View Poll Results: Are you using any kind of screen protector on your Z10?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • PET / TPU film - clear / gloss

3 75.00%
  • PET / TPU film - matte

1 25.00%
  • PET / TPU film - privacy

0 0%
  • Toughened / Tempered glass

0 0%
  • None

0 0%
    Please DO NOT vote if you have a "built-in" screen protector which is part of a phone case!

Just wanted to do a quick poll to see how many of us are still using a screen protector / tempered glass on their Z10.

Personally, I would not use any device with "Gorilla Glass" without a screen protector because in my experience, they are not tough whatsoever, and they scratch extremely easily. The other reason I use them is because if the phone falls face-down, it's better having the impact write-off the screen protector than crack the glass. If the worst-case scenario happens and the glass does crack, at least it will be held in by the screen protector, and is less likely to cut your fingers.

I remember having an iPhone 4 for two years, both the front screen and back glass became scratched to ****. I only replaced it when the power button broke, so getting a fresh device, straight out the box, I installed screen protectors on both the front and back.

So naturally, I no longer trusted any kind of smartphone glass, "Gorilla Glass" or not.

Then I moved on to the Z10. Did go through about 8 replacements before getting one without any dead or stuck pixels, but when I did, that device has had a screen protector installed since day one, and is the device I am using today.

Since getting it however, I have had to replace the screen protector 4 times (will be 5 soon) over a year. This is because the cheap Chinese crappy ones I have aren't actually scratch resistant and scratch become scratched to **** really easily. But better that than having the Z10 glass scratched.
    Contrast that with the crappy Chinese ones I have on my iPhone 4, and these screen protectors have lasted months before actually getting scratched.

So also, if you'd like to chime in and let me know what scratch resistant screen protectors you're using on your Z10, please feel free and do vote in the poll.
    Last edited by Someone7272; 01-19-16 at 07:54 PM.
    01-09-16 09:08 PM
    Me. It still has the original Ghost Armor protector from when I first bought my Z10 almost 3 years ago. The phone looks new.

"A cow pie ain't something you bring to the county fair "
    vag65 likes this.
    01-10-16 11:52 AM
    Nope, I gave up that drug last year.
    01-10-16 01:07 PM
    Me. It still has the original Ghost Armor protector from when I first bought my Z10 almost 3 years ago. The phone looks new.
    Ghost Armor with no scratches after three years? Can you link me to this, preferably shipped to the UK?
    Also, was it difficult to apply without bubbles or dust between the glass and the protector? How did you go about doing this?

Every time I change my screen protector, it wastes three on average because I got it wrong, and installed them improperly.
    01-10-16 03:36 PM
    Me

STL100-4 BB10
    01-10-16 06:27 PM
    I still have my anti glare screen protector on my Z10.

Still on the first screen protector after a year and a half.

I have decided to go for the plastic protector since I prefer to have the anti glare surface. And glass screen protectors only come in clear finishes.

As for the cheap Chinese ones, I have only bought the cheap $2 screen protectors from Ebay, so I can comment that the cheap ones work very well.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 08:03 PM
    Ghost Armor with no scratches after three years? Can you link me to this, preferably shipped to the UK?
    Also, was it difficult to apply without bubbles or dust between the glass and the protector? How did you go about doing this?

Every time I change my screen protector, it wastes three on average because I got it wrong, and installed them improperly.
    I don't think this is something you can do yourself and I don't know if it is available in the UK? I live in Canada and there are Ghost Armor kiosks in malls in Canada and the US. You give them your phone and 30 minutes later you have a screen protector on it. Cost is $20-35 depending on the phone.

Site is ghost-armor.com. Check it out for more info.

"A cow pie ain't something you bring to the county fair "
    01-10-16 11:29 PM
    Still stuck in an otterbox defender case with built in screen protector for last three years with and additional flimsy screen protector underneath as well. Phone looks mint when case is off
    01-11-16 07:47 AM
    Nope.

I want my phone naked so I used liquid nano screen protectors. So far no scratches both Z10 and Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 10:16 AM
    I'm on #2 of my two-pack from Shop CrackBerry. Forget the brand name, but not recommended. Yes, they work, but get grrrr'd up pretty quickly.

Wish I could get the lovely glass protector.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2813
    01-11-16 04:38 PM
    I do. Although it is a cheap chinese screen protector, I have it for more than 6 months and it's doing just fine.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 04:43 PM
    Otterbox defender here phone is still new 2.5 years later

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 05:16 PM
    I do. Although it is a cheap chinese screen protector, I have it for more than 6 months and it's doing just fine.
    I couldn't recommend these because there are a hit and miss... some good quality... most utter rubbish, mine gets scratched within a day even when there's nothing else inside my 'phone pocket'
    01-11-16 07:09 PM
    Still do, still going strong.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 11:37 PM
    I'm still on my original screen protector from when I first got my phone in April '13. Few months ago, I dropped my phone on the street and even though I had a transform case, it landed face first on a rock & there I see what appears to be a small crack. Lifted the screen protector and my screen is fine. I say we'll worth it!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 01:22 AM
    I am Using the built in screen protector of the trident kraken ams...

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 09:35 AM
    I'm still on my original screen protector from when I first got my phone in April '13. Few months ago, I dropped my phone on the street and even though I had a transform case, it landed face first on a rock & there I see what appears to be a small crack. Lifted the screen protector and my screen is fine. I say we'll worth it!
    You got off lucky, if the screen was shattered, you will lose all touch functionality! I'd recommend installing another one. I've found that if it lands face down, it's less likely to shatter the screen if there's a screen protector, but if there's even a small rock raised off the ground... well, you're screwed. At least the screen protector will hold the shattered glass together!

I am Using the built in screen protector of the trident kraken ams...
    What do you mean by built-in one? Do you mean the one that the phone comes with straight out of the box? They're usually awfully applied and therefore are not much use to me.
    01-14-16 09:05 PM
    I don't. I used to put anti-finger print protector on it but it sacrifices the screen quality that's why. I replaced it with the clear one. Sadly, it's impossible not to have a scratch on it like everyday when i put it in my pocket, so i decided not use screen protector anymore. Yeah, it has a fine hair scratches on some part of the screen (when it accidentally falls on the floor) but still it's great.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 08:17 PM
    You got off lucky, if the screen was shattered, you will lose all touch functionality! I'd recommend installing another one. I've found that if it lands face down, it's less likely to shatter the screen if there's a screen protector, but if there's even a small rock raised off the ground... well, you're screwed. At least the screen protector will hold the shattered glass together!

What do you mean by built-in one? Do you mean the one that the phone comes with straight out of the box? They're usually awfully applied and therefore are not much use to me.
    No. The case has the built in one.. no application. It is on the case front cover, like the Otterbox
    defender series.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 03:31 AM
    I am using a Rhino Shield. Unfortunately they are no longer made for Blackberry. When they were discontinuing them for Blackberry, I bought their remaining Z10 screen protectors. I have two in the box and one on the phone.

I began using them when I switched from the flip case to the skin. The scree protector did it job one day and prevented screen damage.

Who's still using screen protectors on their Z10 in 2016?-rhinshield-damage-1024-7214.jpg
    01-16-16 11:48 AM
    No. The case has the built in one.. no application. It is on the case front cover, like the Otterbox
    defender series.
    These don't count because I've used one of these before on my old iPhone 4, never again - dirt trapped between the screen and the built-in "protector" = scratched screen guaranteed!

I am using a Rhino Shield. Unfortunately they are no longer made for Blackberry. When they were discontinuing them for Blackberry, I bought their remaining Z10 screen protectors. I have two in the box and one on the phone.

I began using them when I switched from the flip case to the skin. The scree protector did it job one day and prevented screen damage.
    Interesting. Love the impact mark. Suprised yours has a cutout for the light sensor - all of my cheap crappy chinese ones don't and only have cutouts for the selfie camera.
    PHughes likes this.
    01-19-16 07:52 PM
    These don't count because I've used one of these before on my old iPhone 4, never again - dirt trapped between the screen and the built-in "protector" = scratched screen guaranteed!

Interesting. Love the impact mark. Suprised yours has a cutout for the light sensor - all of my cheap crappy chinese ones don't and only have cutouts for the selfie camera.
    Rhino Shield makes a very good product. It is a shame they no longer make them for Blackberry. They really do a good job protecting the screen from damage.
    01-19-16 10:33 PM
    Rhino Shield makes a very good product. It is a shame they no longer make them for Blackberry. They really do a good job protecting the screen from damage.
    To be honest there are actually very few manufacturers still making accessories for the Z10, cheap chinese screen protectors are the only ones I've been able to find still available.

I have looked into it, and ZAGG and ClearCoat seem to be the only ones, and they're very hard to apply without getting dust under. I will keep looking as I'm running low on the crappy chinese ones.
    PHughes likes this.
    01-22-16 09:11 AM