As a long time BlackBerry user, I have had my up's and down's with BB. From 2010-2013 I felt like my phone just wasn't one of the best on the market, and I knew it. Small screen size, poor app selection etc..
    Fast forward to 2013 and BlackBerry 10 is absolutely awesome! Reading through post after post I see that most of us absolutely LOVE our BB10 devices. I have had mine for a year and continue to love it! Even Iphone5s and Samsung S4 users who have made the switch are loving BlackBerry!
    One year later, most people are still calling BlackBerry a failure, and for good reason, no sales!
    The frustration for me is hearing Iphone users who think they have a way better device because the media has told them so. "BlackBerry sucks" "I have a real phone" etc etc...
    I get to the point where I just want to say, my BlackBerry will blow your phone away! Fastest mobile browser on the market, by a mile! Best touchscreen keyboard going, most secure phone available, the list goes on and on...
    Yet, in the US the market share is near 0! Some of the best phones on the planet, and nobody wants it!

Obviously there has to be a strong marketing plan going forward to stop this madness! But what's the best way to do it?! A regular commercial showing a few features ? A commercial geared towards business phones? Show off the superior security that BlackBerry offers?
    Talk to people who have switched and how happy they are?

BlackBerry's perception is obviously poor, so my question is, how do you change that?
    What is the plan for John Chen and the marketing team? Also when will we see this marketing push?
    What would you do to get BlackBerry's reputation back to respectability?

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    03-06-14 09:50 PM
    what they should is sell phones thru their site for cheap unlocked and be pentaband screw using the middle man that doesnt care about them
    acovey, deptech, Clanked and 2 others like this.
    03-06-14 09:56 PM
    As a long time BlackBerry user, I have had my up's and down's with BB. From 2010-2013 I felt like my phone just wasn't one of the best on the market, and I knew it. Small screen size, poor app selection etc..
    Fast forward to 2013 and BlackBerry 10 is absolutely awesome! Reading through post after post I see that most of us absolutely LOVE our BB10 devices. I have had mine for a year and continue to love it! Even Iphone5s and Samsung S4 users who have made the switch are loving BlackBerry!
    One year later, most people are still calling BlackBerry a failure, and for good reason, no sales!
    The frustration for me is hearing Iphone users who think they have a way better device because the media has told them so. "BlackBerry sucks" "I have a real phone" etc etc...
    I get to the point where I just want to say, my BlackBerry will blow your phone away! Fastest mobile browser on the market, by a mile! Best touchscreen keyboard going, most secure phone available, the list goes on and on...
    Yet, in the US the market share is near 0! Some of the best phones on the planet, and nobody wants it!

Obviously there has to be a strong marketing plan going forward to stop this madness! But what's the best way to do it?! A regular commercial showing a few features ? A commercial geared towards business phones? Show off the superior security that BlackBerry offers?
    Talk to people who have switched and how happy they are?

BlackBerry's perception is obviously poor, so my question is, how do you change that?
    What is the plan for John Chen and the marketing team? Also when will we see this marketing push?
    What would you do to get BlackBerry's reputation back to respectability?

Reviewers do not like it. They are not amazed by it. Reviewers liked HTC one - their sales improved from the Hero series
    03-06-14 10:01 PM
    They have to fight on those common criteria set as standards when someone (a non branded consumer) is buying a phone i.e. specs, apps (common & very useful), competitive price, after-sale / customer support, OS performance / stability and (of course) a marketing strategy that will tell all these things...

They have to adopt the "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" fight if they still want them to be relevant...

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 10:12 PM
    They started off on the wrong foot. and dont seem to have recovered yet (or not realized that).
    Sure, their initial leaks were interesting, but biggest complain about the playbook and bb10/z10 was lack of apps.
    Solid OS, with some bugs and almost no apps. Now the situation at least for BB10 has changed. The playbook is probably a lost cause.
    I see almost all apps that i need available in the store.
    If not i can try the droid apps, i dont like it, but better than nothing.
    Every other week/month there is a discount/free apps galore (recently EA apps).

After a recent discount sale, almost all Z10s were reported sold out here in Indian shops.
    I never see a Z30 being used, not even being resold. So the initial stigma has probably kept people away.

After recent 10.2.1 leaks, I find my z10 is more useful, than a distraction prone, often unstable droid(nexus 4).
    Its going to be Z10 from now on, unless the other fruit phone surprises me

I think there should be re-review and a what is the current status of BB10 type review.
    It seems to me, BB doesn't seem very keen on marketing.
    03-06-14 10:31 PM
    Oh the List of Reasons is very long: Some of them are:

Because these "Secure" Devices are not even able to let us Block Marketing A*holes and Stalker from calling us.

And after a Year there is still no way to open PGP/GPG and S/Mime encrypted eMails on the Device itself. But that idiotic thing is: S/Mime Support is there Since OS 10.0 - but they decided to keep that thing only for the BES User.

I have to handle lots of encrypted eMails every single Day - but I must wait till I am home to be able to access them. If Android and iCensorYou Devices were not so ****ty with all those Malware And Trojans I never had buyed a BlackBerry Device. And as it currently states: Who ever is asking me, I tell them to buy a Android Devices.

Thorsten Heins broke just too much promises and John Chen is still on the same course.

And they wonder why their selling rates are that horrible...

Posted via CB10 App / [email protected]
    Blomsternisse likes this.
    03-06-14 10:37 PM
    I agree, BlackBerry has not been disappointing for me.
    I've had my Z10 a year now and over all, it has been great.
    But I fear BlackBerry got into the game much too late and no one cares.
    Given the option, people will not use it.
    That's all.
    We are a small % who know how good it is.
    I have a work iPhone 5s which I consider as a toy
    My Z10 kicks *** compared to it.
    I fear though that if Apple comes out with a 5 inch screen iPhone, it will kill BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 10:40 PM
    I still love my Q10! My eldest got Q10 White and my 2nd kid got Z10! My youngest? He want android because the old bb9900 don't have "pou". LOL! Anyways, he's just 5. So, more years to come. They switched phones!

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    03-06-14 10:51 PM
    Advertising! Why should we expect people to buy them when they don't know what they are or even see them in stores?
    BlackBerry has many Achilles Heels and one is advertising. I hope in the near future Mr Chen throws everything towards an aggressive advertising campaign. We need radio/television ads, billboards, print/web ads, and displays in flagship carrier stores. We also need knowledgeable reps in stores (I spoke with a BlackBerry rep who didn't even know the phone could support Android apps).
    Basically... people want to buy a phone because it's "cool" and BlackBerry will never be successful in the consumer market again if it's absent or hiding in the back corner in stores next to your grandma's flip phone.
    Hopefully BlackBerry can advertise to hell and actually price their phones correctly. No one will take a chance on a $199 on contract BlackBerry but $99 or less may be a bit easier for them to stomach.
    Revampd likes this.
    03-06-14 10:53 PM

Because these "Secure" Devices are not even able to let us Block Marketing A*holes and Stalker from calling us.

And after a Year there is still no way to open PGP/GPG and S/Mime encrypted eMails on the Device itself. But that idiotic thing is: S/Mime Support is there Since OS 10.0 - but they decided to keep that thing only for the BES User.

I was also disappointed with the fact they advertised Balance as if everyone would get it. I'm not BES however I would and I'm sure many people including small business owners would love to be able to access these corporate security features. If they want to be the best in security I mean why not let this be available for all bb10 phones?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 11:18 PM
    Fjla qs

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    03-06-14 11:26 PM
    Oh the .

Thorsten Heins broke just too much promises and John Chen is still on the same course.

What promises is John Chen breaking thus far?

03-07-14 12:13 AM
    Maybe marketing will start with a new device. Who knows.
    03-07-14 01:01 AM
    Because people doesn't see the "useful" side of a good, they see the "shiny", "feel rich", bandwagon sides.

People's minds are more corrupted than our politicians.
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-07-14 01:10 AM
    Because people doesn't see the "useful" side of a good, they see the "shiny", "feel rich", bandwagon sides.

People's minds are more corrupted than our politicians.
    I disagree.

In simple terms, BBRY doesn't currently make devices that are good enough to draw enough people in to keep it (BBRY) profitable.

There are several reasons for this, but I don't think it's because people love to bandwagon.
    03-07-14 01:19 AM
    I disagree.

In simple terms, BBRY doesn't currently make devices that are good enough to draw enough people in to keep it (BBRY) profitable.

There are several reasons for this, but I don't think it's because people love to bandwagon.
    This wasn't my point. It was:
    Then why people keep sucking Apple's private part while there are more useful, efficient smartphones in the market? Everything is about hype and looking. Everyone I know who owns an IPhone told me that they bought an iPhone because everyone else has one.

It proves my statement : people's minds are corrupted because they can stand out and make their own choices. They have to follow the trend to not feel neglected. Short-minded people.
    Bor Navas and Omnitech like this.
    03-07-14 01:25 AM
    Then why people keep sucking Apple's private part while there are more useful, efficient smartphones in the market? Everything is about hype and looking. Everyone I know who owns an IPhone told me that they bought an iPhone because everyone else has one and it's "cool".

It proves my statement : people's minds are corrupted because they can stand out and make their own choices. They have to follow the trend to not feel neglected. Short-minded people.
    03-07-14 01:28 AM
    Then why people keep sucking Apple's private part while there are more useful, efficient smartphones in the market? Everything is about hype and looking. Everyone I know who owns an IPhone told me that they bought an iPhone because everyone else has one.

Fairly crass representation, LOL, but it's simple. BBRY can't even get legacy users to switch to BB10. That's the biggest challenge.

What do you think about these people? BB users who don't think BBRY's current product is good enough?
    03-07-14 01:43 AM
    yes! i can feel u! !!! deep blackberry lover!
    03-07-14 02:50 AM
    And after a Year there is still no way to open PGP/GPG encrypted eMails on the Device itself.
    I do my best
    PGpgp |pawelgorny.com|
    But the best is the feedback from the users who bought the app - they are really helpful in finding/solving bugs and I really appreciate the fact they want to help - it is not like "hey, it is piece of crap" but "houston, we have problem, let's solve it together".
    Community is really great.
    03-07-14 07:30 AM

I have to handle lots of encrypted eMails every single Day - but I must wait till I am home to be able to access them. If Android and iCensorYou Devices were not so ****ty with all those Malware And Trojans I never had buyed a BlackBerry Device. And as it currently states: Who ever is asking me, I tell them to buy a Android Devices.

Blackberry had no problems selling devices a few years ago (based on your reasons). I'm willing to bet that there are other reasons.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    03-07-14 07:32 AM
    I disagree.

Pretty much...

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    03-07-14 07:34 AM
    They are not selling many phones because they've given up on the current product range.

They've decided not to spend a cent on marketing the z10/q10 or z30.

In the West they will focus on enterprise (q20). At some point they claim they will launch another consumer device and market it.

The consequence of this is that in the medium term market share will continue to plummet.

Chens plan is to try and make some money in enterprise and have another try in the consumer market later on with a new product.

Time will tell if this was the best strategy.
    03-07-14 07:47 AM
    Why can't BlackBerry sell some damn phones!?
    Hmmm. To answer the thread title question...
    Odd, because BlackBerry has sold me an extreme amount of devices over many years.
    I have loved them all. That's why I purchased them and continue to do so!
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-07-14 07:54 AM
    I think it's the "being in peoples mouth" phenomenon. People don't realise that there is still a company called BlackBerry because they don't hear from BlackBerry.

Means: Making Marketing is even more important than making good products. Best example: Apple.... The iPhone 4S, a ridiculous phone, no improvement to the iPhone 4. Never mind the iPhone 5. worst phone ever built in some opinions, nothing improved exept they made it LONGER. Wooooow. Now the iPhone 5S: their biggest selling point has been the finger print sensor, which the people hacked before the phone was being sold.
    But what happened with these phones? Every time they sold more and more phones. Thanks to their marketing stagety, and it works. (If you don't have an iPhone......)

BlackBerry shouldn't do the same. For me its the last "honest" phonne producing company. But next to producing amazing phones such as the BB10 phones they should think about bringing the phones to the people.
    Beginning with:
    Having their phones in the stores and SHOW THEM.
    For example and to be honest: I wouldn't have realised that BB10 is so amazing when i wouldn't have looked everythink up by myself and looked for a store who actually has Blackberry (in the city i live in i found ONE single store).

They just need to show and bring the attitude that they are proud to be BlackBerry. Now it's like: hmm, theres a phone, if you buy it its alright, if not its better for you!

BlackBerry has a lot of benefits compared to any other phones and they need to show them. They need to show it to the people that they are there and that BlackBerry is what a phone should be.
    iPhones are only what Apple tells us a phone should be. Well, sometimes I feel stupid asking the people to repeat what they said over and over again because I couldn't understand them. That's not a phone, it's an iPod with a weak phone-option.

I hope everythink makes sense what I wrote.
    Josh_Gooner likes this.
    03-07-14 09:00 AM
133 123 ...