Hello everybody, I want to express my thought (and concern) about the promotion of BlackBerry 10 worldwide.

I love BlackBerry and the BlackBerry Z10 is BOOM but... how are they willing to "spend 1 billion dollars in marketing?"

Let's take my country as example: Italy.

I mean, in Italy this phone has had ZERO promotion, if not a little promos on a few websites, and it's a shame because my Z10 keeps blowing everyone's mind when I show it off but they didn't even know it existed before they'd seen it from me!!!!

How does BBRY think this device will be successful if they aren't (in my opinion, but I think everyone can agree) trying to make people aware of its existence?!?!

Don't misunderstand me, I know that they're promoting it in the USA, or kind of: The Super Bowl ad, newspapers ads, carrier ads, etc but... do you think it's being done in the right way? And why do you think they aren't putting more effort in the worldwide promotion of this awesome device?

Dear BBRY, you should start TEASING (sorry for the shouting) people using the Z10 and Q10: TV commercials, hang billboards somewhere, give a few units to the most influential radio stations so they can do giveaways.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 02:19 AM
    The problem about talking about worldwide promotion is that, unless you're spending a significant amout of time in other countries watching TV, reading newspapers and wandering around looking at billboards, then you can't judge what's being done in different territories.

I'm not saying you're wrong. It seems like a major let down in the Italian market.

Just a question though: Could it not be the local BlackBerry locations who are responsible for adverising in their territories? I understand that the look of the promotion is supposed to be centralised now, but is it not (for example) BlackBerry UK who decide how to push forward in their location, and BlackBerry Canada in theirs, and BlackBerry US in theirs?

The reason I mention this is that I have a foothold in 2 countries. And while not as heavily promoted in France, I have seen TV ads and cinema ads here. While BlackBerry UK is spending a lot more on TV ads (not sure about cinema), cos I've seen loads of adverts on UK TV.

There may also be that thing of 'how important has BlackBerry been in a territory before'... would it be easier to concentrate on the more well established markets for BlackBerry first, before pushing harder in markets which haven't been so lucrative for the company.

The thing is, we'll probably not know until the local BlackBerry entities are asked directly.

Si.
    06-24-13 02:38 AM
    In my home town there is advertising every were on bus stops to shopping mall posters advertising the q10 and z10.

But it's the first time I have ever seen a blackberry poster in my area hope it continues and people buy them cause there fantastic devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 03:08 AM
    Here also in qatar there is good adverstising. On taxis buses billboards displaystands supermarket.

Yesterday one customer looked at my flip shell and asked where he could get one.

Its good.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 03:14 AM