1. The Alarm Clock, One of my favorite features of the old Blackberry devices was the ability to have multiple alarms setup on the phone so that I wouldn't have to keep changing my alarm each day or so for my ever changing schedule. Nope in BB10 we only have one alarm and if we want more we need to buy an app for that. Now seasoned Blackberry owners would say no problem just use the Calendar to set Alarms well that actually leads into grievance number 2.
    Not a glaring oversight, but whatever floats yer boat. Pretty sure it will be rectified soon. Apparently setting the multiple alarms through the calendar is not really a new thing for BB users, so I'm not seeing the problem.

2. The Calendar, Setting alarms from the Calendar on BB10. Guess what you can't, and Santa Claus isn't real either (while I am bursting bubbles). So when I'm at work and I need reminders to do things I am still having to use my iPhone. I don't know who outside of maybe Blackberry employees and 15 year old kids that keep their eyes glued to there phone 24/7 but for a lot of us we need a sound to let us know something is happening on our phone, Which leads into my third point.
    Apparently you can

3 The Sounds. You know how with the Blackberry you could set all those cool sounds and vibration patterns for your emails and texts so that you knew what you were getting so you would know if it was important to pull out your phone in the middle of an meeting at work. Well you this has been dumbed down to the point that you can have different sounds but you can not set different sounds for each email account meaning that of the 7 email addresses I have for my work and personal life If an email comes in I hear the same sound for each email meaning I never know if an important email is coming in or if it is just junk I can look at later. Again forcing me to keep carrying my iPhone using it on Wifi so I can tell if the email coming in is important or not.
    Hmmm....when I'm in a meeting, I set my phone to silent. Just seems respectful to others in that meeting. If something comes in during a meeting, it only takes a quick peek gesture to see what it is or who its from.
    Further, if you have important emails coming in, I'm sure you would have them in your contacts. You can set the notification sounds for contacts.
    4. Notes, ... What notes?? Yeah a huge part of the way I keep important information logged on my phone. Yeah it is totally gone... My Blackberry 8830, 8330, 9630, 9650, 9850, and iPhone all had notes and I use them all the time. But no the BB10 OS is too cool for important organization tools now and it has been left off the menu.
    Funny, I thought Remember was a pretty cool app. Took a bit of adjusting to the different note making, but I don't see the problem.

5. Contacts, I had an iPhone before this so I had my contacts in iCloud which was good since I still had my Blackberry Protect account, but wont go into that until number 6. Well I used the CardDAV feature and it synced up my contacts just fine. How ever viewing or accessing my contacts has been a nightmare. When trying to load a contact to see the number it would just sit there like it didn't realize it had been touched then upon tapping it again it would open a totally different contact not even in the same part of the alphabet. When trying to edit a contact on the phone the phone would go to a white screen and do nothing at all. which had to be a syncing error because I added a contact to my phone separate of the synced ones and it allowed me to edit with no problem. Which lead me to the conclusion that if I want my contacts to work I need to stop the syncing and manually re-enter all my contacts by hand.
    Sounds to me like a hardware issue. A simple exchange of device would have rectified this.

6. Blackberry Protect, one of the greatest phone syncing apps ever crafted I would put it above iCloud and Google Sync for Droid any day. Until now because it seems to have been reduced to a simple Find my Phone app meaning that the back up I had in BB Protect with my contacts couldn't be synced hence the reason for setting up CardDAV which as you read was a disaster.
    I'll have to agree, I didn't see the necessity of stripping BBProtect down. Maybe less users were utilizing it as we used to. You know what? I'll probably get over it.

So for now I am back on my iPhone and will probably end up buying a Blackberry Bold Touch so I can BBM again and still be able to manage my life at the same time.
    Sounds to me like you never left your iphone.

Seems to be more people less interested in honestly asking for help so much as complaining about why they don't get it or how BBRY screwed up.
    This is a new phone on a new OS. It's not going to be all rainbows and lollipops for everyone. Some will have a harder time getting it. Of course there are going to be some bugs and hiccups initially...name a single brand new OS that didn't initially have some bugs...you can't because one doesn't exist.
    These bugs will be rectified and life will go on. Updates will come (more rapidly in succession and hopefully not through carriers in the future) and bugs will be squashed. BB10 will be a force to be reckoned with, 6 months down the line. I'm loving this phone right now (even with its bugs)...I can only imagine how awesome it will be in 6 months.
    Patience is a virtue.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-14-13 06:21 PM
    I believe in having a default alarm app that has the ability to set more than one alarm.

Using the calendar on the Z10 is a work around.. The reason it is a work around is because BB10 also has a native alarm app.. This is where intuitively people would go to set an alarm.

You attacked the other user because she called it a work around... When in fact it is a work around. If calendar is supposed to be used for your alarms the BB10 should dump their native alarm app.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    If you follow the thread, you'll see that she claimed that ALARMS could not be set, that they were APPOINTMENTS. The fact is they are Alarms. Whether its a workaround is irelevant to the argument.
    04-14-13 06:22 PM
    Well, I tried to bring it back on topic.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-14-13 06:30 PM
    I know if you two were in the reverse position, she would be claiming you we're wrong, I have no doubt about that. The question is would you, unlike her, be able to admit to being wrong?
    Yes, I've been wrong about BB10.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-14-13 06:31 PM
    Go, go early adopters, but I think every new OS trips out of the gate. Look at Android or WP7. Admittedly, iOS has been stellar for years, but is so basic that it actually hinders the possibilities.

I'm actually going back to a Bold for a year or so BB10 can finish cooking. It will be great, but for now it can wait. BB7 will still be around for years due to popularity in other countries, so no harm in holding off.
    04-14-13 06:57 PM
    Hedobum and others: I returned two z10 phones and am now on my third, all because of email problems that did not go away. So, no, this is not a hw problem. It doesn't get resolved when you swap for another one. BUT this is also not solely a bb10 problem -- I know because I had a droid phone for ten days and returned it too... (!) My guess now is that it's a complicated interface problem, and this shall take a lot of mind power to solve.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:27 PM
    Yes, I've been wrong about BB10.
    Yeah, I thought I read something about that!
    04-14-13 09:43 PM
    This thread has become an alarm debate. Where's Maverick Hunter? Does he still reading this? Can we go back to the first issue of the thread?

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-14-13 09:59 PM
    @OP. As stated, updates are coming and the list is already out as to what it will fix. When we will receive it is not known at this time.
    04-14-13 10:48 PM
    People are expecting way too much all at the start.
    Oh come on.

Blackberry insist on developing an OS that doesn't come close to the features of Android or Ios, and yet they drop nearly all of the features that made their phones desirable. And they deliver it in a device priced as high end but with average specs only. How is that excusable ?

Moderators please do something. No more of those "be patient" excuses. For how long have they been developing this OS now? Since last week ? It has become ridiculous. It makes your forum ridiculous and irrelevant.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-15-13 12:19 AM
    The complaints are mostly from legacy BlackBerry users because, contrary to popular belief, many legacy BlackBerry customers stayed with BlackBerry by choice - not because they were ignorant of other options. BlackBerry gave them features/functions unavailable on other platforms. Most of them were productivity features.

The new OS is lacking these features so now there's little reason not to look at other options. What a lot of legacy BlackBerry owners wanted was a BBOS "8" phone with a 1.5 GHZ dual core processor, 2 GB RAM, a 1280 X 768 screen, and front facing camera. Those specs would have eliminated the hour glass and lag on legacy devices and would have been a much more functional product.

Posted via CB10
    Yes and there is also a sense of nostalgia for the era when Blackberry made sense for professional users.

With the drop of productivity features, the lack of features compared to competition, the huge price of the new devices compared to their specs... they even managed to make the older blackberry phones more wishable.

They even dropped the bridge feature for their playbook. The one big argument to sell their playbook initially. There should be professional sanctions against that.
    niss63 likes this.
    04-15-13 12:38 AM
    If I had that much trouble making up I wouldn't set 75 alarms on a smart phone. I'd use a proper, loud alarm clock. The idea of that many alarms would annoy me. And that many going off would annoy my husband.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 12:58 AM
    I know if you two were in the reverse position, she would be claiming you we're wrong, I have no doubt about that. The question is would you, unlike her, be able to admit to being wrong?
    Have you two met?!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 01:00 AM
    If I had that much trouble making up I wouldn't set 75 alarms on a smart phone. I'd use a proper, loud alarm clock. The idea of that many alarms would annoy me. And that many going off would annoy my husband.

Posted via CB10
    And wake up my wife and kids too?
    04-15-13 01:28 AM
    I'm quite a die hard BB fan but I can definitely understand where this frustration is coming from, especially from legacy users.

I'm willing to bet that if BB was not losing market share, subscriber base, and revenue at an extremely alarming pace then they would have kept this OS unreleased until they they actually had an OS that at the very least contained all the basic features of BBOS, then they would have released a more polished and "full" OS, but unfortunately, they did not have the luxury (time) of doing that and that is completely understandable.

Remember people, this is the same company that was written off by pretty much everyone. This is the same company whos stock was tanking like a rock. This is the same company that just a couple years ago was run down to the ground. This is the same company that fired 1000s of employees, and the ones that remained couldn't even take a vacation. This is the same company that has been (and still is) getting hammered by tons of reviewers out there. This is the same company that DID NOT have the luxury to comfortably plan out a shift to a completely new and different platform. Plainly put, they were in a crisis.

People need to understand that BlackBerry HAD to do this, they needed to get a product out (a very good one IMO) asap. IMO, the most important parts of the phone work and they work quite well and that was enough for them to release it. You really think the management didn't realize that the notepad is missing? Multiple alarms? Forward as email (text), or other small options ( I know there is a lot)? They did, they sure as heck did but they had priorities and I'm willing to bet their main priority was to release a damn good functioning phone so they can survive; that was their goal.

Admittedly, sometimes I do feel that the OS is stripped down, but I do understand why, and it makes perfect sense (see above). Bottom line is, no one forced me to buy this phone, and we as humans, have a crap ton of options to buy, but I chose BB. Why? Because I knew what I was getting myself into before I bought the phone. I also didn't get my hopes up high because I also knew this was an OS in it's infancy stages and I knew it will take time to get better.

To the OP, sorry if you didn't like this device but I think pretty much all you've complained about (while some are valid points) are a victim of what I mentioned above. So if you are not entirely happy with you phone, return it, there is many options out there. Good luck!

John Pawling and VRCHOTICKY like this.
    04-15-13 06:20 AM
    11 pages later. OP still has only one post. Just saying. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and John Pawling like this.
    04-15-13 06:31 AM
    11 pages later. OP still has only one post. Just saying. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    I called it on the first page.

Actually I suspect the OP made a throw away account and probably has a main account that he/she has been posting from.

OP never left us, he/she has been disguised in this thread the whole time.
    04-15-13 07:05 AM
    Is that all you have to say ?

Could you imagine that the OP is so sure to be right and this forum has become so irrelevant that he doesn't care to reply to you ? There is a point where you get so ridiculous that silence becomes a message.

His silence is you, your smileys, your "be patient", your little forum gimmicks, and above all an absence of moderation against personal attacks towards critics and against technically irrelevant arguments.
    niss63 and Davidro1 like this.
    04-15-13 09:27 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry left out the features people have been getting their panties in a knot about, so people could concentrate on the awesome new features of this OS.
    Just a thought.

Posted via CB10 with my BB10 Z10
    John Pawling and Blacklatino like this.
    04-15-13 10:18 AM
    Oh come on.

Blackberry insist on developing an OS that doesn't come close to the features of Android or Ios, and yet they drop nearly all of the features that made their phones desirable. And they deliver it in a device priced as high end but with average specs only. How is that excusable ?

Moderators please do something. No more of those "be patient" excuses. For how long have they been developing this OS now? Since last week ? It has become ridiculous. It makes your forum ridiculous and irrelevant.
    Then why are you here? Surely, you wouldn't want to be on a forum that is considered by "you" to be Ridiculous and Irrelevant? Just curious.

Sent from my Z10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-15-13 10:46 AM
    and above all an absence of moderation against personal attacks towards critics and against technically irrelevant arguments.
    You've made ONE reported post seemingly in the entire time you've been on this forum. Yet, you've had hundreds reported against you. Doing your part in helping with the moderation I see. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- those who cry foul the loudest, often do NOTHING to help the situation.
    04-15-13 05:35 PM
    You've made ONE reported post seemingly in the entire time you've been on this forum. Yet, you've had hundreds reported against you. Doing your part in helping with the moderation I see. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- those who cry foul the loudest, often do NOTHING to help the situation.
    You are WAYYYY too kind. I admire your patience.
    04-15-13 06:22 PM
    RIM could release an OS with no features and the fan boys here would defend it to their grave about how you didn't need current features anyway. This behavior permeates the forum and is quite a turn off when people post about their problems.

That said I returned the z10 today. It is still half baked and needs more polish and features that other phones have. Hopefully in a year's time we will revisit bb10 but it's not ready for those who run businesses.
    ihys, Davidro1, niss63 and 1 others like this.
    04-15-13 06:28 PM
    You are WAYYYY too kind. I admire your patience.
    He's the ish! When, it's time......."poof"......they're gone.

Sent from my Z10
    04-15-13 06:46 PM
    Returned for what?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:06 PM
233 ... 78910