My office told me that our company servers are ready for Blackberry 10 and that I just need to make sure appropriate data plan is on my account when I go with a new carrier.
    T-Mobile CS keeps insisting that all their plans are just one, and that all I have to do is just go to device and add Enterprise account. It sounds inaccurate to me that it will magically work with BES server without carrier having to do anything.

Has anyone gotten a new T-Mobile plan and added BES to the service? I tried to explain to the CS Rep that they should just consider as if I am buying a 9900 and that I want to add BES on top of it.. She kept insisting they "simplified everything" and that there is only one service covering everything..
    03-27-13 10:37 PM
    They do only have one plan now (I had a really old bb minutes and more plan) I would refer you to this article:

No you dont need bis plan blackberry 10 phones

More specifically:

Update: Rogers contacted us and told us that for BB10 devices you don't even need a BES plan to connect to BES10 - only older BBOS devices require a BES.
    03-27-13 11:27 PM
    They do only have one plan now (I had a really old bb minutes and more plan) I would refer you to this article:

No you dont need bis plan blackberry 10 phones

More specifically:
    I am definitely aware of above, however yes we do need BES for BES10 services. I got a hold of someone with experience at T-Mobile and they were able to add BES to my plan for $5 difference ($25 instead of $20 for Regular unlimited data).
    03-28-13 01:25 PM
    My office told me that our company servers are ready for Blackberry 10 and that I just need to make sure appropriate data plan is on my account when I go with a new carrier.
    T-Mobile CS keeps insisting that all their plans are just one, and that all I have to do is just go to device and add Enterprise account. It sounds inaccurate to me that it will magically work with BES server without carrier having to do anything.

Has anyone gotten a new T-Mobile plan and added BES to the service? I tried to explain to the CS Rep that they should just consider as if I am buying a 9900 and that I want to add BES on top of it.. She kept insisting they "simplified everything" and that there is only one service covering everything..
    I did have an issue with the classic unlimited data plan I had used for years with my iPhones 4/5 and Android devices and when I bought my new z10, I could not for the life of me get my BBM functions to work my existing classic unlimited data plan? When friends would send me invites, I would never receive them? Once I switched my account over to the Blackberry unlimited adat plan, my BBM functions started working and all my invites showed up? Just going by what I experienced.
    03-28-13 01:42 PM
    Well, I was able to add BES like I mentioned above, but now it turns out my company is still stuck at EAS. Now I have to call carrier and cancel BES plan until BES10 is active at my company...
    03-28-13 04:26 PM
    I had a RIM Rep tell me that no BES service with the carrier was needed about a week before the bes10 announcement.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 08:58 PM
    Actually I know bes service isn't needed. Bes10 supports playbooks. Most playbooks are wifi only. Additionally, ios and android devices are supported on bes10, you can't get a bes service with those devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 09:01 PM
    Well, I was able to add BES like I mentioned above, but now it turns out my company is still stuck at EAS. Now I have to call carrier and cancel BES plan until BES10 is active at my company...
    Sorry to hear your IT group are inept. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 can be installed and configured with the first user activated approximately 15 minutes later assuming the BES administrator wants to review and deploy the Default IT Policy. Even configuring Microsoft Exchange Server to use ActiveSync is trivial.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-28-13 10:13 PM
    My boss told me it's actually a leased server from rackspace. Apparently they rely on rackspace to provide the services.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 10:22 PM
    I'll be receiving my Z10 tomorrow and when I ordered it last Friday my TMO corp rep said I can keep my existing BES/BIS plan.

Our company uses a hosted BES service through a company called SMARSH out of Seattle I believe.

I guess I need to contact them and see if they have BES10 employed yet.

I'm still confused on the BIS situation though. Does it not exist anymore and was the TMO rep wrong when he told me not to change my plan? Do I indeed now need to substitute a data plan instead of the old TMO BES/BIS plan?

TIA
    04-01-13 07:22 AM
    If your company supports BES10, keep bis/bes device with tmo.
    You don't need bis anymore as it doesn't work with BlackBerry, it's just coupled with bes in carrier plan.
    FYR, now tmo charges $5 more for bes.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:30 AM
    If your company supports BES10, keep bis/bes device with tmo.
    You don't need bis anymore as it doesn't work with BlackBerry, it's just coupled with bes in carrier plan.
    FYR, now tmo charges $5 more for bes.

Ok thanks.

So do I still have unlimited data as I'll still be on the BES?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:58 AM
    So do I still have unlimited data as I'll still be on the BES?
    It depends, if you keep your old grandfathered plan, it will remain as what it was before, if it was unlimited it will be unlimited
    If it was capped, it will be capped.
    The new plan requires changes to both voice and data, and honestly if you are paying same or more than $70, I'd say go switch to new plan unlimited everything for $70 and BES for $5 more.
    04-01-13 10:02 AM
    It depends, if you keep your old grandfathered plan, it will remain as what it was before, if it was unlimited it will be unlimited
    If it was capped, it will be capped.
    The new plan requires changes to both voice and data, and honestly if you are paying same or more than $70, I'd say go switch to new plan unlimited everything for $70 and BES for $5 more.

My all plan was uncapped DATA and 1000 mins voice.

I'm paying over $100 for those 1000 minutes/BES-BIS plan presently so I should switch then.

My company does NOT require us to be on BES anymore so unless there are some extraordinary features on BES10 worth my than $30 I think I need to switch.

THX again!
    04-01-13 11:15 AM
    My all plan was uncapped DATA and 1000 mins voice.

I'm paying over $100 for those 1000 minutes/BES-BIS plan presently so I should switch then.

My company does NOT require us to be on BES anymore so unless there are some extraordinary features on BES10 worth my than $30 I think I need to switch.

THX again!
    If your company does not require BES, that means they are not even ready for BES10. They may not require, but if they have BES10, you should take advantage of it. Otherwise, ActiveSync works fine, but now I don't know if the sucky features or lack of features or issues I am having are because of ActiveSync (not having BES) or if they would be same if I had BES10.. Otherwise Exchange A.S. is OK...
    04-01-13 11:46 AM
    If your company does not require BES, that means they are not even ready for BES10. They may not require, but if they have BES10, you should take advantage of it. Otherwise, ActiveSync works fine, but now I don't know if the sucky features or lack of features or issues I am having are because of ActiveSync (not having BES) or if they would be same if I had BES10.. Otherwise Exchange A.S. is OK...

As previously mentioned our small firm uses a HOSTED BES service through a co. by the name of SMARSH. I'm trying to find out through our IT person if SMARSH is/will be on BES 10. So they synching of email/contacts/calendars then should not be a problem on BES obviously. I need to read further on the BES10 features and updates to see what type of extra bells/whistles I'll be entitled to.
    04-01-13 01:24 PM
    Does BES allow PlayBook to still function as it did before I switched from my 9780 to the Z10?
    04-14-13 04:47 AM