phonne producing company. But next to producing amazing phones such as the BB10 phones they should think about bringing the phones to the people.
    Beginning with:
    Having their phones in the stores and SHOW THEM.
    For example and to be honest: I wouldn't have realised that BB10 is so amazing when i wouldn't have looked everythink up by myself and looked for a store who actually has Blackberry (in the city i live in i found ONE single store).

They just need to show and bring the attitude that they are proud to be BlackBerry. Now it's like: hmm, theres a phone, if you buy it its alright, if not its better for you!

BlackBerry has a lot of benefits compared to any other phones and they need to show them. They need to show it to the people that they are there and that BlackBerry is what a phone should be.
    iPhones are only what Apple tells us a phone should be. Well, sometimes I feel stupid asking the people to repeat what they said over and over again because I couldn't understand them. That's not a phone, it's an iPod with a weak phone-option.

I hope everythink makes sense what I wrote.
    I agree, however BlackBerry simply doesn't have boatloads of marketing dollars to match Apple and Samsung. That is why when they do advertise, make it count!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    03-07-14 05:25 PM
    Because people

1: Don't know BlackBerry 10 exists

2: Nothing else

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-07-14 09:52 PM
    Because people

1: Don't know BlackBerry 10 exists

2: Nothing else

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    Why do you think people don't know?
    03-07-14 10:04 PM
    They are not selling phones because a) the media tells everyone that they are crappy phones and b) the cell phone stores tells everyone that Blackberry is either gone out of business or going out of business soon. LOL
    03-07-14 10:10 PM
    I went to the Koodo store last week to take advantage of the cheap Q5's and the guy was shocked I asked for a Blackberry by name.
    03-07-14 10:11 PM
    When I bought my Z30 the guy at the Telus store was like "are you sure you want a Blackberry cause there are better phones out there you know" and proceeded to try and sell me a S4 or the Nexus 5. When I told him I already have a Nexus 5 and a S3 he goes then why do you want to buy a Blackberry?
    03-07-14 10:17 PM
    They do sell phones from their site. Unlocked Z10's for $299.99, Q10's $499.99

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    Not in Canada, we have to buy from a carrier, who carrys few if any Blackberry's and trys to sell you a different brand.
    03-07-14 10:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    You found an Alcatel One Touch Idol S! Which store was it? And please tell me it was pink.

Done this on my Z10
    03-07-14 11:01 PM
    Ive never seen a Blackberry commercial on tv here in the US.
    03-08-14 12:05 AM
    One reason they have trouble is from lack of leadership. Since 2008 leadership failure has been the one and only reason for this failure. For some reason that year the founder of RIM made decisions to set back and let the market dictate what was popular and needed. By allowing Apple and other companies to get in the market and not responding correctly to this threat RIM lost everything. THOR provided to be as bad a leader as I would have been. He killed the PlayBook and made announcements about BB10 and then was unable to deliver it in any kind of real time frame. If I am wrong then the blame is with the hard working people at RIM/BlackBerry who are the driving force behind these products and I just can't justify that as having any truth whatsoever.
    Someone out there who got a business degree from an online school may disagree and that's just fine. You keep telling yourself its good business to go from 1st to last in all developed countries and that being #1 in Pakistan is better than #1 in the United States, UK, and Canada.
    03-08-14 05:21 AM
    Yet, in the US the market share is near 0! Some of the best phones on the planet, and nobody wants it!
    It's an old saw, but it would help to get some real carrier support.

My daughter just bought a new Z10 through the T-Mobile promotion, trading in her 9720. The buying experience was poor, as the staff tried hard to persuade her to go Android, after telling her that BlackBerry wasn't available through T-Mobile. She insisted and they finally worked out the kinks and ordered her a new Z10.

Fast forward to yesterday. She received two text messages from T-Mobile. One said, "Thanks for your purchase. Here's some cool services that T-Mobile offers for smartphone users." The second message said, "Sorry to inform you that shipment of your new Z10 has been delayed because it is out of stock and has been back ordered."

No time frame or expectation of when she might receive it - days, weeks, or months. She's frustrated and just wants her new phone.

How many other potential BlackBerry customers experience this and just opt for Android or iOS?

BlackBerry needs to create demand, but without carriers that are willing and able to meet current demand, it seems almost pointless.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 05:56 AM
    This company has or had the worst marketing team on the planet thats why. I go to most carrier stores and the response when you ask them about BB is luke warm at best and in some cases cool....not in a good way. They either don't know anything about the phones or try and convince you that you should buy something else. I don't blame the carrier so much for that as I blame BB who CLEARLY have spent little or no time training the store staff or the carrier. Did anyone see the 2013 Superbowl commercial? It was a big piece of cow turd and how any executive could have okayed it is beyond comprehension. Then you look on YouTube at the mock SB ad that Pixelcarve put together for virtually no money and it kicked ***.....it even showed what the phone could do imagine that Lol. ALL BB senior executives should have lost their jobs because clearly their execs have very low IQ's which is a shame because they have some really fantastic engineers. Anyway that was the past I suppose we shall see if Mr. Chen gets a better quality group of people in marketing and promotion. If not then bye bye BB unfortunately I fear!
    03-08-14 06:46 AM
    Ive told some of my classmates to consider a Z10, they said "whats that" I told them the new BlackBerry 10 phones. They rwsponded " I hates the trackball"

-_-

People dont even know BlackBerry 10 phones exist. I wouldnt either if it wasnt for Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    03-08-14 07:17 AM
    Why do you think people don't know?

Because the company just lost $4 Billion, ousted most of the management and board, fired 60% of its workforce, is in the process of selling all their corporate real estate, and they are POOR.

Unsurprisingly, the current management believes that they will get a better ROI at this point in time and with their limited resources in the enterprise device management field, and propping up a few still hopeful markets where marketing costs are reasonable, while they hunker down, try to stop the bleeding, and find ways to start building their revenue again.

To those of you who have been incessant critics of the company over the last year or so, it shouldn't be the tiniest surprise for all of you - many of which have been watching the company for years - that their marketshare is very low, and their resources are extremely limited. Because, you know, you've been reminding us all here of that incessantly, as if that is your personal mission.

Under the circumstances, anyone with two brain-cells to rub together can figure out that they're not going to make much of an impact on the market right now, especially in developed, saturated markets like the USA where it would take hundreds of millions of dollars to even get people to start thinking about your brand and product.

They are doing all they can do. Trying to make a ridiculously expensive marketing push in a ridiculously competitive region, in a product market (smartphones) where MOST vendors except the top 2 are struggling to make a dime and stay afloat, is a fools errand at this point in time.
    03-08-14 08:53 AM
    What is the plan for John Chen and the marketing team? Also when will we see this marketing push? What would you do to get BlackBerry's reputation back to respectability?

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    I've been saying this since that freakin lame Super Bowl ad I saw last year. That was, hands down, the biggest waste of marketing cash EVER!

It's simple: Give a Z30 to a 20y/o'ish girl dressed in business attire. Show her sitting in a caf� (on lunch, or something) looking at her phone "communicating" via phone mode. Then show the camera moving in over her shoulder.... she swipes up to open the thing & starts ripping through the Z30. Hub, seeing what's there....Twitter, FB, Txt, email...answering everything from the hub...jumping on the browser, toss it in active frame, jump to FB...throw it in active frame....jump to something else....typing/thumb swipe messages.....answer a business email....look at a pdf doc received in a business email....etc.. 30 seconds of this as many times, and as many networks as BBRY can afford.
    A BB is still known as a "stuffy business persons" phone. Let some 20 something girl loose on the thing to show everyone this isn't your daddies BB anymore.
    Low cost commercial....but effective. One actor...blazing through a Z30 during a lunch break in social power mode.
    03-08-14 09:17 AM
    I don't think it's just a marketing problem, but more generally an image and a market problem. BlackBerry seems to have suffered immensely from bad press coverage. So much that many people are either unaware that the company actually still exists and produces good phones, or are falling for the belief that choosing anything else than iOS or Android is considered a bad choice. I've seen it at several shops now, most vendors will not even mention BlackBerry anymore, or when specifically asked for it, will direct the conversation towards iOS or Android. There is a bigger obstacle in this market and it begins with Apple and ends with Google.
    03-08-14 10:32 AM
    I don't think it's just a marketing problem, but more generally an image and a market problem. BlackBerry seems to have suffered immensely from bad press coverage. So much that many people are either unaware that the company actually still exists and produces good phones, or are falling for the belief that choosing anything else than iOS or Android is considered a bad choice. I've seen it at several shops now, most vendors will not even mention BlackBerry anymore, or when specifically asked for it, will direct the conversation towards iOS or Android. There is a bigger obstacle in this market and it begins with Apple and ends with Google.
    First, I think the main challenge is to come to market with a competitive overall product.

The product works for some people as the main device, but when looking at it dispassionately, it's clear to see why the brand struggles to get traction.

The positive is that BBRY seems to understand this, and is adjusting to this reality. IMHO, of course.
    richardat likes this.
    03-08-14 11:06 AM
133 1234 ...