Just moved to Aalborg,Denmark with my Z30 from Canada. I am with Wind service provider in Canada. international roaming does not work even though I activated it. Since I will stay in Denmark for 14 months I can't find any service provider in Denmark who supports BlackBerry. Shame on you BlackBerry in Canada if you don't have a service provider in Denmark. Because this means I have to switch my Z30 which I love. And this will cost me here in Denmark more than 800$.
    So, my Question is Who provides service for BlackBerry in Denmark?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 05:48 AM
    What?

Just get a new SIM card from a local carrier that has data and you're good to go.
    06-15-14 06:53 AM
    Hi,

Welcome to Denmark. Hope you will enjoy your stay here.

We have 4 major carriers in Denmark: TDC, Telenor, 3 and Telia and a lot of MVNO's using those networks. Your Z10 will be fine on any network.

BlackBerry was introduced very late on the Danish market. TDC started and as far as I know only because they were under the Vodafone contract. RIM was kind of arrogant back then. Later all carriers supported BlackBerry but not so much anymore. I know Telenor officially stops supporting it, but so far updates are being approved. TDC and 3 still supports BlackBerry. I have no knowledge about Telia.

I work with BlackBerry as partner and system integrator. TDC is probably doing the most to support BlackBerry at the moment. They are the largest carrier btw. They just started rolling out their brand new LTE network, but right now Telenor/Telia (they merged their networks) problably has the best network.

You should be able to get a nice package for 100-200 DKK (17-34 USD) per month for some GB of data and possible free call and texts.

Send me a PM if you run into trouble.
    06-16-14 08:41 AM
    Actually I have checked all the service providers, they told me we no more serve BlackBerry for private. Just TDC the provide it for companies.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 10:35 AM
    I know Telenor is pulling the plug on BB. "3" is still testing firmwares etc. and so are TDC. But you will hardly find any support from any carriers due to the very poor sale of BB10 devices in Denmark.

BIS was originally targeted for SOHO market, but was (almost) never sold. The reason was, that RIM did not want to add Danish language and dictionaries to BB OS <4.5 and TDC wanted that before selling to private customers. When it finally arrived iOS was soon after released and was much more appealing. So the private customer segment was never targeted and I never know of anybody having a BlackBerry outside a company.

There is very little to "serve". BB10 works as any other smartphone on the network but you will have a hard time getting any support from the carriers - no matter if you are private or corporate customer.

But I'm here for you :-)
    06-16-14 04:24 PM
    To clarify, you have only one constraint. Your Z30 must be unlocked so it can use a SIM from any network. Once this is done BB10 devices do NOT need special service support. You need a micro-SIM with standard cellular service and internet data provided. The phone should work on any SIM/service supporting Android or Windows Phone. Provided you have the correct SIM size (same for both phones) you can take one SIM and use it alternating days in a Samsung Android device and a Blackberry Q10/Z10/Z30.

My advice if they say they don't support BlackBerry is to say "OK, sell me a micro SIM for my Android phone". Pay, put the package in your pocket and adjourn to the nearest coffee shop where you can sit in comfort and install the SIM in your BlackBerry Z30.
    06-21-14 04:43 AM
    Or even better, buy the sim for your "android", take out your BlackBerry and install the sim in the shop.
    06-21-14 05:13 AM
    Well 3 they have it, but they will charge 130 DKK extra for the BIS service. In other words if I get the 10GB 4G plan I will end up paying 330 DKK almost 66$. I think this is too much money in Denmark.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 01:48 AM
    Why do you want Bis on a bb10 phone?
    06-22-14 02:05 AM
    By the way, 10gb for 66dollars is not expensive in Europe .
    06-22-14 02:06 AM
    Just take take *any* SIM with a dataplan and you are good to go.

Working with this business I can tell you the average user in Denmark uses about 0.8GB / month, so go and find a subscription with about 1-2 GB/month and make sure they don't charge you for excessive usage, but just throttles the connection.

You should be fine spending 100-160 DKK/month incl free texting and calling.

https://www.cbb.dk/ - Telenor network but no LTE
    https://www.telmore.dk/mobil - TDC network. Optional LTE when buying extra data for DKK 20/month.

Off you go and have a great time and don't worry so much!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 02:42 AM
    No BIS available for BlackBerry OS 10 Devices. You also don't need it.... only simple simcard with Dataplan....BlackBerry Infrastructure you can see with little symbol next your networksymbol....

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 04:26 AM