.... and replied to the text, after which I went to finish my email and it was gone.

I checked all applicable folders (Draft, Trash, Hub, etc) and nowhere to be found. I even logged onto my email (yahoo) with another device to see if it had been saved there by chance. I really need it back - I know I should have saved the draft periodically, but I've become accustomed to the OS automatically saving text and email drafts.

Any thoughts on retrieving it?

Also, I know the exact time it happened, is there any way to see what was going on at the screen at that time?

Thanks in advance.

Z10 STL100-3, 10.3.1.1865
    06-26-15 12:07 AM
    Bump hope someone else can help you at this matter

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2252 | CB Mod
    DanoD likes this.
    06-26-15 02:10 AM
    So I tried replicating the situation by sending myself an email from another device while composing an email, and clicked on the update at the top of the screen when it arrived.

I was then able to go back to my original email without having saved it. I don't know if this is possible with texts though, I'll try later when I can get someone to text me...in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions if there is a way to get back the email I appear to have lost?

Thanks!
    06-26-15 02:41 PM
    If you go to that email accounts tab in your hub, does it not show it as a draft? Most likely it will be in green font in your hub. I know that's what happens with me when I'm composing an email and have to leave it for whatever reason.
    06-26-15 02:47 PM
    That's the problem, it's not visible in either the email tabs or Hub as the green writing icon, nor is it in the Drafts folder or Trash.

I even went into my account on another device to see if it had been saved there (the phone communicates very well to one of my email accounts, but not so well with the other, which is this one; however, even if a draft didn't show up on the email server, it would always be visible on the phone email tab). This has never been a problem before, but then again, I can't remember answering a text from the drop down alert before while writting an email, is this a known bug?

It's like it never existed, like it did a full Keyser S�ze... I'm just really hoping that someone has some insight on how to get into the internals of the phone's file structure and see if it's available there, or, as I know the exact time of the incident, track the file that way...
    06-26-15 03:02 PM
    Simple. HUB > Draft should appear. By any way fro usiversal search you can type subject or a specific word contained on the email to get back to it .

.... and replied to the text, after which I went to finish my email and it was gone.

I checked all applicable folders (Draft, Trash, Hub, etc) and nowhere to be found. I even logged onto my email (yahoo) with another device to see if it had been saved there by chance. I really need it back - I know I should have saved the draft periodically, but I've become accustomed to the OS automatically saving text and email drafts.

Any thoughts on retrieving it?

Also, I know the exact time it happened, is there any way to see what was going on at the screen at that time?

Thanks in advance.

Z10 STL100-3, 10.3.1.1865
    06-28-15 04:49 PM
    +1 to this problem. Also tapped an incoming SMS... has this been reported to BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 11:39 AM
    I'm pretty sure I've already been in this situation and not had this problem, but I can't say for sure. I'll try to replicate sometime.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-12-15 12:31 PM