How have you liked the Z10 so far? What do you miss? What don't you miss? I know there arent as many apps now, but I have been keeping track of what I do on my device recently and feel that I won't miss ios so much. I am on AT&T if that helps any.

The screen isnt too big on the z10 and it isnt too small. I am just growing tired of the ios system, and having an ipad also helps out the fact that I wont miss too much. I already have plans to add an aux cable to my aftermarket stereo and get the music gateway. Also need to get a different proclip mount. Looking at the oem transform hard shell. That and a spigen screen protector. Hoping music controls are as good, if not better than ios since I use my phone as my workout music device. I have bluetooth headphones for that and a headset, so after the gateway, it will have three registered devices(which im fine with)
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-15-13 02:12 PM
    Apps: I have several apps that I consider essential: HanDBase, eWallet and my Nike+ app. I also don't like the desktop Link software that takes hours to sync several playlists, I know I can just drag music into my SD card but I have lots of music and several playlists and it will be a pain to make playlists from scratch.
    I am an active person and really like my Nike+ app plus a couch to 10k app. Currently, there is no Nike+ app (even ported ones) for the Z10 (no, I don't want the NTC app), and whatever running-training apps are in the BB app store are quite dismal compared to the ones in the iOS.

My biggest gripe with the current BB10 system is that a lot of good apps are mainly Android ports so they don't run as smoothly and fast as a native app. If I really want to run an Android ported app in my BBZ10, might as well get an Android phone (which I have tried several times last year but I just don't like Android).

So now, I am reconsidering going back to my iPhone 5 and wait a few months to see if the BB10 ecosystem improves.
    mousmah likes this.
    04-15-13 02:36 PM
    I should be fine without a starbucks app. I can just keep the card in my wallet/bring it with me only when I need it. There seem to be a couple sports score apps that seem to meet my needs. definitely not exact, but I can still get scores.
    04-15-13 03:02 PM
    I switch to the z10 from the iPhone 5. And I don't miss or regret the switch at all. I too have an iPad which has made the switch easier. The apps I found haven't been a problem, not as much as I'd think anyway. The hub makes up for any short coming the z10 may have. Being able to reply to 100+ texts, emails, messages, tags, posts, mentions, twits etc from one place has not only saved me time but its made me more productive.

@DocGo - I've actually found that the link software works well, all I have to do is make my playlist on iTunes and they can be dragged on to my phone. I do agree that syncing does take a while, but it takes just as long on my iPad and iPod, alittle longer then my iPhone 5.

I understand your problem with apps, I too have ran into android apps, but they don't bug me that much I still have my iPad with me everyday almost all day if I really need to use a app that's not on bb10. Android ports have there pros and cons, but if it wasn't for the android runtime bb10 may have 50-60,000 native apps if not less. Due to it we went from 45,000 native to 80,000 native apps. Because some developers tested the platform with a port and seen the response and quickly released a native app. It seems bad now, but when bb10 can run jelly bean the apps will work better.

@OP, I wouldn't switch back to iPhone if they paid me to.
    teafordgang and Net_Surfer like this.
    04-15-13 03:44 PM
    helped 2 more friends switch today 1 was an iPhone 5 user the other had a Lumia 920 and both absolutley love their Z10s. I sat down for over an hour helping them get their phones set up how they wanted them and showing them how to navigate it quickly. Also showed them some sidloads available that they thought was pretty cool. So 2 more happy BB converts.
    bigbadben10, jrohland and SDTRMG like this.
    04-15-13 04:02 PM
    For those of you that did switch, how did you get your contacts, emails, etc. off of the iphone and onto the BlackBerry? A friend is switching to a Bold 9900 from the iphone 4 and wants to know how to transfer information. please and thanks
    04-15-13 04:38 PM
    i switched from a 4S. i don't miss the iPhone one bit, in fact every time my nephews come over and i play with there iPod, i swipe up thinking it will be closing an app, lol. I absolutely love the hub and flow the quickness and browser. but i do wish some things were better, for example i rather go back to the hub when i swipe back instead of the last thing i used and then swipe again to get to the hub. also but everyone says this and i know it will get there eventually, they need bigger name apps like big bank apps, Citi, Chase BOA. but i can get by for now using the mobile sites with the z10 browser.
    SDTRMG and lsf222 like this.
    04-15-13 05:07 PM
    ... I absolutely love the hub and flow the quickness and browser. but i do wish some things were better, for example i rather go back to the hub when i swipe back instead of the last thing i used and then swipe again to get to the hub. ...
    Check out this video posted by Kevin. He found a shortcut for that.
    SDTRMG and cheech73 like this.
    04-15-13 06:18 PM
    Came from the 4S and I don't regret it one bit - love the hub and the gesture based OS.

I don't have a *huge* need for apps, but I wish more of the apps were native and not slower Android ports like DocGo suggested.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-15-13 06:21 PM
    Check out this video posted by Kevin. He found a shortcut for that.
    Awesome thanks exactly what I was talking about.
    04-15-13 06:31 PM
    I came from the iPhone 4 as my daily driver. I can say this without a doubt I love the z10. Yes there are apps that are yet not for bb10 or may not ever be but the question you must really ask is how many apps do you really use on a daily basis. I cannot say there are enough apps that I need to stay with iOS. The screen size on the z10 is perfect and the resolution is incredible. The processor speed and let are a great plus. As for build quality I love over my galaxy note and on par imo with ios devices. The keyboard definitely is just as good as a device keyboard that was on the bold 9000 which I love. The hub is a great idea which helps make it stand out from the ready and helps get things done. As for android comparison still love the ability to swipe down to enable or disable certain features. So here's to a great device that more than holds its own.
    cman5 and SDTRMG like this.
    04-15-13 06:56 PM
    I should be fine without a starbucks app. I can just keep the card in my wallet/bring it with me only when I need it. There seem to be a couple sports score apps that seem to meet my needs. definitely not exact, but I can still get scores.
    I use an Android port called Starbucks Card Quick Pay. It's pretty no-frills, but it works well. You program in your card once, and it shows your barcode so the barrista cam scan it. Give it a try!

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and dmoore228 like this.
    04-15-13 07:02 PM
    For those of you that did switch, how did you get your contacts, emails, etc. off of the iphone and onto the BlackBerry? A friend is switching to a Bold 9900 from the iphone 4 and wants to know how to transfer information. please and thanks
    All I did was add my iCloud contacts, email, and calendar and it added them all to my z10.
    soulenigma likes this.
    04-15-13 07:18 PM
    at the release and presentation..Vivek was showing that
    04-15-13 08:18 PM
    I have switched from 4s I don't miss any game cause I don't play..I don't need a whole lots of it...Banking, weather that's about it
    dmoore228 likes this.
    04-15-13 08:21 PM

I had to o_0
    04-15-13 08:24 PM
    Came from an iPhone 5 as well. Like many I had been waiting for this phone and it hasn't let me down one bit. I'm on Verizon so I do experience some random rebooting but not enough to really bother me. I'm not an app person so that hasn't been a problem either. The hub and keyboard are so awesome I don't see myself switching back.

Posted via CB10
    cman5 likes this.
    04-15-13 08:47 PM
    Came from an iPhone 5 as well. Like many I had been waiting for this phone and it hasn't let me down one bit. I'm on Verizon so I do experience some random rebooting but not enough to really bother me. I'm not an app person so that hasn't been a problem either. The hub and keyboard are so awesome I don't see myself switching back.

Posted via CB10
    Are you guys for real? Random booting is not acceptable..... It's 2013 not 2003.

In fact phones in 2003 where pretty stable.

Did your Iphone reboot randomly? Didn't think so.

Verizon needs to get the update out to you guys ASAP.
    xweb10 likes this.
    04-15-13 08:54 PM
    I love the Z10 so far and feel good about my decision to switch from iOS. I enjoyed my iPhone as well, but, like you, I have an iPad and began feeling like iOS was getting sorta stale and monotonous for me.

Things I is the most:

1.) Fully functioning Tumblr app
    2.) Instapaper
    3.) Flipboard

Having all of these on my iPad, however, makes it not as big of a deal.

I love having the indicator light again, the live tiles, and surprised myself with how quickly I adapted to the consolidated Hub (I didn't think I would like all of my messages in one place).

Glitchiness aside, I think this is a wonderful device.
    cman5 and SDTRMG like this.
    04-15-13 08:57 PM
    You can also put barcode cards into Spotcast, not sure if Starbucks cards work.
    04-15-13 09:09 PM
    Came from an iPhone 4 and the Z10 is far better for me, I've loaded a lot of useful apps and find I'm more then happy with what's there now. I never used too many apps on my iPhone but with all the hype over apps and availability I find I started using them more on BlackBerry 10. Sweet phone and no issues really. Biggest pet peeve for me was understanding the contacts linking and I've never experienced a random reboot. My Z10 has been so flawless that it's hard to picture all the glitches others have noted!!

Posted via CB10
    amclanejr likes this.
    04-15-13 09:12 PM
    came from a 5, which was pretty darn smooth. first one had bad battery, second one much better. apps are meh, since i was used to app-less on my 9000. oh and the premium material for sure
    04-15-13 10:04 PM
    Basically the native apps come with Z10 already suit my need on daily basis including File Manager, Remember and the Hub. I don't miss any apps that were downloaded on my previous iPhone 4 because Z10 has made them available like CBC News, The Score, Dictionary, The Weather Network and Whatsapp. The only one I miss is Sound Cloud. However, with the lightning fast browser, I can easily hook up with Sound Cloud on mobile site. The Z10 rocks, helping me type text 5 times faster than I was on iPhone without wrong words. I remember I needed to use backspace multiple times when I was typing a simple 10 words long sentence on the iPhone keyboard Right now when I touch my wife's iPhone 5, I swipe the screen up and realize I go to a wrong place haha. Don't get myself used to touch the Home Button anymore and don't want to look at the stale home screen of iPhone anymore! The browser of Z10 is two times faster than the Safari on iPhone 5 (I tried loading many different Web pages on my Z10 Vs her Safari)! My Z10 runs seamlessly so far (12 days already). Battery life is on par with other smartphone, even longer than my wife's iPhone 5 Mine is 16 hours and hers is maxi 8 hrs given the usage pattern being equal.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    04-15-13 10:08 PM
    How did you add your iCloud contacts, email and calendar items to your z10?
    04-18-13 01:29 AM
    I switched to Z10 from iPhone 4 because of replaceable batteries....
    Justin Howard likes this.
    05-01-13 01:07 AM
28 12