As a hard core BlackBerry fan I always support BlackBerry although we can't get official BlackBerry phones ,most of BlackBerry users like me get their phone from local dealers who sell foreign models,, this kind situation last for years, what I just can't understand is why BlackBerry don't work harder at this super big market (android and iOS can be found everywhere) . They spend time and money on other Asian market like Indonesia or Philippines, don't they know that China have become top market for consumer electronics stuff now?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 09:14 PM
    Actually the Blackberry do know that China is become big smartphone market, but, as far as I understanding, the concept that Blackberry and China CCP are two very different way. I don't think China CCP would like big national own enterprise put their business information on Blackberry server, which is out China CCP's control. I assume this is the big reason why Blackberry spend so many year and hard work in China, but get very little outcome.

I love blackberry as well, and sorry for their PR in China.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 09:22 PM
    Maybe that's one of the reasons...but most of people use cell phone just as a regular mobile device, there is no big difference between blackberry and iOS, anyway it's really disappointed. oh Btw I forgot one thing, most likely Chinese don't know blackberry, to Chinese people, BlackBerry is a brand for minor group people

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 12:49 AM
    Also, the way blackberry servers work the Chinese government would not be able to see into the servers unless they got a setup like the Indian government. Though I doubt blackberry would allow that.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 02:11 AM
    Why would BBRY be interested in China? It's only one of the fastest developing markets in the world. Their too busy developing obsolete OS7 devices for emerging markets that are going to be superseded by cheaper, more advanced android devices. That would be too intelligent of a business venture for BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 02:12 AM
    BlackBerry is in China, at least Hong Kong where I just came back from.
    Why BlackBerry still hasn't thought getting into China market ?-img_00001237.jpg

Posted via CB10
    IgotsThis likes this.
    07-07-13 02:46 AM
    yes blackberry jam asia at hong Kong

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 02:56 AM
    I thought BB10 no longer routes everything through Blackberry's servers

It's just like having an email client on your phone.. I'm not sure about BBM though..

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-07-13 04:07 AM
    Funny topic to start .. but, ok.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    07-07-13 04:22 AM
    I guess BlackBerry is not pushing its way into China because it's hard to position itself on the market.

On the one hand, it has not such a powerful brand as Apple, so cannot establih itself as a status symbol. On the other hand, it cannot compete on price with the plethora of cheap Android devices Chinese firms are flooding the market with.

On top of that, even if a way to succeed on the market could be found, Chinese government would not let a company offering secure communications to spread - they need to control everything.

In my opinion, these are insurmontable obstacles at this moment.

--------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    Yu Scott likes this.
    07-07-13 04:52 AM
    Blackberry's not able to penetrate China's big market because China wants OS like android and iOS that are easily hacked
    . LOL! BlackBerry is the most secured so far, that I think is one of the reasons why

www.InTheEyesOfBlackBerry.com l www.ETC.SoundsFunny.ws
    07-07-13 05:45 AM
    Chinese ppl love their bling... the way Samsung can give them.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 06:20 AM
    The Chinese cell phone market is so fragmented as there are a lot of small manufacturers that sell cheap devices (They're beginning to sell them overseas in places like Egypt.). Samsung has about 16% of the market in China, Apple has about 5% and pretty much the rest are all Chinese companies like Lenovo, Coolpad, Huawei and ZTE as well as numerous small manufacturers. It would be an extremely tough market for BlackBerry to break into and while BlackBerry devices are sold in Hong Kong and Macau, they are special administrative regions that are not part of mainland China and are essentially separate markets from China that have a degree of autonomy from the PRC (Which handles foreign affairs and defense matters for them.).
    07-07-13 07:13 AM
    The Chinese cell phone market is so fragmented as there are a lot of small manufacturers that sell cheap devices (They're beginning to sell them overseas in places like Egypt.). Samsung has about 16% of the market in China, Apple has about 5% and pretty much the rest are all Chinese companies like Lenovo, Coolpad, Huawei and ZTE as well as numerous small manufacturers. It would be an extremely tough market for BlackBerry to break into and while BlackBerry devices are sold in Hong Kong and Macau, they are special administrative regions that are not part of mainland China and are essentially separate markets from China that have a degree of autonomy from the PRC (Which handles foreign affairs and defense matters for them.).
    yeah true. China is a MASSIVE market for everything. even the largest mobile carrier is from China (China Mobile CC, with more than 800 million customers mainlandwide).

however what makes China a big country is their people's pride in consuming their own products. they don't really bother about features etc no wonder chinese phones are generally dodgey but they are freakin cheap with tons of features that are somehow, overkilled (TV etc) but the build and finish are still questionable.

no wonder why BBRY hasn't done much in China. it is mainly due to the layered achitecture and the undoubted security which hinder the interest of the Chinese govt. even their govt are using their home made phones rather than samsungs or iphones though...

but perhaps there will be an opportunity for BB10 to enter the mainland, but don't hope top high on that.

what BBRY needs to do now is to strengthen its existence in countries they are well known.
    07-07-13 05:19 PM
    Why would BBRY be interested in China? It's only one of the fastest developing markets in the world. Their too busy developing obsolete OS7 devices for emerging markets that are going to be superseded by cheaper, more advanced android devices. That would be too intelligent of a business venture for BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    You know nothing about China market, not even a little,

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 07:27 PM
    BlackBerry is in China, at least Hong Kong where I just came back from.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001237.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	179759

Posted via CB10
    As a matter of fact, it's in HK, and
    Most of the phones Chinese use are from HK, but it's not official Chinese, I have to admit HK is not part of China from certain angle of view

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 07:30 PM
    I guess BlackBerry is not pushing its way into China because it's hard to position itself on the market.

On the one hand, it has not such a powerful brand as Apple, so cannot establih itself as a status symbol. On the other hand, it cannot compete on price with the plethora of cheap Android devices Chinese firms are flooding the market with.

On top of that, even if a way to succeed on the market could be found, Chinese government would not let a company offering secure communications to spread - they need to control everything.

In my opinion, these are insurmontable obstacles at this moment.

--------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    Reasonable opinion

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 07:31 PM