04-27-13 05:47 AM
245 1234 ...
tools
    BlackBerry failed here big time. They should have paid, lobbied, did whatever in the HELL it took to set this straight out of the gate. They should have offered total development cost for most popular apps. It would have paid for itself in no time. That $10,000 guarantee is a joke to big developers. Maybe some kid in his bedroom would jump at that, but not the likes of an instagram.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:48 PM
    I know several people who must have Skype on the device. I think two of my colleagues are waiting for the a4. I tried to convince them to get a Z10 but they thought I was nuts.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:50 PM
    Well.. I am still waiting for Skype for my playbook (which was advertised before the playbook was released).. let alone my z10..

Come on Microsoft.. Get your **** together.. this is why your stock is falling..
    Pegon_Fighter likes this.
    04-14-13 07:53 PM
    I agree, OP. "Coming Soon" is a crock. The clock is ticking and soon there will be HTC One and Samsung GS4 to compete with. All these cheerleaders want BB to survive, but the current state of BlackBerry 10 doesn't warrant the arrogance some of them display. BlackBerry needs to compete and it NEEDS apps in order to truly do so in today's market. As the days, weeks and months go by this sort of sentiment will grow.

Posted via CB10
    The app dynamic is only part of the equation for success. Phones need to be about the owners and not tying them to the restrictions certain apps require. BlackBerry needs improvement yes but the you can make the case that there will always be apps missing from any platform.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:54 PM
    So sick of skype and instagram threads. I just want them to release both so there are no more questions about it.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    AUgirl_inTX and ppeters914 like this.
    04-14-13 07:56 PM
    Ig working like a charm

For once I can carry around 1 device. Use to carrying 2phns and a tablet.

Where is instagram and skype?!?!-img_00000425.png

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:59 PM
    The app dynamic is only part of the equation for success. Phones need to be about the owners and not tying them to the restrictions certain apps require. BlackBerry needs improvement yes but the you can make the case that there will always be apps missing from any platform.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm, Apple and Android don't have an app problem. Windows Phone and BlackBerry certainly do. I hear what you are saying, but I recall the Android app store not having much content in the beginning and then it just exploded and is currently on par with Apple. I'm certain they were extremely proactive and aggressive to achieve such a feat in such a short amount of time. I hope BlackBerry has the same sense of urgency.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:01 PM
    I think people are just sick of these threads daily. Patience

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:01 PM
    I don't haunt the forum halls but once in a while, so forgive me for the repetitive post! I just remember the 'two big announcements coming' bullcrap from a month or two ago and thinking one HAD to be Skype or Instagram. Nope. Then thinking when the sideload file from Instagram became available, I thought it HAD to be coming soon. Nope.

Needed updated by you folks who are more up to speed. I see the updated information on this topic is...no updated information.

AT LEAST BLACKBERRY SHOULD PUT OUT OFFICIAL STATEMENTS ON APPROXIMATE RELEASE DATES! That would help. If a prospective buyer knew it was coming May 10th (for example) that's something to hang their hat on and plan the purchase. Right now, with no date, no word, they assume...never.

I think people are just sick of these threads daily. Patience

Posted via CB10
    appu3239 and anon4226395 like this.
    04-14-13 08:07 PM
    I'd just be happy with a nice selection of apps of any sort... one thing I do miss about my android is going onto Google play and shopping around at all the new and cool apps. They come out daily and are very high quality.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:13 PM
    When 10.1 and Android 4.1 Jelley Bean support arrives, The much anticipated apps with show up! Be patient young ones.
    Aejaz Kheraj and blakobecwa like this.
    04-14-13 08:15 PM
    Hmmm, Apple and Android don't have an app problem. Windows Phone and BlackBerry certainly do. I hear what you are saying, but I recall the Android app store not having much content in the beginning and then it just exploded and is currently on par with Apple. I'm certain they were extremely proactive and aggressive to achieve such a feat in such a short amount of time. I hope BlackBerry has the same sense of urgency.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I just don't see that sense of urgency you're referring to coming from BlackBerry. I think BlackBerry is more OS focused than app centered, whereas Google successfully designed an OS around apps and a search engine. A pretty bold and ingenious business model if you ask me. If BlackBerry fails, rest assured it will be because of apps, or lack thereof.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:20 PM
    Everyone please understand that if Microsoft, a corporation that has tons of money, can't get Instagram to budge then why do you think Instagram will budge for BlackBerry? Be THANKFUL that you have a port that works. Trust me.

Skype, well, it will be a port equivalent to the android version and not like WP8 so be thankful for that too.
    YYZ_AKS likes this.
    04-14-13 08:28 PM
    So sick of skype and instagram threads. I just want them to release both so there are no more questions about it.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Hey hey hey don't forget Netflix lmfao

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    R Field likes this.
    04-14-13 08:34 PM
    I side loaded instagram. But now I don't have a ios or android device to do the setup to get it up and running with linking to Facebook. How can I get it working??

Posted via CB10
    Download bluestacks on a pc then you can install android instagram in the bluestacks android runtime on PC and set up an account, then you can use it on z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:39 PM
    Soon I hope! Instagram, although many think is pointless, is an important selling point for many customers. It would help BB10 a LOT if we had it!
    04-14-13 09:12 PM
    And where the hell are the banking apps? No one has said anything about any if the major banks getting on board.

Posted via CB10
    AUgirl_inTX likes this.
    04-14-13 09:37 PM
    Instagram? Right here
    Where is instagram and skype?!?!-img_00000504.png
    Where is instagram and skype?!?!-img_00000506.png

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:44 PM
    And where the hell are the banking apps? No one has said anything about any if the major banks getting on board.

Posted via CB10
    This I'm more interested in than instagram!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:46 PM
    Soon! Lol

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    yeah...in a few short weeks.
    04-14-13 09:52 PM
    We gonna get Skype when the moon becomes a square.
    Now that would be worth waiting for! I could post a pic on instagram and call all of my Skype buddies....
    BUT wouldn't instagram just take (steal) my pick of the square moon and sell it?
    04-14-13 09:52 PM
    I side loaded instagram. But now I don't have a ios or android device to do the setup to get it up and running with linking to Facebook. How can I get it working??

Posted via CB10
    You don't need an andriod/ios device

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:00 PM
    Since Skype is now owned by Microsoft, I am not surprised they have not been rushing to get a BB10 app out. I am surprised they took their time supporting Skype on their own platform.
    04-14-13 10:06 PM
    Look people, I had Instagram on my Z10 over a month ago. I have since deleted it. I, personally, DO NOT CARE ABOUT INSTAGRAM. Nor Skype. I'm saying these are key apps that MANY MILLIONS have to have on their phones. If no one has any updated information, then no one has any updated information. That is awesome work by Blackberry to keep us all updated.

https://twitter.com/winter_hat/statu...407552/photo/1

Where is instagram and skype?!?!-instagram.png
    04-14-13 10:28 PM
    Where's MySpace? Yeah cuz Instagram will always be popular....like MySpace
    HedoBum and ppeters914 like this.
    04-14-13 10:29 PM
245 1234 ...