Ok, really...since BlackBerry has stepped back into the game with the Z10, it's competing with the established "big boys" in the industry: Apple iPhone & Android OS devices.

I've read thread after thread from ex BlackBerry users about the device...some good, some bad. But...I want to hear an honest, no BS report com those that have come from one of the other phones to the new BlackBerry Z10, more specifically...

Who has gone from the Apple iPhone 5 to the BlackBerry Z10? Do you regret it or are you satisfied? How do the two compare?
    03-28-13 07:16 AM
    03-28-13 07:24 AM
    i have. dont regret it AT ALL. there is NO OTHER PHONE better than blackberry, and while your typical time killing apps arent all available YET, they will be. this OS is amazing, keyboard is amazing and i KNOW their updates to the OS and available apps will be just as amazing.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-28-13 07:25 AM
    I have. I do not regret it, I like the Z10 better altough the iPhone 5 is by no means a bad phone at all. If you generally like the iPhone you will likely be happy with the Z10. Name specific areas of interest for you and Ill give my opinion.
    03-28-13 07:27 AM
    Well I have and come from an I phone 5 so I can give you my feedback=

-Software is a must
    -Keyboard is really better than I phone
    -how contact hub swipe works is so good
    Wait and see for some new features!

The only things put me back sometimes to my I phone is some apps...

That's all

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:29 AM
    That thread turned into a fanboy crap-fest. Not what I'm after. Does ANYBODY have an objective, intelligent comparison?
    03-28-13 07:31 AM
    What exactly do you want compared? I can tell you my opinion about the various aspects but you have to name what is important for you.
    03-28-13 07:34 AM
    Went from Iphone 5 to BB10 - back to Iphone 5 after two weeks.

Issues (FOR ME) -

• Nobody (in my circle) on BBM anymore - Most on Ios
    • I find the device slows me down from a communciations point of view. Takes more steps to do the same on Ios. Example - Deleting an e-mail - on IOS - finger swipe on the e-mail to the left - hit delete.
    • No e-mail preview - need to open
    • No popup banner notification
    • Apps - some - miss the GPS navigation and found I was still using my Iphone for that. I'm sure this will get better.
    • Battery life

What I liked:

• New OS
    • App Tiles
    • Blinking red light
    • Device Build

I might be back once the OS matures.....but for now still have my Iphone 5.

For e-mail - once again for me - my 9700/9900 was the best. Miss BIS/BES e-mail compression. Now that BB10 is activesync it's the same as IOS/Android/MS

Cheers
    taz323 and 8lackberry8 like this.
    03-28-13 07:39 AM
    What exactly do you want compared? I can tell you my opinion about the various aspects but you have to name what is important for you.
    Battery life, how quickly push emails come through (gmail and exchange), call volume/reception
    03-28-13 07:41 AM
    Battery life, how quickly push emails come through (gmail and exchange), call volume/reception
    Battery life is, in my perception, on par with the iPhone 5, which is not great either. I get through the day without a problem, mainly doing calls and emails. Probably a different story if you game and watch videos a lot but thats not different on the iPhone. You wont be worse off at least.

Push mail via exchange comes though as fast or faster as with the iphone, almost instantly, sometimes faster than on my (new) laptop using outlook. I do not use gmail so I can not judge on that but since they use the active sync protocol, my guess is that it will be fast as well. Downside of the Z10 in regards to email: you can only sync the past 30 days max for now. I am fairly certain that this will change in a future software update but right now its a bit annoying, provided you rely heavily on email like I do.

Call reception is very good, better than on the iPhone for me. Calls work well, other person sounds really clear, better than on iPhone. Loudness is OK when holding the phone to your ear but if you use it in speaker mode (hands free on the desk or in a car) it could really be a bit louder. Likewise the speaker is not too good with loud music.
    03-28-13 07:53 AM
    I went from an Iphone 5 to a BlackBerry Z10! I love it!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:55 AM
    I HAD an iPhone 5; it lasted a week. Just saying...
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-28-13 08:26 AM
    Battery life is, in my perception, on par with the iPhone 5, which is not great either. I get through the day without a problem, mainly doing calls and emails. Probably a different story if you game and watch videos a lot but thats not different on the iPhone. You wont be worse off at least.

Push mail via exchange comes though as fast or faster as with the iphone, almost instantly, sometimes faster than on my (new) laptop using outlook. I do not use gmail so I can not judge on that but since they use the active sync protocol, my guess is that it will be fast as well. Downside of the Z10 in regards to email: you can only sync the past 30 days max for now. I am fairly certain that this will change in a future software update but right now its a bit annoying, provided you rely heavily on email like I do.

Call reception is very good, better than on the iPhone for me. Calls work well, other person sounds really clear, better than on iPhone. Loudness is OK when holding the phone to your ear but if you use it in speaker mode (hands free on the desk or in a car) it could really be a bit louder. Likewise the speaker is not too good with loud music.
    Awesome info really appreciate it. Last question though, I use outlook (exchange) for work. BB10 limits us to a 30 day sync is that only for the inbox? If I make folders in my inbox and have emails in there longer than 30 days am I ok? This sounds dumb but this could be a deal breaker for me. I am a mortgage consultant and typically have to recall emails 70-90 days old.
    03-28-13 11:34 AM
    I went from My Verizon 64GB iPhone 5 to a Black Verizon Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:36 AM
    Awesome info really appreciate it. Last question though, I use outlook (exchange) for work. BB10 limits us to a 30 day sync is that only for the inbox? If I make folders in my inbox and have emails in there longer than 30 days am I ok? This sounds dumb but this could be a deal breaker for me. I am a mortgage consultant and typically have to recall emails 70-90 days old.
    I just checked with some exchange folders. You are out of luck (for now). My oldest emails shown in any of these folders are from the 28th of February, exactly one month old (although there are older mails in the actual folder on the server). So until BB fixes this, it is fairly annoying.

My only explaination as to why any company would do such (especially one aiming for the business customer) is that they wanted to reduce syncing load and database size until they had worked out potential flaws from the email-related part of the OS. Still, in my opinion, this should have been both tested and fixed before launch.
    03-28-13 11:38 AM
    So glad it is in the rear view mirror. This phone is fruggin awesome. Verizon rep talked it up bet I purchased it and said he was switching. All of the Rep's praised it and I even sold one on my way out. All white Z10 FTW! Bye bye I phone 5 it was almost fun while it lasted.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:50 AM
    I am an ex-iPhone 5 user, too. I even used the iPhone since four years (when I switched from my BlackBerry 9000)
    I have to say that I am a satisfied BlackBerry user again. I did not know how much I missed the notification LED until it flashed again
    Would not go back at all - I'm here to stay. Furthermore I'm very curious what will come with future BB10 updates. Overall I'm very happy.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:59 AM
    I came over from using the iPhone 4 and 5 for the last couple of years and I am not looking back. I am also a Apple computer user which I will never go back to the Microsoft widows world, but thats a different story. Here is my feedback after three weeks with the Blackberry z10:

OS10 TO IOS6: I like the BB Hub where all my information is consolidated in one area, I have learned to like this method and compared to bouncing back and forth in IOS 6, this has saved me allot of time when using the z10 for my daily driver. The swipe functions verus the home button to navigate to me, there is no comparison. I have actually learned to hate the home button on any phone after using the z10 and the swipe and gesture concept. Blackberry flow has also grown on me and having the live tiles available when I need them is a plus.

SCREEN: I have to be honest here and anyone who has used the iPhone 5 with the retina screen will tell you that it's best screen compared to the Samsung Galaxy or LG smartphones, but the z10 screen is sharp, bright and when I zoom in on text, it's sharp and clear to read, this is important to someone who is 57 and wears glasses.

BUILT QUALITY: The z10 is a well built device and feels great in my hand, the iPhone 5 is also a well built device with a metal frame. The z10 is a new product and this one I would like to wait on and review after a 6 month period of heavy use.

CALL QUALITY: In my personal opinion, the BB Z10 wins hands down, I use to have allot of dropped calls on my iPhone 5 and contrary to popular belief, I had also experienced some major software glitches when making calls and hanging up on calls using IOS 6, the iPhone 5 would freeze up during a call and sometimes not hang up properly.

APPS: I am not going to beat a dead horse here, everybody has his or hers's own opinion about apps. I feel I need a couple of apps I used regularly in IOS6 to show up in the OS10 app world and I am not talking about some crummy android ported app, but a native app designed for OS10. I have patience and will give the developers a chance because I know this is a new OS.

VALUE: Ok, I will not try and offend anyone out there, but this is MY personal assessment. The z10 pricing is a little high at this point, wait!!! I am only saying this because remember Blackberry is trying to rebuild it's name here. You are going to have to have something more then just a new OS to "wow" them with and I feel if the device would have come in below the 500 dollar mark, it would sell like hotcakes. I know folks will say, cheaper doesn't mean better and I am not talking cheaper here, I am talking COMPETITIVE PRICING WITH VALUE ADDED FEATURES, remember the market is dominated here by you know who? A device like the z10 with all it has to offer at $499.00, it's a no brainer. Just my opinion.

This is just my input based off what I have experienced over the last three weeks using the BB z10, I welcome anyone else's opinion who used the iPhone 5 as their daly driver for a long period of time as I did. I love sharing my opinions and user experiences with all the great people on the CB z10 forums because that is the entire reason the forum was developed in the first place.
    jyuan, yajur, 8lackberry8 and 1 others like this.
    03-28-13 12:38 PM
    Well maybe it turned to an apple funboy crap bc the iphone 5 may be better.... The problem here is that you want to hear what you want to hear...
    05-07-13 07:10 AM
    Only thing the iphone is better at is tracking your everything you do!

Zed10 and it's the shizznitts..
    05-07-13 07:45 AM
    I switched from I5 and haven't missed it for even a second. My Z10 isnt perfect but it's by far the best phone I've ever owned.

Posted via CB10
    d3rd and hazarder like this.
    05-07-13 08:08 AM
    what a disaster. Thought this iphone 5 was much more but is has showed me even less.Got many people saying its good for games and apps, dont you mean a game and a bit of an app.. with this battery!!?? My single ply last longer! If i am on a cliff taking photos of a magnificent view with a friend and my pics come out better and I want to send it then and there via bluetooth, well that`s my prerogative. Apple you have the aesthetics from the iphone 5. you greatly have to put something better and worth the money inside!

Disappointed
    Gavin P
    06-08-13 04:15 PM
    I switched from the iPhone 5 and haven't looked back. This was supposed to be my "second phone" but the iPhone had played second fiddle to my z10 since I got it. I think the camera on the iPhone 5 is better and the retina display is better but those two things don't keep me from using the z10 as my primary device. I believe that the apps will come as the BlackBerry phones gain popularity. I still love my iPhone but it has really gotten boring and stale.

Posted via CB10
    TheHK likes this.
    06-08-13 04:28 PM
    I switched from the iPhone 5 and haven't looked back. This was supposed to be my "second phone" but the iPhone had played second fiddle to my z10 since I got it. I think the camera on the iPhone 5 is better and the retina display is better but those two things don't keep me from using the z10 as my primary device. I believe that the apps will come as the BlackBerry phones gain popularity. I still love my iPhone but it has really gotten boring and stale.

Posted via CB10
    Idk about the camera, but I definitely know the Z display is WAY better. 356ppi and the brightness level is much higher as well. I always mess around with my coworkers I5 ,I compared the screens, the Z is a clear winner in that area.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-08-13 04:31 PM
    Idk about the camera, but I definitely know the Z display is WAY better. 356ppi and the brightness level is much higher as well. I always mess around with my coworkers I5 ,I compared the screens, the Z is a clear winner in that area.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    To each his own. I think they're close. The z10 is solid for the first iteration. It's only gonna get better.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 04:47 PM
52 123