Just found out that you can use your volume key to take a picture... hold it to focus, release and it snaps. shot!!! Cool thought id share. Sorry if repost..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ikalinin; 06-06-13 at 12:37 PM.
    06-06-13 12:26 PM
    Really?
    I definitely didn't know that.

*runs off to test*
    06-06-13 12:28 PM
    well the volume buttons for sure work for taking a picture! Cool find!

How did you do the zoom you were talking about? Long press/hold doesn't do anything for me
    06-06-13 12:32 PM
    Just found out that you can use your volume key to take a picture... hold it to zoom, release and it snaps. shot!!! Cool thought id share. Sorry if repost..

Posted via CB10
    On mine, any "press" of a volume key snaps a picture - there is no "zoom" function with the volume keys, and it's not "press and release". Can anyone else confirm?
    06-06-13 12:36 PM
    well the volume buttons for sure work for taking a picture! Cool find!

How did you do the zoom you were talking about? Long press/hold doesn't do anything for me
    oops, I wrote zoom, but I meant focus. I edited the post.
    06-06-13 12:37 PM
    I don't see him talking about zoom he mentions that if you hold it down it will focus.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 12:39 PM
    On mine, any "press" of a volume key snaps a picture - there is no "zoom" function with the volume keys, and it's not "press and release". Can anyone else confirm?
    so, I just did it again, and it also just snaps picture.. doesn't do the focus anymore.. maybe its night mode w/ flash. I have it set to auto, and it was doing it last night when I was snapping some shots in the garage.
    06-06-13 12:40 PM
    yes, just went to a dark room, and you can hold it, and you can press it.. it does the same thing.. it turns on the led, focuses, and snaps a shot.. so the delay was in night mode, but you don't have to hold it. i'm glad we figured it all out together
    06-06-13 12:43 PM
    Mine does not focus when pressing and holding. It instantly takes a picture when pressing it regardless if the camera has found focus or not.

And yeah I've been using the volume button to take pictures some time now. It is more comfortable and helps holding steadier in low-light situations.
    06-06-13 12:43 PM
    Mine does not focus when pressing and holding. It instantly takes a picture when pressing it regardless if the camera has found focus or not.

And yeah I've been using the volume button to take pictures some time now. It is more comfortable and helps holding steadier in low-light situations.
    What if you don't push the button all the way?
    06-06-13 12:49 PM
    Thanks Ikalinin. It will help me a lot even though the pictures I take will still suck. Of course that you know that holding the up-down volume at the same time take a snap of what is on your screen right? This information from older posts...
    06-06-13 12:50 PM
    What if you don't push the button all the way?
    There is no "half press state" on the volume buttons such as real camera buttons have. They are either pressed or not.
    06-06-13 12:52 PM
    so, I just did it again, and it also just snaps picture.. doesn't do the focus anymore.. maybe its night mode w/ flash. I have it set to auto, and it was doing it last night when I was snapping some shots in the garage.
    Agree. I knew it snapped a pic, but that's all mine does. No focus; press and it snaps a picture immediately. I'm on 10.1.
    I'll try night mode when I have a chance.
    06-06-13 12:55 PM
    There is no "half press state" on the volume buttons such as real camera buttons have. They are either pressed or not.
    OK. My torch convenience key works that way. I don't think it really has a half press either.
    06-06-13 01:05 PM
    I don't think it really has a half press either.
    It does.
    rasmadrak likes this.
    06-06-13 01:09 PM
    Works to record vids too

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 05:45 PM
    I believe I saw a video where they took a picture while recording a video.
    06-06-13 05:52 PM
    I believe I saw a video where they took a picture while recording a video.
    I might have heard a podcast where they ran a movie of someone taking a picture while recording a video...

...or maybe I just read it in the paper... ;-)
    06-06-13 05:58 PM
    Just found out that you can use your volume key to take a picture... hold it to focus, release and it snaps. shot!!! Cool thought id share. Sorry if repost..

Posted via CB10
    No ****, Sherlock.
    06-06-13 06:13 PM
    Old news posted about it way back in Feb

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:25 PM
    Old news posted about it way back in Feb

Posted via CB10

Obviously not everyone knows about it so it doesn't hurt with a thread about it every once in awhile.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 06:01 AM
    I might have heard a podcast where they ran a movie of someone taking a picture while recording a video...

...or maybe I just read it in the paper... ;-)
    I actually might swear I managed it myself once while playing with the camera. Just could not reproduce it. And now after all I am not so sure if I did not simply take the screen shot of the camera app in action...
    06-07-13 06:14 AM
    I actually might swear I managed it myself once while playing with the camera. Just could not reproduce it. And now after all I am not so sure if I did not simply take the screen shot of the camera app in action...
    Isnt that the same thing? You get the same results. And the guy is talking about a competitors phone without name dropping.
    06-07-13 06:31 AM
    Press middle button to focus in between volume up and volume down.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 07:13 AM
    Press middle button to focus in between volume up and volume down.

Posted via CB10
    All that does is open up the voice command, does absolutely nothing else.

But yes pressing up or down volume allows you to take a pic rather than having to press the screen. Handy tip to know.
    06-07-13 07:19 AM
34 12