There are hundreds of posts here of people "promising" skype and instagram before the US launch...but suddenly everyone seems to have disappeared. What happened? Are we still getting a surprise app this week, like we got Whatsapp last week? No one seems to be talking of the App of the Week this week. Just curious
    03-20-13 06:17 PM
    There are hundreds of posts here of people "promising" skype and instagram before the US launch...but suddenly everyone seems to have disappeared. What happened? Are we still getting a surprise app this week, like we got Whatsapp last week? No one seems to be talking of the App of the Week this week. Just curious
    Curiosity killed the cat
    03-20-13 06:20 PM
    Alec Saunders did tweet someone saying it (Skype) will be available by the time the phone launches in their country (USA) .

I guess there's still some time yet, but most hoped for a hefty update prior to US launch, I've a feeling there will be a lot more "I Hate" threads repeating themselves coming from America from a lot of 1 post wanderers.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 06:29 PM
    Alec Saunders did tweet someone saying it (Skype) will be available by the time the phone launches in their country (USA) .

I guess there's still some time yet, but most hoped for a hefty update prior to US launch, I've a feeling there will be a lot more "I Hate" threads repeating themselves coming from America from a lot of 1 post wanderers.

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze posted on this a few days ago. I think there may be some drama going on behind the scenes regarding Skype. It was announced, talked about and then went eerily silent. Hopefully it is still coming soon and this isn't more app politics. Microsoft has been gamed by other companies when it comes to apps for Windows Phone, hopefully they're not doing the same to BlackBerry after already announcing that it was coming. That would be beyond slimy behaviour on their part.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 06:36 PM
    there's still a few more days!
    03-20-13 07:29 PM
    Well... Skype is under the umbrella of Microsoft now.. things might Jolly well change.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 07:55 PM
    Skype is coming, for sure, they themselves confirmed it not just Blackberry!!! Id rather them take a few extra days and for it to work properly.. Unlike the whatsapp app which feels pushed out. I was pretty happy with with the Android port, and actually thinking of going back because it had features that the native app doesn't have which bugs the **** out of me.

Don't ask for something if your just gonna bash it when it gets here..
    03-20-13 09:02 PM
    Just release the app first, fix it later.. lol. Just kidding.
    03-20-13 09:42 PM
    Like I've been reading about Facebook and Twitter... arg...
    03-20-13 09:46 PM
    I still think it will be here before April but that's just my hunch

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 09:48 PM
    It took Microsoft a long time to even release Skype for WP8 and then it was beyond crappy. They recently updated it but I haven't tried it out yet. It still is beta on WP8 and I thought I saw a beta on the BlackBerry Skype icon too. I groaned when I saw it. Don't expect anything great when it is released.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 09:49 PM
    Waiting to see what will be the next thing people complain about after Skype releases...any guesses?

If Skype was that important why torture yourself with getting a phone that doesn't have it at the moment you need it??? Move on for Pete's sake!
    03-20-13 09:53 PM
    they lie never coming just use bbm
    03-20-13 09:54 PM
    That has been the Microsoft way for years :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 10:07 PM
    Maybe it is ready... and its kind of hybrid version(an android app modified for BlackBerry to work) and maybe its really buggy. And another maybe, they just want Americans to be the one who can use it 1st before others because its from america.

Or, they will start working and developing it when blackberry hits America.

Posted via BlackBerry z10 (CB)
    03-20-13 10:16 PM