Open note. Hold finger on screen, select all, hold again, share, viola

Posted via CB10
    You can share things inside a note, not the whole note as with Legacy without having to open it.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 12:12 PM
    I sync to iCloud (CardDAV) and it works flawlessly.

Not sure what your problem might be here.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 12:13 PM
    My OS6 9650 didn't. I purchased an alarm app to do multiple alarms.
    It did, you could set an unlimited number of alarms in the calendar with full recurring options. Alarms not appointments.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 12:14 PM
    Did the old blackberry have multiple alarms? Wasn't it just when you're in the clock and press the track pad would bring up the alarm? Where are the other?

Posted via CB10
    In the calendar, unlimited alarms could be set.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 12:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Those are appointments. Not alarms.
    04-14-13 12:56 PM
    Those are appointments. Not alarms.
    Sorry, they are alarms, open calendar, press menu, select new alarm. I'm very surprised you never knew that.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 151177

Attachment 151178
    Attachment 151179
    04-14-13 12:59 PM
    Sorry, they are alarms, open calendar, press menu, select new alarm. I'm very surprised you never knew that.

Posted via CB10
    Appointment. Throught the calendar. There is no snooze option. It is accessed through the CALENDAR.

Through the CLOCK, there is only one alarm. With a snooze option. It is accessed through the clock because it is an ALARM.
    04-14-13 01:07 PM
    Appointment. Throught the calendar. There is no snooze option. It is accessed through the CALENDAR.

Through the CLOCK, there is only one alarm. With a snooze option. It is accessed through the clock because it is an ALARM.
    Read my post again and look at the pictures. And yes, there is snooze, and the sound is the alarm sound not the appointment sound. And yes, once set they will appear in the clock app, as I said, I am very surprised you don't know this

PS, once set you can access it and modify it from withing the clock app.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 151180
    bruteforce037 likes this.
    04-14-13 01:09 PM
    Right, but I assumed people were referring to the alarm function within the system clock app, not the calendar.
    04-14-13 01:12 PM
    That's an excellent explanation but the great majority of consumers don't really care about the evolutionary process of getting to BB10. If this is the type of explanation which BBRY is hoping will excuse the deficiencies found on the Z10, then the absolute best they can hope for is an "A" for effort. This is like the 10th place finisher in a race who wins the participation award because he tried really hard.

Consumers are familiar with the BB brand.

At one time, the BB brand had such cachet that its products were described as addictive, innovative and industry-leading/beating. Prior to the BB, the trend in mobile phones was for smaller and more compact. Who would have thought at the time that some of the massive smartphones like the Nexus 4 would even be competitive just a decade later?

Sadly for BBRY, time did not standstill and other products in the same category outpaced and eventually outdistanced the innovation at RIM to create smartphones which thousands perhaps even millions flocked to while abandoning their BBs.

So, I would argue that, whether or not BB10 is a totally new OS or built on top of previous BB OSes is completely irrelevant to consumers and, therefore, completely irrelevant to the Z10s success.

Just as the vast majority of smartphone consumers had written off previous BB OS devices, the risk is significant that the Z10 will similarly be discarded until BB10 is capable of fully meeting consumer expectations.

Trying to argue that consumers should treat the Z10 like it treated the first generation iPhone or the first generation Samsung Android devices may resonate with a tiny minority of consumers but the huge majority (as in 99%) will be comparing the Z10 alongside the iPhone 5 (and, soon, the iPhone 5S or even 6) and the Galaxy S3 and S4 not only because the devices are all priced similarly but also because BBRY's marketing and PR positioning has been to pit the Z10 squarely against these devices.
    I wasn't arguing that BBRY should get a pass on the level of maturity that BB10 was released with.

I was arguing against the suggestion that :

'since BlackBerry had a previous OS prior to BB10, then they should have been able to bring BB10 to maturity faster since they had a previous OS to base it on'.

What the public thinks is irrelevent to the comment I was responding which was about development speed and having nothing to do with issues of marketing or public perception.

I still stand by my contetion that the single-quoted suggestion above is false.

THAT SAID...

While BBRY have done a tremendous amount of work in a short span of time, *everyone* knows (even Thorsten has admitted it) they were late getting started on revitalizing their platform. They should have started developing BB10 a year earlier at least.
    Last edited by mnc76; 04-14-13 at 01:28 PM.
    04-14-13 01:14 PM
    So the difference between a Calendar 'alarm' and a Calendar 'reminder' is just the tone it uses ?
    04-14-13 01:14 PM
    So the difference between a Calendar 'alarm' and a Calendar 'reminder' is just the tone it uses ?
    No, the same alarm tone.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:15 PM
    Can I point out this is available on the old 7230 and ever since or even before?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:17 PM
    Right, but I assumed people were referring to the alarm function within the system clock app, not the calendar.
    Those of us speaking of alarms are.

Belfast, there are no snooze options for appointments.
    The calendar alarm, which is used as a personal reminder, does not have a snooze option.

And your screen shots a are not visible either on my laptop or mu Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:17 PM

The calendar alarm, which is used as a personal reminder, does not have a snooze option.

Posted via CB10
    Believe me there is snooze, it's exactly the same as the alarm in the clock, same ring tone, same snooze options. When you can see the photos you'll understand.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:20 PM
    Believe me there is snooze, it's exactly the same as the alarm in the clock, same ring tone, same snooze options. When you can see the photos you'll understand.

Posted via CB10
    i got up
    got the 9930
    went to calendar
    went to alarm
    i see Subject, as in appointments
    i see recurrence
    i see NO snooze

in Menu options are

switch app
    save
    delete
    close

That is a REMINDER
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    04-14-13 01:26 PM
    Why? Whats better about Notes compared to Remember? If you don't like the folders in Remember, you can switch to the sort by entries.
    04-14-13 01:27 PM
    i got up
    got the 9930
    went to calendar
    went to alarm
    i see Subject, as in appointments
    i see recurrence
    i see NO snooze

in Menu options are

switch app
    save
    delete
    close

That is a REMINDER
    Look again, open new alarm then open new appointment. Completely different. And the snooze is the same as in the main alarm.

It's no reminder, it's an alarm. When it rings you'll see the snooze button.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:29 PM
    Look again, open new alarm then open new appointment. Completely different. And the snooze is the same as in the main alarm.

It's no reminder, it's an alarm. When it rings you'll see the snooze button.

Posted via CB10
    belfast tell me where i set the snooze in your solution

and of course they're different, one is a REMINDER
    04-14-13 01:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Are they showing up in the Clock app as he claimed?
    04-14-13 01:32 PM
    You don't set it, the same snooze set in the main alarm applies to the calendar alarm also. When it rings on screen there will be a snooze button.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:32 PM
    They are indeed, I've been using this weekly for years. I'm not making this up. I'm not sure why the photos I posted don't show up.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:33 PM
    no, only in the calendar on my 9930
    i can't post screenshots on my 9930 because it's through bes and apps are restricted
    04-14-13 01:35 PM

and of course they're different, one is a REMINDER
    I don't know how you can keep insisting its a reminder. FYI, when you set an alarm in the clock you don't get a snooze option, the snooze option can be set in the clock settings, nit when you set an alarm. That settings then applies to clock alarm and calendar alarm, both will show up in the clock app once they're set. Been like this forever.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:37 PM
    no, only in the calendar on my 9930
    i can't post screenshots on my 9930 because it's through bes and apps are restricted
    It only shows there 24hrs before it's set to ring.

Edit, can anybody see my photos?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:38 PM
233 ... 45678 ...