My caller id doesn't work!
    I'm on 10.1.0.1720

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 04:01 PM
    Open phone app. Swipe down from top and choose settings gear.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 04:04 PM
    I tried that it's not there

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 04:05 PM
    Doesn't work for me either.

Open phone app. Swipe down from top and choose settings gear.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 05:17 PM
    So what do you mean by Caller ID "doesn't work"? Are you not getting a phone number show on an incoming call or are the names in your contact list not showing?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 05:42 PM
    Is it caller id? Or smart dialling?
    And what exactly do you mean it's not working?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    06-25-13 06:29 PM
    I'm on 10.1.0.1720

Posted via CB10
    Smart dialing and caller id are two very different things.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:50 PM
    What is smart dialing?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:52 PM
    Caller id doesn't work as in if someone in my contacts calls or texts me and I have stored them with the international dial code prefix, the caller is "unidentified" I don't see who is calling or texting.

Very very inconvenient...

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 01:32 AM
    Caller id doesn't work as in if someone in my contacts calls or texts me and I have stored them with the international dial code prefix, the caller is "unidentified" I don't see who is calling or texting.

Very very inconvenient...

Posted via CB10

Strange... Is caller ID enabled on your plan? Call your carrier and enable it (some places it's standard, some aren't) CallerID won't affect text messages from not displaying the sender's number though....
    06-26-13 02:06 AM
    What is smart dialing?

Posted via CB10
    Here's a video explaining it. You will find it similar in BB10 (tap settings key in phone menu then scroll down to smart dialing)
    Winston Loh likes this.
    06-26-13 02:10 AM
    I never had an issue with caller id on my 9900 and I haven't changed carrier or plan. So don't really know what's going on. Can anyone help?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 02:39 AM
    I never had an issue with caller id on my 9900 and I haven't changed carrier or plan. So don't really know what's going on. Can anyone help?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe try updating your OS... try a leak version perhaps! http://crackberry.com/leaked-os-10102342-blackberry-z10
    06-26-13 02:57 AM
    I'm currently on 10.1.0.1720 not sure I'm brave enough to upgrade to a leaked OS. What is the most uptodate official OS?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 03:16 AM
    Hey guys, but what about dial pad contacts prediction , found on hundreds of "smartphones" ? Why in BB10 we don't have it already ? Why I must go into search , find the contact, find the number, tap it call it INSTEAD type on the dial pad the name of the person and into the dial pad have the predicted contacts available ? It is so simple.
    I have now Z10 STL 100.1 with latest ( from yesterday !) 10.1.0.2312 update (that huge 78 MB +812 MB ).
    Except some improvements of the flow and maybe some background bugs I'm not seeing anything new...
    06-26-13 03:42 AM
    Do you have same contact repeated ? If you have the same number in the contacts more than once, it wont show up - phone is confused I guess...
    06-26-13 03:43 AM
    Do you have same contact repeated ? If you have the same number in the contacts more than once, it wont show up - phone is confused I guess...
    If that's correct then linking the contacts should resolve that.
    I don't have that issue and I get calls from international numbers that have the country code there already and the names show up no prob.
    How do you have the start of the numbers saved? With 00 or +?
    In the smart dialling option did you check that country code is set to your country code?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    06-26-13 05:04 PM
    I'm on 10.1.0.1720

Posted via CB10
    I did have the same problem as yours.
    However, i manage to sort this issue out on my q10.
    What i did was re-install the OS, (don't forget to backup everything), after re-install-ing done, DO NOT RESTORE THE "SETTINGS" backup on BB Link, just restore your system apps and media.
    I'm thinking the problem came from the Settings Restore, if you did not restore the settings, i'm sure you will find the "Smart Dialling" on your Phone settings.
    Hope it's helping you, mate.
    07-26-13 04:36 AM
    Mine did that. It's to do with the contacts app. I tried to remove duplicated numbers and that is what happened.
    I had to restore the duplicate numbers to get it to work again

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 05:07 AM
    Hello, i have been searching all the posts on this topic. i have a Q10 and the smart dialling option is not listed in my phone. Ii have clicked on the telephone (calls) icon and i have looked at settings and i have read help. Not there. All the fixed dialling, TTY, voice dialling etc etc are there but not smart dialling.
    I am in China with a China mobile sim card. I see the names of my contacts when they sms me but not when they call.
    You say your option which worked was to reinstall the OS... what are the steps to do this please? I do not want to make a mistake as my user experience with the Q10 is limited and I am not a techie, just want to "plug n play". After the reinstall OS you say to do a restore with the last backup but not to click the settings option just the media and apps. I can see this in the BB link and I have done a full backup so I am ready to try.
    Appreciate your assistance.
    11-09-13 09:51 PM
    Hello, i have been searching all the posts on this topic. i have a Q10 and the smart dialling option is not listed in my phone. Ii have clicked on the telephone (calls) icon and i have looked at settings and i have read help. Not there. All the fixed dialling, TTY, voice dialling etc etc are there but not smart dialling.
    I am in China with a China mobile sim card. I see the names of my contacts when they sms me but not when they call.
    You say your option which worked was to reinstall the OS... what are the steps to do this please? I do not want to make a mistake as my user experience with the Q10 is limited and I am not a techie, just want to "plug n play". After the reinstall OS you say to do a restore with the last backup but not to click the settings option just the media and apps. I can see this in the BB link and I have done a full backup so I am ready to try.
    Appreciate your assistance.
    What's your OS version?
    11-09-13 10:05 PM
    Hi Thurask
    My OS system is 10.1.0.4181
    11-14-13 08:51 PM
    What's your OS version?
    hello

i now have the OS 10.2.0.424 but the smart dialling option is not in the phone settings after upgrading. this is really bugging me. Any advice/ suggestions? thank you
    11-21-13 06:09 PM
    Hi everybody i found the solution to my problem : I took the the sim out and opened my phone without sim i found #smart dialing option right there in my phone app > settings . I had my country code wrong and area code missing . I also mentioned the length of phone no. In my country china ( i.e 11 by the way ) and voila it worked. After i inserted sim things became normal as in my other phones
    Last edited by vatsal bajpai; 07-13-14 at 01:13 AM.
    07-12-14 11:49 AM