Random person : what do you have a BlackBerry they suck.
    Me: they are pretty cool
    Random person: no they suck
    Me: have you ever used one?
    Random person: no..
    Me:
    Me:.....

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:44 PM
    Happens to me on the regular.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:44 PM
    Happens to me on the regular.

Posted via CB10
    I have the conversation every day, though the 3people who used it now want a BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps and late006 like this.
    04-10-14 05:46 PM
    It's popular to think and say that BB sucks. People want to fit in.
    04-10-14 05:48 PM
    It's popular to think and say that BB sucks. People want to fit in.
    What killed their reputation? All of the the sudden it's like oh you have a BlackBerry you suck

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:50 PM
    Happens all the time.

When you ask why, it's like they have never even considered the question before...saying they suck is just something to say.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    Loc22 likes this.
    04-10-14 05:50 PM
    Happens all the time.

When you ask why, it's like they have never even considered the question before...saying they suck is just something to say.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    True I've herd the sucked from people who were fan boys of hmm wp and I used to say the same stuff without any knolage of BlackBerry. Looked them up one day and here I am with a z10 and a playbook

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:58 PM
    What killed their reputation? All of the the sudden it's like oh you have a BlackBerry you suck

Posted via CB10
    A lot of things killed their reputation. I think the iPhone, and subsequently Android were a part of it. Suddenly, it was cool to have an all-touch device and physical keyboards were so yesterday. BlackBerry (RIM back then) also shares some of the blame. They made a lot of blunders, thinking they could rely on their past success. They floundered. And their marketing went completely in the toilet.

Whatever the reasons, it has become fashionable and desirable to own an iPhone or high-end Android device. BlackBerry just isn't in most people's minds today. And if it is, it's thought of as an ancient device that nobody uses anymore.

That's the sad reality we face, those of us who have actually taken the time to do some research and have found out that BlackBerry is still around and making some fantastic devices. We have an uphill battle ahead of us.
    04-10-14 08:02 PM
    Hardware keyboard phones died out for the most part a few years ago. BlackBerry died with them in the eyes of the public.

Remember the Samsung Epic 4G, Motorola Droid 3, HTC prime? Consumers actively migrated toward all touch devices.

While there is a me too/ new tech element to this shift, there are significant functional benefits of all touch devices given actual use. For most people on screen keys are good enough. Innovations such as swiping/ flicking/ autocorrect/ predictive text in some cases make virtual better.
    mspace81 and Blomsternisse like this.
    04-10-14 08:15 PM
    Yet I remember my Motorola StarTAC with such fondness.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    acovey, Gatmyer and BionicKris like this.
    04-10-14 08:18 PM
    Very true, now people are unwilling to try something new. Bb10 I think it too ahead of its time for Android wp and is users but once they try it they like it....

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 09:24 PM
    Why BlackBerry is not selling.....-img_20140410_181548.jpg
    Brand-new from Shop BlackBerry.

? CB10 ?
    BionicKris likes this.
    04-10-14 09:27 PM
    Their prior touch-screen devices were not very good and the first iteration of the z10 was not well received following on the disaster that was the Playbook.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-10-14 10:01 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140410_181548.jpg 
Views:	3951 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	262170
    Brand-new from Shop BlackBerry.

? CB10 ?
    Congrats, great phone just get used to people constantly making negative remarks on it....

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 10:02 PM
    Their prior touch-screen devices were not very good and the first iteration of the z10 was not well received following on the disaster that was the Playbook.
    True I wish they updated the pb to bb10 it could have a shot then

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 10:03 PM
    Here I am still waiting for 10.2... while your updating now...

Posted via CB10
    Gatmyer likes this.
    04-10-14 10:04 PM
    Very true, now people are unwilling to try something new. Bb10 I think it too ahead of its time for Android wp and is users but once they try it they like it....

Posted via CB10
    That is my experience. When I show how quickly I can get things done on my Z10, people are curious about it, maybe not enough to get one, but it shuts up the "BlackBerry sucks" crowd. Not to mention when I show off my picture password or how easy it is to install and run Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    BERRYNOID likes this.
    04-10-14 10:09 PM
    This first iteration of Z10 being not well received doesn't translate to reviews on carrier sites... most are 4 stars plus.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-10-14 10:15 PM
    Here I am still waiting for 10.2... while your updating now...

Posted via CB10
    So go update via sachesi...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-10-14 10:16 PM
    MARKETING ,MARKETING,MARKETING, done very poorly, BB needs in your face marketing,Maybe JC will take us there. I hope for him and us in Blackberry World, The whole country is finally wising up to the security issue. Maybe BB will start to toot their own horn a bit.After all timing is everythingg
    Jahcure and chrisberry7 like this.
    04-10-14 10:23 PM
    MARKETING ,MARKETING,MARKETING, done very poorly, BB needs in your face marketing,Maybe JC will take us there. I hope for him and us in Blackberry World, The whole country is finally wising up to the security issue. Maybe BB will start to toot their own horn a bit.After all timing is everythingg
    Don't help there are shows dissing BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 10:27 PM
    So go update via sachesi...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Already tried....ended up having to reload phone...

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 10:28 PM
    So, I am a unabashed z10 user. What usually happens for me is a little nicer. I mind my own business on the plane. I write emails, BBM, read articles, swap apps, etc. I want a movie or so. Enjoy a Pocket article I saved. Read a little kindle etc.

By the time the flight is over, half the time the person next to me says, "so do you really like that?". And I say "yeah, BlackBerry did a really nice job. I think it works great."

They say - "yeah, it looks it"

The key is, someone has to see it or experience it from someone who knows what they are doing. Or they never know

Posted via CB10
    Flatman and Thuggidy like this.
    04-10-14 10:41 PM
    Majority of consumers only purchase a phone because 1.) they need to blend in because their friends have the cool, latest iPhone / Galaxy, 2.) word of mouth 3.) what they see on TV.

BlackBerry was not hip and cool; it didn't have Temple run, anger birds, or instant gram, or whatever other game available on BlackBerry.

Those who tried it and returned it because 10.0 was troublesome.

Those who isn't educated about BlackBerry and saw pictures of Kopi, said "OMG! it's 2014 this is the best they came up with??ROFLMAO!!"

Etc etc etc...

Posted via CB10
    Thuggidy likes this.
    04-10-14 11:04 PM
    The key is, someone has to see it or experience it from someone who knows what they are doing. Or they never know

Posted via CB10
    Totally!

I have had a Bold 9900 for two and a half years and just today learned a couple keyboard shortcuts for it! And I use the thing every day.

So much to know and learn about all the devices, people really need to see others use them in real world situations to know what the device is capable of. BlackBerry / RIM did not do that for BlackBerry 10, towards new and existing BlackBerry users alike. As a result BBOS7 devices are still out selling the new ones, likely because very few people know what the Q10 and Q5 are capable of - let alone the Z10 and Z30 all touch devices being just as usable as other all touch devices.
    04-10-14 11:08 PM
127 123 ...