04-16-13 09:29 AM
233 ... 678910
tools
    Haven't found more than seven days in any one week, do these ate all the alarms I've ever used.

When I travel I simply add as needed and I don't touch the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    I am a heavy sleeper so when I need to wake up early I set 3 every 15 minutes and they recur every week without me having to touch them. Every Thursday and Friday early Morning. So that's 6 alarms in two days alone, all with their own snooze.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 02:28 PM
    I am a heavy sleeper so when I need to wake up early I set 3 every 15 minutes and they recur every week without me having to touch them. Every Thursday and Friday early Morning. So that's 6 alarms in two days alone, all with their own snooze.

Posted via CB10
    One alarm and one snooze is all I need.

Blacklatino likes this.
    04-14-13 02:31 PM
    OK I see your screenshots. And the phone just went off. I see what you meant by the snooze appearing.

I still see this as a work around. To me anything that comes out of the Calendar app is an appointment and a reminder. I like my Alarms all consolidated, managed and accessible through one app, like in my iPhone and my Android, which is what I've been using to set my multiple alarms that I want to manage through one consolidated app.
    Bottom line, he was right, you were wrong. I think it's important to acknowledge this when we engage in these little "arguments/debates".
    04-14-13 02:32 PM
    My SGIII is set the same way.

04-14-13 02:32 PM
    Bottom line, he was right, you were wrong. I think it's important to acknowledge this when we engage in these little "arguments/debates".
    When I am wrong, I acknowledge it.

This is a workaround through the calendar to get calendar alarms. When you look at the icon it is a calendar alarm, which is in fact a calendar reminder.

There is one alarm in the BB clock app. THAT is where I set my alarm. I set appointments and reminders in the calendar app. THAT'S my management of MY calendar and my alarms.

I've shown how I use it in my iPhone. That's an example of multiple alarms.

Bakamushi likes this.
    04-14-13 02:42 PM
    When I am wrong, I acknowledge it.

This is a workaround through the calendar to get calendar alarms. When you look at the icon it is a calendar alarm, which is in fact a calendar reminder.

There is one alarm in the BB clock app. THAT is where I set my alarm. I set appointments and reminders in the calendar app. THAT'S my management of MY calendar and my alarms.

I've shown how I use it in my iPhone. That's an example of multiple alarms.

Wrong again, the icon for it is a clock in the calendar view and doesn't get synced or backed up along with the appointments or tasks. An alarm is an alarm, no matter what you call it. Been there forever, makes perfect sense and works a treat.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 02:50 PM
    It only shows there 24hrs before it's set to ring.

Edit, can anybody see my photos?

Posted via CB10
    Can't see your screen shots, but you are correct. Set the multiple alarms through the calendar and you can snooze them when the alarm goes off. I did always think that that type of calendar entry was in the wrong app though.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-14-13 02:52 PM
    Wrong again, the icon for it is a clock in the calendar view and doesn't get synced or backed up along with the appointments or tasks. An alarm is an alarm, no matter what you call it. Been there forever, makes perfect sense and works a treat. Posted via CB10
    What is that thing on your very own picture in red next to the clock on very screenshot you posted? Is that not a red calendar?

I like to not have to resort to work arounds for my devices which is the reason that I use the alarm app on my iPhone and my SGIII. To me, that is what makes sense, alarms set through the clock app. To you your calendar workaround works and you're happy. Kudos.

And who said anything about syncing? Don't put words in my mouth that I never said, deal?
    04-14-13 03:02 PM
    What is that thing on your very own picture in red next to the clock on very screenshot you posted? Is that not a red calendar?

I like to not have to resort to work arounds for my devices which is the reason that I use the alarm app on my iPhone and my SGIII. To me, that is what makes sense, alarms set through the clock app. To you your calendar workaround works and you're happy. Kudos.

And who said anything about syncing? Don't put words in my mouth that I never said, deal?
    I meant in the calendar the icon is a clock. But let's just leave it here. It works for me because it's unlimited, I can set as many as I want. Something other platforms don't offer.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 03:12 PM
    I meant in the calendar the icon is a clock. But let's just leave it here. It works for me because it's unlimited, I can set as many as I want. Something other platforms don't offer.

Posted via CB10
    Nope....
    Appointments on iOS are unlimited.
    04-14-13 03:17 PM
    Nope....
    Appointments on iOS are unlimited.
    They're not appointments. That would mean I would have to click on the "New appointment " button not the "New alarm " button.

You however can call it what you want but you'd be wrong.

I have unlimited appointments and unlimited alarms, they behave differently, ring differently, they have a different snooze time and they flash a different led colour.

Appointments for example alert me 45 minutes before they're due.

They daily alarm can also be viewed and changed in calendar

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 03:24 PM
    They're not appointments. That would mean I would have to click on the "New appointment " button not the "New alarm " button.

You however can call it what you want but you'd be wrong.

I have unlimited appointments and unlimited alarms, they behave differently, ring differently, they have a different snooze time and they flash a different led colour.

Posted via CB10
    What's with this "wrong" thing?

I've got unlimited appointments and as many alarms as I need. I don't need to have unlimited alarms on my clock since there are finite numbers of times I wake up each day. And I've got unlimited appointments on my calendar to set. And each is set in the corresponding app. No need to go to a completely separate app to do something that the appropriate app can't do.

Your workaround works, be happy with it. I prefer not to use it. I use my iPhone or my SGIII. I like to organise my things in as uncomplicated a manner as possible.

And I'm done here.
    04-14-13 03:32 PM
    What's with this "wrong" thing?

I've got unlimited appointments and as many alarms as I need. I don't need to have unlimited alarms on my clock since there are finite numbers of times I wake up each day. And I've got unlimited appointments on my calendar to set. And each is set in the corresponding app. No need to go to a completely separate app to do something that the appropriate app can't do.

Your workaround works, be happy with it. I prefer not to use it. I use my iPhone or my SGIII. I like to organise my things in as uncomplicated a manner as possible.

And I'm done here.
    Wow, just wow. You don't need to go to a separate app, all alarms, daily or additional can be handled in the calendar.

It's not a workaround, it's like that by design, and they're not appointments because they are ALARMS. Goodbye
    04-14-13 03:36 PM
    OK I see your screenshots. And the phone just went off. I see what you meant by the snooze appearing.

I still see this as a work around. To me anything that comes out of the Calendar app is an appointment and a reminder. I like my Alarms all consolidated, managed and accessible through one app, like in my iPhone and my Android, which is what I've been using to set my multiple alarms that I want to manage through one consolidated app.
    What's happening here is that you where proven wrong; and instead of accepting that graciously, you belittle the winning argument as a "Work Around" that's beneath your notice.

Obviously the way things apple and android do things is the proper way to do things. There is only a right way and a wrong way. No one could reasonable come up with an alternative for your preferred method.

Belfast was very patient explaining his point to you. Considering all the mean trolls you could have gotten into a oneupmanship contest with; I think you owe him to at least concede that calendar alarms have been working as intended for years.

Just because you are unfamiliar with it does not mean it is a work around.
    HedoBum and Davidro1 like this.
    04-14-13 03:41 PM
    Keep your iPhone dude!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 03:49 PM
    , bbbh
    Why BB10 is not my Zen-img_00000378.jpghhjup

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 03:50 PM
    This entire thread is not my Zen
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-14-13 04:11 PM
    Wow, just wow. You don't need to go to a separate app, all alarms, daily or additional can be handled in the calendar.

It's not a workaround, it's like that by design, and they're not appointments because they are ALARMS. Goodbye
    So there are 2 default alarm apps!? Why?

Why does it make sense to use your calendar for an alarm? What other mobile OS does that?

It is a work around to have to use a calendar for an alarm... Period. There is an Alarm app in BB10.. Intuitively that is where 99% of people would go to set an alarm.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-14-13 04:50 PM
    Those are appointments. Not alarms.
    Uhhhh (with hesitation, since I don't poke dragons)...OS7, and my 9900, has an option under the menu in the Calendar for New Alarm. Works perfectly, as either a one-time or even recurring.

And a postscript...having set set an alarm for 18:10 (it's now 18:13) the alarm went off,and I was presented with a choice of dismiss, or snooze (for10 minutes, my default snooze for my calendar events).

It's now 18:20, and the snooze went off as expected. So it's for all intents an alarm.
    Last edited by CBCListener; 04-14-13 at 05:21 PM.
    04-14-13 04:55 PM
    I know privacy and the digital age are scarcely bedfellows, but for those who value some vestige of privacy BB is a strong consideration, notwithstanding early OS issues. I am probably going to bring back an S III to At&t as, in my view, the "flexibility" of android is an illusion as compared to BB. Every android app seems to demand privileges well beyond what is needed, which seems sloppy coding to me by lazy developers. Easier to load an open source front end that demands all rights then to code for those specifically needed? Also, many processes ( and data sharing) that could easily be done without are forced upon you which eats up battery and ram. From what I read, QNX does not give you "super user" rights per se, but seems to have more app control then Android. Having to root a phone seems an exorbitant price to pay for desired flexibility and control.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-14-13 04:57 PM
    So there are 2 default alarm apps!? Why?

Why does it make sense to use your calendar for an alarm? What other mobile OS does that?

It is a work around to have to use a calendar for an alarm... Period. There is an Alarm app in BB10.. Intuitively that is where 99% of people would go to set an alarm.

Calendar is where I manage my time, don't you? One alarm is fine, if that's what you need but two days a week I have to wake up early so I set up 3 alarms, one after the other at 15 minutes intervals to make sure I wake up and I have them set to recur weekly. Sometimes it's the third alarm that gets me up. Can the Nexus so that? Just because you don't need it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense for other people.

What's better one daily alarm or unlimited alarms?
    04-14-13 05:13 PM
    Calendar is where I manage my time, don't you? One alarm is fine, if that's what you need but two days a week I have to wake up early so I set up 3 alarms, one after the other at 15 minutes intervals to make sure I wake up and I have them set to recur weekly. Sometimes it's the third alarm that gets me up. Can the Nexus so that? Just because you don't need it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense for other people.

What's better one daily alarm or unlimited alarms?
    I believe in having a default alarm app that has the ability to set more than one alarm.

Using the calendar on the Z10 is a work around.. The reason it is a work around is because BB10 also has a native alarm app.. This is where intuitively people would go to set an alarm.

You attacked the other user because she called it a work around... When in fact it is a work around. If calendar is supposed to be used for your alarms the BB10 should dump their native alarm app.

04-14-13 05:26 PM
    I believe in having a default alarm app that has the ability to set more than one alarm.

Using the calendar on the Z10 is a work around.. The reason it is a work around is because BB10 also has a native alarm app.. This is where intuitively people would go to set an alarm.

You attacked the other user because she called it a work around... When in fact it is a work around. If calendar is supposed to be used for your alarms the BB10 should dump their native alarm app.

How is it a workaround when it's been like this for some 7-8 years?
    04-14-13 05:38 PM
    Well technically the alarm is an appointment...an appointment to wake the **** up!
    04-14-13 05:43 PM

I know if you two were in the reverse position, she would be claiming you we're wrong, I have no doubt about that. The question is would you, unlike her, be able to admit to being wrong?
    04-14-13 06:17 PM
233 ... 678910