Are the Z10 backup files supposed to be like 1-2GB?
    02-28-13 03:46 PM
    I had to go in to the BB Link and uncheck the media option from the backup selections. It was backing up my photos and music each time I ran the backup. (Which some people may want I guess).
    02-28-13 03:59 PM
    My backup is nearly 3GB, mostly application data. I've been meaning to install one app to see if it's the one storing large quantities of data.
    02-28-13 04:00 PM
    1.5 GB here and this is just settings and app data (no media). I too am curious who the culprit is. Anyway to find out?
    02-28-13 04:17 PM
    I had to go in to the BB Link and uncheck the media option from the backup selections. It was backing up my photos and music each time I ran the backup. (Which some people may want I guess).
    thanks, I just found that option!
    02-28-13 05:03 PM
    My Z10 backup is so large too around 900mb-1gb, it's always bigger every time I backup. This is without media.. Takes so long to get a backup done.
    04-13-13 08:56 PM
    Maybe this is why they removed it from blackberry protect. The files are huge.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 08:59 PM
    True. But we should be allowed to do selective backup.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 09:10 PM
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to understand the reason behind file size yet? I'm guessing it might be because app data includes all your emails in the hub, but don't sure. Navigating around using Ghost Commander hasn't turned up any other obvious suspects...
    04-26-13 10:21 AM
    Any further ideas on this?

When I was using a Bold 9900 I did a backup every week and the backup file size was always 1.3 to 1.4MB. Now I'm using a Q10 the backup files are escalating in size for seemingly no reason.

All I need is the address book and memopad (remember) plus a few other bits which the Bold backup covered. This new huge backup arrangement is hopeless but I'm reluctant to switch off the App data on the backup in case any of the important stuff is then missed.
    01-03-14 05:45 AM
    Any further ideas on this?

When I was using a Bold 9900 I did a backup every week and the backup file size was always 1.3 to 1.4MB. Now I'm using a Q10 the backup files are escalating in size for seemingly no reason.

All I need is the address book and memopad (remember) plus a few other bits which the Bold backup covered. This new huge backup arrangement is hopeless but I'm reluctant to switch off the App data on the backup in case any of the important stuff is then missed.
    It's the applications. The more content you have the larger the backup file. My Z10 backup files are around 4.5 GB.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 10:01 AM
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to understand the reason behind file size yet? I'm guessing it might be because app data includes all your emails in the hub, but don't sure. Navigating around using Ghost Commander hasn't turned up any other obvious suspects...
    I've done backups with and without my email accounts. One of them is an exchange account syncing about a years worth of emails, calendar entries and over 200 contacts.

I did a backup with everything in place. Then do another one after deleting all email addresses, Facebook and Evernote accounts.

The difference was, maybe, a few megabytes. When everything else adds up to over 3 GBs, that's next to nothing.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 10:35 AM
    I've done backups with and without my email accounts. One of them is an exchange account syncing about a years worth of emails, calendar entries and over 200 contacts.

I did a backup with everything in place. Then do another one after deleting all email addresses, Facebook and Evernote accounts.

The difference was, maybe, a few megabytes. When everything else adds up to over 3 GBs, that's next to nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Application sizes are MUCH larger on BlackBerry 10 than they ever were with the PlayBook app sizes being fairly close in size as well. For example BBM is around 28 MB on BlackBerry 10. With BlackBerry 7 it's about 6 MB now? Somewhere around that neighbourhood. Application data is the culprit unless you happen to store a lot of media on the internal memory.
    01-03-14 09:58 PM