This is an area in which I believe BlackBerry could get help, with little spending. Watching the video comparisons for the Z10 online is a strange and frustrating experience. Invariably, the iPhone 5 wins these YouTube comparisons, narrated by some pseudo tech geek, while completely ignoring the things the Z10 can do that the iPhone can't.

I can somewhat understand this. People ate familiar with the iPhone, and probably don't spend much time with the Z10 before making these videos. Still, there are almost no videos out there putting forth the Z10 as superior, when, in many ways it is. Someone should really put together a high quality video comparison, showing in real time, how much faster it is the use the Z10, moving in and out of apps, closing running apps, running media in one app while switching to another app, playing it, leaving both doing their thing while you check you messages, etc. The iPhone gets left in the dust in this area.

I won't go on and on, but it's a shock to me that BlackBerry haven't had anyone put such videos up online. This is an age of unconventional advertising and marketing. Companies can't simply rely of standard approaches. I for one could not sit down while my company was being thrashed online and in the press, in many ways unfairly.

I don't own an iPhone, but I've tried the iphone 5 and had plenty of friendly battles with friends, and in the end they all say they are impressed and had no clue. Can anyone share their thoughts on this? Better yet, can anyone with the right software put up some high quality, more balanced video comparisons? An honest comparison is good enough...no reason to pretend that the iPhone isn't better at a few things, but I can't find any quality videos that hit the nail on the head, highlighting the things that make the Z10
    better, and pointing out the things the iPhone flatly cannot do, or does in a much more complicated and time consuming way.

For goodness sake, BlackBerry, HUSTLE!

Posted via CB10
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    08-02-13 07:55 AM
    +1

z10stl100-2/10.1.0.4633
    08-02-13 09:02 AM
    I feel you man. My brother bought an iPhone 5 recently and when we met, we did some test to compare the performance of both phones. In the end, he's kinda regret he bought the iPhone 5. It's a lot pricey and the z10 won in several test (we both using the same provider on 3G)

1. Browser; every website we open the z10 can finish under 5 seconds while the iPhone sometimes need more than 10 seconds.

2. Typing speed; i can type the same sentence faster thanks to the swiping gesture.

3. We open 8 apps and then open the browser, after that, we lock the phone, decide one app that we want to close. I could close the app faster than him, just swipe up, type in the simple password, swipe up, search the app in the active frame and close while he had to press a button, swipe to unlock, enter the pass, click the home button twice, search the app (which is harder cause it's small icon in the bottom) and close it.

The only test that i lost is camera. I phone can take a better picture in dim places..haha.

Posted via CB10
    NK Z10 likes this.
    08-02-13 09:02 AM
    My brother was trying to deice what new phone to get and since my other brother has an Iphone 5 and I have a 9900 he decided to compare the Z10 v Iphone 4 and 5, the S4 vs Z10, S4 v Iphone 5 and the Q10 versus all of them...

I'll let you go to the website and see who they dubbed the winner of the Q10 vs S4 and the Q10 vs Iphone5

webiste: Compare phones

They are supposed to be unbiased
    08-02-13 09:23 AM
    You cannot demonstrate things like intuitiveness, simplicity, reliability, or consumer confidence in a video. These ideals are far too subjective and abstract. Both of these phones are excellent devices. But...the Apple iPhone has a huge edge on the Z10 in almost every area of that list.

Apple has made their mark by marketing a device and an OS (iOS) that is so simple, intuitive and consumer-friendly that an 80-year old grandmother can, within minutes of being given an iPhone and with no prior experience or coaching figure out how to perform at least rudimentary operations on it. Try that on the Z10, and it simply won't happen. In fact, there is video on YouTube of several devout iPhone and Android phone users given a Z10 without instructions, and asked to even power up the phone for use. Only after MUCH time has passed, do most figure it out. Today's consumer isn't particularly "techie"...and doesn't have the patience to adapt to a steep "learning curve". They just want their phones to work...and work for them right out of the box, with a minimum of adaptation.

You can compare processor speeds, download speeds, and all that stuff on a video...and I'll agree that the Z10 is a bit faster than the iPhone in some of these things...but the customer-perspective stuff are far more emotional and subjective than can be shown on a video screen. Apple wins in so many of these comparisons because it all comes down to what the consumers feel confident about spending their money on, and they have done an amazing job of nurturing and holding onto that confidence.
    08-02-13 09:50 AM
    Yes, I would agree that the iPhone is the easier phone to figure out with no prior experience, but that really doesn't make it a better phone as more than a free picture editing programme is better than PhotoShop.

I genuinely think that unless one is quite think, the Z10 becomes easy to use within about five minutes. In general, the Z10 simply blows the iPhone out of the water in any real life setting requires multitasking. These videos never ever cover that. Even moving through app pages is much faster than the iPhone 5. Anyone who knows how to use a book, can understand the Z10. That's pretty much how the OS is out together.

I honestly think very few people out there have a clue how much more dynamic the Z10 is because they don't own it, and haven't seen it marketed well. Below is just a short list of things the that iPhone can't manage in comparison:

It can't flick whole email addresses, addresses, unusual names, etc. into the text box intuitively, or compete in any real way with the Z10 keyboard.

It can't deal with flash websites like the Z10

It can't handle multiple open apps very well at all, and it takes ages to close them.

It doesn't have a hub, which, for anyone who actually uses the Z10, is a huge advantage in terms of speed and multitasking.

I won't go on actually, because loads of you already know all of this. The fact is, the Z10 OS might be harder to learn for the first 30 seconds, but is far superior to the iPhone when it comes to getting things done, and getting them done while playing your favourite media via the browser, or apps.

Posted via CB10
    abramadhi likes this.
    08-02-13 10:21 AM
    I like this thread already and would like to add my input as I have used iOS for 6 years as my primary mobile OS.

Let's put things in perspective. The BlackBerry 10 OS has only been out since feb-march. As a result, more exposure to normal use is needed for feedback and further refinement. Because of this, a good number of members here are anxious/optimistic in loading leaked versions of BlackBerry 10 into their devices to get the best of the best. That said, I am impressed that rim er BlackBerry does listen to its users and address problems quickly in its software updates.

For iOS, you'll observe that this is not really the case, but the same caliber of users who load leaked/developmental OS onto their phones, like myself, would more than likely jailbreak their iPhone, if they had an iPhone.

As of running a leaked 10.2 OS on my z10, I can tell you that I am impressed at the rate at which the improvements are being made in terms of fluidity and kinks being ironed out: copy paste keyboard response etc. However, still, if you were to compare BlackBerry 10 to iOS, iOS still beats it in refinement--give BlackBerry 10 another 6 months and see where they stand. It will be worth the wait since more apps would have been out by then for BlackBerry 10, unless, you like the company and want to support them then that's a different story. Better yet, round up the apps you know you'd need and see if they're currently available on BlackBerry World.

BlackBerry 10 is a good OS built around the idea of "the Hub", which enables ease of email Facebook Twitter foursquare etc with a swipe of thumb. It's a very capable OS, but still requires polishing.

Thus, comparing BlackBerry 10 with iOS is comparing apples to oranges. Both have very different concepts in how a phone is to be used. Keep that in mind.

To better assess the current state of BlackBerry 10, I'd suggest you browse this forum for BlackBerry 10 bugs/complaints/quirks etc. However take care to discern between subjective and objective posts. Then, do the same over at imore.com and see if the problems the members here are addressing are the same over there for iPhone users & vice verse. Hint: look for user complaints in these forums and start tally marks or even read my old posts.

Once you do that, you'll get an idea how the OS is without even using it. To prove my point, try it yourself.

To Be Continued...
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    08-02-13 10:22 AM
    Excuse the typos in my last post. I was walking down the street, trying not to bump into people lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 10:22 AM
    Where are the unbiased Z10 v iPhone 5 comparisons?-img_00000417.png
    One of few that I've seen.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    VR6 likes this.
    08-02-13 10:55 AM
    Bottom line...unless you are a genuine fanboy (not that there are any of those on CrackBerry OR any Apple site) is, that neither phone is clearly superior to the other. It's simply a matter of what's important to you...and what works best for you. BB guys are going to say the Z10 is an "obvious" winner...iPhone fans are going to claim their device is superior. Neither is true...both are great devices with better than average performance.
    08-02-13 10:59 AM
    I would be willing to agree with that. As someone who uses his phone heavily for work and personal use, the Z10 wins hands down. It is more flexible, and faster at getting things done - multitasking.

On the other hand, the iPhone 5 obviously has more app integration with the outside world so to speak, and is a very good phone.

Still, I think that the public are mostly blind to the quality and capability of the Z10, and 'fanboy' or not, I do think the Z10 is objectively a better, more dynamic piece of technology.

Posted via CB10
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    08-02-13 12:27 PM
    I wish BB users would understand there is no need to close apps on iOS, Android, and even Windows Phone 8. The OS is supposed to manage the memory itself. The only time i have to "close" an app on my iPhone 5 is when something is stuck or acting up, which is very rare.

And believe it or not, no matter how efficient and reliable BB10 becomes it will still come down to the apps...BB should just pay Google to bring their apps to BB10.
    08-02-13 12:57 PM
    I would be willing to agree with that. As someone who uses his phone heavily for work and personal use, the Z10 wins hands down. It is more flexible, and faster at getting things done - multitasking.

Posted via CB10
    I agree Z10 might be quicker if you are handling a bunch of email daily but for my personal use it just won't work due to lack of apps and clearly based on the sales of the Z10 a lot of other people feel same the way. No Rdio, Spotify, Chase Bank, Discover, Instagram, Google+, etc...And beyond the basic smartphone features, Z10 lacks wireless display options like AirPlay and Chromecast that iOS and Android are rocking these days...

May I ask what your personal use is like? Because I know for my friends and I, BB10 is extremely crippled at the moment.
    08-02-13 01:59 PM
    Z10 if you want the latest and greatest BlackBerry. You will love it... iPhone 5 if you want the latest and greatest iOS device. You will love it...
    08-02-13 02:05 PM
    I agree Z10 might be quicker if you are handling a bunch of email daily but for my personal use it just won't work due to lack of apps and clearly based on the sales of the Z10 a lot of other people feel same the way. No Rdio, Spotify, Chase Bank, Discover, Instagram, Google+, etc...And beyond the basic smartphone features, Z10 lacks wireless display options like AirPlay and Chromecast that iOS and Android are rocking these days...

May I ask what your personal use is like? Because I know for my friends and I, BB10 is extremely crippled at the moment.
    I thought BlackBerry Z10 has DLNA? Direct wireless connection to smart TV or home cinema etc? Haven't used it myself
    Where are the unbiased Z10 v iPhone 5 comparisons?-img_00000157.png

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4633
    tbims01 likes this.
    08-03-13 05:46 AM
    Well I own both but mainly use the iPhone 5 after buying it because of the convenience of the ecosystem. And frankly iOS 7 is very refreshing and looks modern and at least you can swipe to go backwards across the system now.

However the Z10 is so much faster to work with. For pure communication BB10 is unbeatable with its hub and swiping setup. I miss that on the iPhone.

Though I am a heavy Spotify user and the flash web player is lackluster so that's not an option for me. Spotify is well developed on iOS (as most other apps compared to other systems, even Android) which is basically a demand for me since I use it a lot.

I won't get into a lengthy answer but list a few vs. points of the system and who the winner is in my opinion:

Speed: Z10
    OS navigation: Z10
    Hardware: iPhone 5
    Communication: Z10
    Browser: iPhone 5 (I dont' care that Z10 is faster, it's choppy in landscape mode and just not as smooth, better tab handling in iOS)
    Keyboard: Z10
    Camera hardware: iPhone 5
    Camera software: Z10
    Apps & ecosystem: iPhone 5
    Backup & restore: iPhone 5 + iCloud (nothing comes near it)
    Display: Z10 (bigger and brighter)
    Smoothness: iPhone 5 (even iOS 7 beta is smoother)

They are both very different phones so comparing them is pretty stupid anyway. I love them both in their own ways. Depends on what I need it to do. As I said though since I got the iPhone 5 I use it as my main phone because nothing is missing on the app side of things. It feels nice to have everything available when I need it. It's just a complete ecosystem which makes the phone feel more reliable.
    08-03-13 06:36 AM
    It would be nice if there were more reviews like that online. That seems like a reasonable assessment of things, though I've only borrowed the iPhone 5, and own the Z10. Another thing the iPhone lacks for me is desktop mode, and flash. Also, the Z10 can download audio from YouTube, which I wasn't able to do on the iphone. Because of the lack if desktop capability, huge numbers of songs and some other media are unavailable to iphone users, but that is obviously balanced by the abundance of apps in comparison to BlackBerry right now.

For me, it's the Z10 for sure, but that is probably because I deal with a lot of different things, and also like to use my phone as a GTD device, and like to go between using docs to go, answering emails, and listening to lectures etc online. The iPhone just isn't able to multitask as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 08:21 AM
    Nah multitasking on the iPhone is nothing near Z10 level. Though it does get better with iOS 7. And yep I miss the desktop mode of the browser. Much more convenient than looking for a "classic" button deep down on the websites. This is what the smartphone market looks like though. You can't get every bell & whistle on one single phone. You have to make a choise and chose which features you can live without.
    08-03-13 08:50 AM
    What if mobile nations stepped up to the challenge? Something like Iphone vs. BlackBerry would be Kevin vs. Renee. Instead of eliminating the bias why not include it at full strength?

Posted via CB10
    denicoespadilla likes this.
    08-03-13 09:05 AM
    What if mobile nations stepped up to the challenge? Something like Iphone vs. BlackBerry would be Kevin vs. Renee. Instead of eliminating the bias why not include it at full strength?

Posted via CB10
    That would be the start of world war 3. Mark that date if it happens. The rest of the world would not know the origin of the war. But we would.
    Javid Gozalov likes this.
    08-03-13 09:07 AM
    This is an area in which I believe BlackBerry could get help, with little spending. Watching the video comparisons for the Z10 online is a strange and frustrating experience. Invariably, the iPhone 5 wins these YouTube comparisons, narrated by some pseudo tech geek, while completely ignoring the things the Z10 can do that the iPhone can't.

I can somewhat understand this. People ate familiar with the iPhone, and probably don't spend much time with the Z10 before making these videos. Still, there are almost no videos out there putting forth the Z10 as superior, when, in many ways it is. Someone should really put together a high quality video comparison, showing in real time, how much faster it is the use the Z10, moving in and out of apps, closing running apps, running media in one app while switching to another app, playing it, leaving both doing their thing while you check you messages, etc. The iPhone gets left in the dust in this area.

I won't go on and on, but it's a shock to me that BlackBerry haven't had anyone put such videos up online. This is an age of unconventional advertising and marketing. Companies can't simply rely of standard approaches. I for one could not sit down while my company was being thrashed online and in the press, in many ways unfairly.

I don't own an iPhone, but I've tried the iphone 5 and had plenty of friendly battles with friends, and in the end they all say they are impressed and had no clue. Can anyone share their thoughts on this? Better yet, can anyone with the right software put up some high quality, more balanced video comparisons? An honest comparison is good enough...no reason to pretend that the iPhone isn't better at a few things, but I can't find any quality videos that hit the nail on the head, highlighting the things that make the Z10
    better, and pointing out the things the iPhone flatly cannot do, or does in a much more complicated and time consuming way.

For goodness sake, BlackBerry, HUSTLE!

Posted via CB10
    I am more about winning over the iSheep crowd.
    08-03-13 09:09 AM
    Absolutely. If they can promote all the things bb10 doesn't do in a super bowl commercials then they can do it in YouTube. Too!!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 09:11 AM
    The truth is iphone is good with a matured OS, Z10 is also good with a less matured OS

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 09:21 AM
    The z10 has some cool features, but as an overall smartphone I feel like BlackBerry released it too soon. An unbiased review would do nothing but expose the z10 short comings.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    08-03-13 09:23 AM
    10.2 will change everything on the matter of maturity.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 12:06 PM
39 12