Lately I have been experiencing a problem which has effectively left me without a real smartphone. All of the apps are malfunctioning, and restarting the phone does not help. "Malfunctioning" refers mainly to an app either not opening, or having some of its features being ineffective.
    Example 1: the password. Under normal circumstances I unlock the phone using the picture password, and if I get it wrong five times then I use the digit password (this is in the case where one is required to first type "blackberry"). When something is wrong with the password, I can only unlock the phone using the latter method ( with the picture password being unavailable).
    Example 2: music app. A malfunction here simply entails the media library being inaccessible, making it impossible to play songs.
    Example 3: phone. It is possible to make calls but the contacts are unavailable. This means that only numbers that are known by heart can be called. Another odd thing which happens is that the call history is shown as being empty, despite having made and received calls.

The most common malfunction is when an app simply won't open. It usually happens to a handful of apps, and the problem can be resolved by restarting the phone. However, I find myself in a situation where none of the apps open, and the picture password is only available during the first 30 or so seconds after restarting. This means that if I I unlock the phone very quickly, I can open one of the apps. The only ones that open at all are the Web, Phone and Setting apps. I can neither play songs (or videos and games) or view pictures.

The only possible solution seems to be updating software, which in itself presents a problem. Apparently the mobile network that I use isn't "large" enough so only a wi-fi network can be used. The problem with this is that I have no access to any wi-fi network. I had the idea of buying 1 gigabytes of data and using my phone (a Z10 by the way) as a mobile hot spot, then connecting to this network and using it to update the software. The problem with this is that when I try to set up the mobile hot spot, the settings app simply closes.

I desperately need advice on how to handle this problem, as I don't want to end up worsening it by doing something that I don't know. I just want my phone to be working like a normal one again, but I have no idea as to how to achieve this.
    03-02-15 07:40 PM
    If you need to update your software (and I suggest you do), then you need to download the files you need to a PC. Can you do it at work or on someone else's wifi?
    Files here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...oaders-995995/

Then update the phone. Some of those issues should disappear.
    03-02-15 08:06 PM
    Check your sd card also. I had some wacky behavior once and it was a bad card, but not as troubling as yours
    03-02-15 08:32 PM
    Thanks for the advice, I just updated the software and the phone works like a normal cellphone again. I still prefer the previous operating system, though...
    FF22 likes this.
    03-06-15 05:24 PM