You guys seriously are an embarrassment to Blackberry and its original core group of owners. 90% of the replies to the op are worse than anything I've ever seen on an iPhone thread. It's like a flood of teens migrated from who knows where to the new Z10. The amount of apologists for this phone is truly amazing to me (and apparently to a growing number of people on here). Crackberry needs to clean house and go back to having adult conversations, and people who actually have relatively intelligent things to say from time to time. Good lord
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Foroplex
    90%? Either your prone to exaggeration or you're reading into some of these posts and assuming a tone that isn't there. The OP has some legitimate issues but IMO, he, like many others also has some unrealistic
    expectations. We may disagree but I suspect he can handle an adult conversation.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 09:23 AM
    Yes. I remember when Apple migrated from OS 9.2, which was an embarrassing demonstration of how out of date Mac OS was, to Mac OS X, which was an embarrassing demonstration of how hard it is to port all the features from one OS to another. I hated both 9.2 and the original OS X so much I swore never to waste money on a Mac again. It was obvious that Apple came so close to running out of cash that they couldn't really afford to do OS X properly.
    But with user input eventually they caught up and fixed the issues.
    Apple now make rather good laptops and aren't exactly a failed company.
    For BlackBerry to succeed, users need to tell them what is wrong and they need to listen.
    Unlike with Macs, I'm going to buy a Q10, because BlackBerry deserve a chance. But I don't expect it to be perfect out of the box.
    The Playbook wasn't, but now despite being a bit old, slow and low res it is, to my mind, still the best general purpose tablet.
    It's OK. There are things about the competition I hate. For me it's all about what IT supplier is the most responsive.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-13-13 09:24 AM
    1 post from OP, it's his one and only post. I think he was bored and wanted to change phones, but when he changed, he realized that he didn't like change.

I don't think we'll be seeing him again. Hey, I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
    04-13-13 09:29 AM
    You guys seriously are an embarrassment to Blackberry and its original core group of owners. 90% of the replies to the op are worse than anything I've ever seen on an iPhone thread. It's like a flood of teens migrated from who knows where to the new Z10. The amount of apologists for this phone is truly amazing to me (and apparently to a growing number of people on here). Crackberry needs to clean house and go back to having adult conversations, and people who actually have relatively intelligent things to say from time to time. Good lord
    Why are you even here when you aren't using a Blackberry?
    Vector-SS likes this.
    04-13-13 09:30 AM
    Boohoo...so version 1.0 of a brand new OS isn't perfect for you. Sorry that it doesn't have all the built in features and functionality of other os's on their 5th and 6th iterations.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    I don't get why everyone keeps saying " oh it's a new Os so give them slack iphone and android took years to get to where they are now" The thing is, those were "New" those companies never had anything to build it from so yeah I could see giving those company slack just because they were building something and had nothing to go by.

BlackBerry on the otherhand has had bbos 567 to build upon and use it as a guide. And quite frankly its a little disappointing when your flagship phone doesn't come out with the many basics you have had with your other versions.

So the ppl who keep saying it's their first new Os and give them slack that's not really an excuse for a company that's been on the market for 10 years give or take. It's not like their a new company trying to figure out how to do things. They are an experienced company with a vast knowledge of what's is good on a phone.

Kind of feels like this was a rush job to push z10 out onto the market since they knew if they didn't have anything out by said date and pushed it even further they would really be in trouble as a company.

And do you know why ppl make an account and make such posts? As much as I like my z10 I'm not gonna delude myself and say it's the perfect phone when it's not just yet. These ppl had the highest hopes for BlackBerry new phone. And when they actually get it in their hand its a bit a disappointment.

I know that when I first got it i was like omg this phone is amazing, then as I got to play with it more overtime I was kinda getting disappointed, for the many lil things it started to show it was missing. I do hope blackberry does address a lot of these issues. Which in my mind should have been polished up before releasing. And one thing u can't understand was taking away the bridge functions for PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 09:31 AM
    I don't remember ever being able to set multiple alarms on my old blackberrys. It was always one alarm at a time using the alarm clock.

I'm not sure why you are saying this doesn't work when it obviously and very demonstrably does work. flawlessly.

built in profile customization is weak. However it is very easy to SEE which messages are important by using Peek. It literally takes seconds.

There are a lot of 3rd party apps now that bring this functionality.

Notes is now called Remember. It's still there.

I have two gmail account contacts, one hotmail, facebook, twitter, BBM and locally added contacts synced in my Contacts.

It's really amazing i can cross link contacts from multiple locations into one Contact; which if i click on gives me multiple choices on how to send a message. Works like a charm.

I kind of agree here, Blackberry Protect was butchered. However Blackberry Link provides the same functions and Protect will be getting more functionality as the platform matures. So i'm not going to excreate any masonry over it.

Thank you for creating an account and using your very first post to let us know you prefer Apple to Blackberry. It means a lot to us.

Really; it's not like there are users who create throwaway accounts every day just to post negative and usually uninformed misinformation about Blackberry and the Z10.
    How insecure are you to take every negative thing as an attack? I guess you would rather have a circlejerk forum
    Donvald likes this.
    04-13-13 09:35 AM
    Well keep in mind your only one out of 7 billion in the world who aren't happy with the new OS10 devices which isn't a big deal really. So I hope you continue to love your tiny iSheep device which looks and feels like a kids toy!
    Where do you get 7 billion ppl from? BlackBerry only sold a million or 2. Or was that just shipped. Who knows.
    I like how ppl bash the iphone as a toy. Well this toy basically took the whole market away from BlackBerry and almost took them out of the game.

Posted via CB10
    a4t and Residing like this.
    04-13-13 09:36 AM
    Where do you see the 'non-adult' replies ? I see one out of 30.
    glennster28 likes this.
    04-13-13 09:36 AM
    Why are you even here when you aren't using a Blackberry?

I'm currently on an iPhone 5 and I go to CB everyday. BB was my first love of smartphones and I love reading about the latest and greatest about their devices. I check the Z10 and the Q10 forums to do research on which one I plan on getting.
    04-13-13 09:39 AM
    Sorry it didn't work out for you, see ya.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 09:40 AM
    The last thing I want to share with you is that if you go into "reminder" on the Z10 both Notes and Tasks appear there. I can see all my notes from my mailbox on my server so it looks like you expect the Z10 to work and behave just like the old OS6 and 7 devices do..

BBRY has said from the start...and this is likely the 100th time I have said this to people here. LOL BBRY went a completely different direction with the OS10 platform, they wanted to change the user experience as Apple and Google have failed to over the years. Doing this takes smartphone computing to a whole new level.

You have to play with the device for a bit and find out were things are now placed but realize this isn't a RIM device, its a BlackBerry device.
    MiSsY_ likes this.
    04-13-13 09:51 AM
    Where do you get 7 billion ppl from? BlackBerry only sold a million or 2. Or was that just shipped. Who knows.
    I like how ppl bash the iphone as a toy. Well this toy basically took the whole market away from BlackBerry and almost took them out of the game.

Posted via CB10
    The worlds population is over 7 billion people, they are entitled to their own opinion if they own a BlackBerry or not!
    04-13-13 09:52 AM
    I am writing this in great dismay because I had such high hopes for this phone and I waited so patiently for this device being not only in the USA but also being a Verizon customer. But I can not idly stand by and give rave reviews to a phone that in my opinion has no resemblance to a Blackberry phone what so ever not because the changed the look of the OS but because they stripped down the core functionality of the device that Blackberry has been know for for so long. Below are my list of grievances.

1. The Alarm Clock, One of my favorite features of the old Blackberry devices was the ability to have multiple alarms setup on the phone so that I wouldn't have to keep changing my alarm each day or so for my ever changing schedule. Nope in BB10 we only have one alarm and if we want more we need to buy an app for that. Now seasoned Blackberry owners would say no problem just use the Calendar to set Alarms well that actually leads into grievance number 2.

2. The Calendar, Setting alarms from the Calendar on BB10. Guess what you can't, and Santa Claus isn't real either (while I am bursting bubbles). So when I'm at work and I need reminders to do things I am still having to use my iPhone. I don't know who outside of maybe Blackberry employees and 15 year old kids that keep their eyes glued to there phone 24/7 but for a lot of us we need a sound to let us know something is happening on our phone, Which leads into my third point.

3 The Sounds. You know how with the Blackberry you could set all those cool sounds and vibration patterns for your emails and texts so that you knew what you were getting so you would know if it was important to pull out your phone in the middle of an meeting at work. Well you this has been dumbed down to the point that you can have different sounds but you can not set different sounds for each email account meaning that of the 7 email addresses I have for my work and personal life If an email comes in I hear the same sound for each email meaning I never know if an important email is coming in or if it is just junk I can look at later. Again forcing me to keep carrying my iPhone using it on Wifi so I can tell if the email coming in is important or not.

4. Notes, ... What notes?? Yeah a huge part of the way I keep important information logged on my phone. Yeah it is totally gone... My Blackberry 8830, 8330, 9630, 9650, 9850, and iPhone all had notes and I use them all the time. But no the BB10 OS is too cool for important organization tools now and it has been left off the menu.

5. Contacts, I had an iPhone before this so I had my contacts in iCloud which was good since I still had my Blackberry Protect account, but wont go into that until number 6. Well I used the CardDAV feature and it synced up my contacts just fine. How ever viewing or accessing my contacts has been a nightmare. When trying to load a contact to see the number it would just sit there like it didn't realize it had been touched then upon tapping it again it would open a totally different contact not even in the same part of the alphabet. When trying to edit a contact on the phone the phone would go to a white screen and do nothing at all. which had to be a syncing error because I added a contact to my phone separate of the synced ones and it allowed me to edit with no problem. Which lead me to the conclusion that if I want my contacts to work I need to stop the syncing and manually re-enter all my contacts by hand.

6. Blackberry Protect, one of the greatest phone syncing apps ever crafted I would put it above iCloud and Google Sync for Droid any day. Until now because it seems to have been reduced to a simple Find my Phone app meaning that the back up I had in BB Protect with my contacts couldn't be synced hence the reason for setting up CardDAV which as you read was a disaster.

I admit I lost touch with Blackberry because I wanted more and strayed to the iPhone and when I heard about the BlackBerry Z10 I was super excited because I was thinking that it would be the best of two worlds things I like about the iPhone married with all the kick *** features that I Loved about my Blackberry. Well this phone would be great for me if I didn't have a job and never had anything important to do but when a phone that carries the Blackberry name comes out I expected it to help me accomplish my daily goals better and not make me feel like I am being hindered or handicapped by using it.

So for now I am back on my iPhone and will probably end up buying a Blackberry Bold Touch so I can BBM again and still be able to manage my life at the same time.
    Adam provided a link to download all of the old alert sounds and they work perfectly on my Z10. I now have multiple alerts.
    As far as BlackBerry Protect, it is in dire need of an update, but you can backup with BB Link.
    It sounds like you are too eager to go back to IOS and not really giving BB 10 a chance. Even IOS and Android had to deal with bumps in the road when they launched. People tend to forget about that.
    04-13-13 09:54 AM
    2 way wired sync with outlook is a monster for us. we're holding out hopes that this gets rectified. Remember instead of notes seems OK for me, protect needs work for sure, not sure I understand the alarm thing. I have alarms set for weekdays only just like before.

Anyway. Overall, I'm pissed, but after so many years we're pretty loyal as well. we're not ready to trade in a kid for wetting the bed just yet.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:01 AM
    Z10 is a very good device. It has a ways to go before it can be called great device IMO.

BB dropped the ball in some areas.
    04-13-13 10:02 AM
    Being a first gen mobile device takes incredible amount of work to get out.. I hope that BB is getting some of this great feedback. While it hasn't made me return the phone or use an alternative in the meantime, I hope the next updates re-incorporate these great features that were in the original phones.

Good thing is that BB, unlike the other mobile device manufacturers, have really no choice but to listen to their customers. It'll just take time. Hopefully you'll return when these issues get addressed.
    04-13-13 10:10 AM
    I do missed that note app on the legacy os7 device (I used 9860 b4 z10) but remember app makes me forget I ever missed that note app on os7 device, its just me
    I am right there with you. The remember app is great, not to mention having ever note naked in is a huge plus. But I guess people will get upset about something when it comes to change.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    mnc76 likes this.
    04-13-13 10:16 AM
    I don't get why everyone keeps saying " oh it's a new Os so give them slack iphone and android took years to get to where they are now" The thing is, those were "New" those companies never had anything to build it from so yeah I could see giving those company slack just because they were building something and had nothing to go by.

BlackBerry on the otherhand has had bbos 567 to build upon and use it as a guide. And quite frankly its a little disappointing when your flagship phone doesn't come out with the many basics you have had with your other versions.

So the ppl who keep saying it's their first new Os and give them slack that's not really an excuse for a company that's been on the market for 10 years give or take. It's not like their a new company trying to figure out how to do things. They are an experienced company with a vast knowledge of what's is good on a phone.

Kind of feels like this was a rush job to push z10 out onto the market since they knew if they didn't have anything out by said date and pushed it even further they would really be in trouble as a company.

And do you know why ppl make an account and make such posts? As much as I like my z10 I'm not gonna delude myself and say it's the perfect phone when it's not just yet. These ppl had the highest hopes for BlackBerry new phone. And when they actually get it in their hand its a bit a disappointment.

I know that when I first got it i was like omg this phone is amazing, then as I got to play with it more overtime I was kinda getting disappointed, for the many lil things it started to show it was missing. I do hope blackberry does address a lot of these issues. Which in my mind should have been polished up before releasing. And one thing u can't understand was taking away the bridge functions for PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    It's not as simple as building on os 567 and using it as a guide. From what I understand, it's completely recoded from the ground up and that takes time...time they did not have to put ALL the old functionality in along with the new. They needed to get it to market and delayed it as long as they could, as it is the delays may be more than they will be able to overcome. Just copying the old legacy devices obviously wouldn't save them...they need to grow again to survive and to grow, they needed to focus on what the mass market wants and then get to work putting all the old BlackBerry functionality in.

People are expecting way too much all at the start. They buy without doing their research first to see if the phone will work for them and then bash the product later. I am totally happy with my z10 because I knew what I was buying and didn't have silly overblown expectations. I think the OP said how he had waited so long with all these expectations... maybe during that long wait he could have researched it a bit since all of the complaints have been discussed at length over and over already.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    04-13-13 10:22 AM
    I'll sum up what everyone here is saying OP. Basically, the Z10 is a really raw beta. If all you do is post on crackberry all day or just text friends it may be for you. If you need a business tool or are appcentric you should get something else and give BlackBerry a try in another few years when your contract is up again.
    ihyln, Davidro1, Bakamushi and 1 others like this.
    04-13-13 10:29 AM
    I'm confused! I don't think you know what you want!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:40 AM
    The loss of custom profile notification is NOT a "tiny" thing, it's a huge thing. I've had my Z10 for 11days and updated the OS on my 9810 last night in preparation for returning the Z10 (probably) because of this not tiny reason (along with BlackBerry Travel, and BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing issues).

Posted via CB10
    Agree
    I'm giving BlackBerry time to fix this but they want to do it soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:48 AM
    exaggerate much?
    jesse_h likes this.
    04-13-13 10:53 AM
    Ihys said above what I've been waiting for someone to say for the past month. I fully expected to pick up a Blackberry and see all those great features. The ones that made a Blackberry such an efficient work and communication tool. They aren't.
    Legal Eagle and kaa15 like this.
    04-13-13 10:58 AM
    I'll sum up what everyone here is saying OP. Basically, the Z10 is a really raw beta. If all you do is post on crackberry all day or just text friends it may be for you. If you need a business tool or are appcentric you should get something else and give BlackBerry a try in another few years when your contract is up again.
    I think your summary skills need honing.
    jesse_h likes this.
    04-13-13 10:59 AM
    The multiple alarms are coming in a future update...notes have been replaced by remember but I do miss notes...but in saying that Remember has many advantages over notes and I have become quite found of using Remember I love how it integrates with Evernote

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-13-13 11:09 AM
233 1234 ...