I went back to my note 2 but I did order several iphone 5s for my employees
    04-15-13 08:14 PM
    I went back to my note 2 but I did order several iphone 5s for my employees
    Good luck. I hope you get what features you need from the phones.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-15-13 08:48 PM
    I am wondering were all you "fan boys" were when the most advanced touch screen to date was made by BlackBerry. Yes I am speaking of the Storm 2. I runs circles around every touch screen device yet today. I am referring to the screen technology only. Obviously all other parts are dated.

Because so many trashed it here we have lost the technology forever and it nearly killed RIM. I almost refused delivery because of the vitriol towards it. I did not listen and went ahead with it and it turned out to be my favorite phone. And yet you are defending this new Z10 that is not worthy of BlackBerry and I do not get it. Can someone tell me honestly what I am missing. This is a sincere question.
    04-15-13 09:20 PM
    I am wondering were all you "fan boys" were when the most advanced touch screen to date was made by BlackBerry. Yes I am speaking of the Storm 2. I runs circles around every touch screen device yet today. I am referring to the screen technology only. Obviously all other parts are dated.

Because so many trashed it here we have lost the technology forever and it nearly killed RIM. I almost refused delivery because of the vitriol towards it. I did not listen and went ahead with it and it turned out to be my favorite phone. And yet you are defending this new Z10 that is not worthy of BlackBerry and I do not get it. Can someone tell me honestly what I am missing. This is a sincere question.
    I guess that fact that they built a good modernized OS and wrapped a very nice phone and screen around it rounded out by what I think is a superb browsing experience. Yes I am VERY frustrated over the missing features in our Z10's but that takes nothing away from the fact that management has delivered something exciting. I understand the attraction and I understand the frustration. I bear an equal amount of both. We got 3 Z10's and an iPhone Al coming from 9780s. The iPhone user has had a much easier time of it. Nonetheless we're hopeful and plan to wait it out. Top item here; two way wired sync with outlook.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:50 PM
    Good luck. I hope you get what features you need from the phones.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    Thank you. I will be honest and I did like many things about the phone namely the screen, gui, and the browser but too many others were either missing or unfinished. I eagerly await for RIM to fix these issues but with the play book scars still fresh in my mind I was hesitant to take a wait and see approach with the z10.
    04-15-13 10:25 PM
    And yet you are defending this new Z10 that is not worthy of BlackBerry and I do not get it. Can someone tell me honestly what I am missing.
    That's just your opinion. I completely disagree. And I mean completely. FYI: I never had any problem with the Storm's screen tech.
    04-16-13 06:55 AM
    Now that I'm able to put my finger on it, I no longer think I'm the only one. In defense of the Z10, yes the platform is still in its infancy and needs ironing out to whatever kinks it has. The items that the OP listed seems to reflect how the old BlackBerry phones used to be and how alienated he now feels.
    Sounds like the OP never paid attention so what RIM (at the time) told everyone with respect to the new Z10 and feature devices. They told everyone "THEY ARE GOING IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION", this is key as it likely means the device will be very different from the old RIM devices, think of it now as the BB10 devices being BlackBerry devices, and the old OS7 and older being RIM devices. Both are very different...BlackBerry ultimately took into account that some people will never convert to a BB10 devices because it doesn't have all the old school and security issues and features that the old RIM devices have.

As for Apple and Google catching up to BlackBerry with their own browsing experience, there is a problem with that, the current BB10 devices run on dual core CPUs, and the latest Samsung and Apple devices (or soon to be) will be using quad core CPUs. The problem is the compeitition will need to invest in faster technology to match BlackBerry's slower yet just as fast technology.
    I can only imagine how fast the browsing speed would be if and when BBRY switches to a QC CPU.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-16-13 08:50 AM
    Sounds like the OP never paid attention so what RIM (at the time) told everyone with respect to the new Z10 and feature devices. They told everyone "THEY ARE GOING IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION"

I can only imagine how fast the browsing speed would be if and when BBRY switches to a QC CPU.
    Different is good. Fewer basic features is a step backwards.

So much for leapfrogging the competition.

Posted via CB10
    Bakamushi likes this.
    04-16-13 09:29 AM
233 ... 8910