Really? Fart Apps?

You can repeat as many times as you want that basing a phone purchase decision on apps is thinking like a child. The phone is more capable, they will survive, blah blah blah (all true and fine). Doesn't change that MANY consumers obviously take those app factors into consideration. As with Instagram, they wish to maintain the connections already established with others. Of course Instagram has nothing to do with phone capabilities... Millions of users enjoy the connections they have with it. I don't see Instaphoto/whatever alternative BB has having an impact that can come close to being equivalent.

Last I checked, plenty of grown ups use instagram...It seems to be pretty clear, that Instagram is considered a very important app for the platform with how much fuss goes on about it (regardless of opinions about that app itself by those that happen to not care for it).

See? Walking into a store and basing your purchase on whether or not it comes with fart apps, is thinking like a child. This phone is capable of so much more than what Skype or Instagroan combined bring to the table. People don't need them and Blackberry doesn't need them. I'm sure they'll make a lot of people happy (I'll probably use Skype myself when it comes out) but they're not essential buying criteria and they're definitely not needed.
    Blackberry will survive just fine until these apps arrive. It can maintain quite easily on its own merit and the awesome features it brings to the table. When the apps arrive, people will have their fix and stop whining until they find some other useless app that doesn't appear in BBW10. Until then, I guess BB10 will remain a smartphone only for grownups.

TB
    04-19-13 02:44 AM
    Judging by the time it's taking for these apps to arrive they are being developed by half a developer who works part time. There are people who could reverse engineer Skype faster than Skype can put together a client.

Posted via CB10
    It's much easier to say than to do it. I'm a developer and I tried to do exactly that. Got a pretty nice app with all the basic functionalities except for video calls (audio and text works fine). But since I'm not the official Skype people trashed the app on the reviews. The general public just can't understand an individual and independent effort like that. And I get it. What BlackBerry needs is an official and well integrated Skype app. That kind of stuff only Microsoft can provide. Sad, but it's really up to them to decided when they'll take BlackBerry out of the fridge.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 02:44 AM
    I from Paris in France. Half of my BlackBerry's contact ( 240) left for this Instagram app. It's huge ! BlackBerry must have this app in native. The smartphone Market It's really hard and competitive. If they want their market part back they have to give What peoples want.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 02:45 AM
    Couldn't give a rats *** about instagram. It baffles me how it alone can ba deal breaker for some people. It's like saying "No facebook app" is a deal breaker. Get a life already.

Posted via CB10
    andre20100 and stitch69 like this.
    04-19-13 03:06 AM
    Couldn't give a rats *** about instagram. It baffles me how it alone can ba deal breaker for some people. It's like saying "No facebook app" is a deal breaker. Get a life already.

Posted via CB10
    people use it whats the problem?

Have you ever even seen the fitness or recipe pages on instagram they are amazing?

I love interacting with folks on there especially fitness models. Watching them prepare for an up coming show is insane. Save the just video their blog talk . Instagram feels a lot more personal.
    04-19-13 03:57 AM
    It's known proven fact, the more technology we have to aid us throughout our lives the more dumber we become because we stop thinking and doing things for ourselves and leave it up to technology to figure it out for us. If the world was to fall apart tomorrow, no power, power BlackBerry's or other PDA phone devices I suspect more than half of North America's population would commit suicide!

Really I don't care about Skype or Instagram, I won't be losing any brain cells even if they do come out as I have not use for them.
    04-19-13 04:21 AM
    Life and, in part, this site is about personal choice. Many people give thus, or other, phones a 10. Not sure what that means but I'll presume these ratings come from people with rudimentary needs in a phone and few/no needs in a hand held device. Simply a personal choice or someone that works for, is a contractor for, or invests in BlackBerry (all these types if sites have some).

There are some real significant and well documented problems; maybe not so bad for intro if new technology but BB is 3+ years behind with intro of OS10. Again, however, while indisputable these facts are a matter of personal preference or choice (and maybe the type of job that you hold or that you love carrying multiple phones).

The survival of BB doubtless will be determined by a phone that brings the most bang for the buck enhanced by marketing perception. And countless threads herein reveal the common knowledge of the proliferation of Skype and Instagram (among a handful if other nearly mandatory apps got today's smart device). Skype and /or Viber as well as Instagram are needed by actual users but also for the marketing hype required to sell the Z (and Q) in excess of the mid 5digits. Surely this is a bare minimum sales target fot BB to remain in business...not a personal preference but teality.

Therefore, unless you desire to view CB as a cult column for a nonexistent Co. and exchange of moot discourse, reason beyond your personal needs to whether BB will survive without two of the biggest apps available to nearly 650mm new phones sold just last year. Can BlackBerry blaze a path for HHdevices different from Apple, Droid, or Windows and survive and is Skype and Instagram important to these competitir sales? Absolutely NO.

Yes I personally need Skype (and would like Instagram) but, moreover, BlackBerry is going to need these programs (or suitable replacements) soon to get that cash flow they require for a financial rejuvenation and their long term viability.

(Note: If you are moving up only from another BB, you may not be able to understand all this as your needs did not extend past capabilities of the long since outdated BlackBerry technology.)

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 05:38 AM
    I have to disagree with your idea that it's personal choice because of how people behave. I have seen people break down when their smartphone dies becuase they have put all their lives work into it. Sorry what happen to paper, a pen, and filing system for safe keeping?

Now we have people running around saying things like "its manditory for BlackBerry to have Skype and Istagram". That kind of thinking put them in the neanderthal group, the BlackBerry is a tool, if you don't the correct tool go find the tool that works but don't demand that your tool MUST have some attachment it doesn't have...oh and turn off your BB for a while and go read a book it might gain back some those brain cells you lost kidding
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    04-19-13 06:07 AM
    Now that there is a truly sad statement...the fact that a phone app that completely ruins pictures and shares them exactly as the BB native app does, is such a sad indicator of people's mentality these days. I hate that BB10 is being held back by a fart app...and I hate that our society has degenerated to a point where the progression of technology is stunted because people can't live without such a useless POS like Instagram.

Posted via CB10 with my BB10 Z10
    I agree with you 100%

Posted from the beyond...
    04-19-13 07:00 AM
    I'd be happy with a decent Facebook.

Lovin' my Z10
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-19-13 07:33 AM
    One might find interest in Instagram.. another might not, but really, the majority of people do use Instagram and Skype, and yes, as little as apps are... they will heavily take part in the final decision for ones new smartphone. Unless someone on crackberry finds the time to re-code the apps (not likely), we can only wait and see. We can always help the situation by advertising and get the product out there. Then Developers might find it worth while to produce for BB10. Merely a waiting game.
    04-19-13 08:53 AM
    I have instagram on my Z10. Used it all of three times. BFD.
    04-19-13 09:30 AM
    Test out viber here!!

Viber for BlackBerry - Free calls and Free messages on blackberry (this is the ota link - phone browser link)
    04-19-13 05:37 PM
    Test out viber here!!

Viber for BlackBerry - Free calls and Free messages on blackberry (this is the ota link - phone browser link)
    That is not for BB10.
    04-19-13 05:38 PM
    Email the damn devs, they don't look at the crackberry forums and go ohh well someone made the 1,000,001 post about not having our app yet. Mhmm maybe we should make the app because of those crackberry posts.

Think before you post, no one on this website can make the app only the Devs them selves

Stop being lazy and here you go:
    Instagram Developer Documentation , Email Us • Instagram Help Center , INSTAGRAM | WEBSTAGRAM FORUM - Instagram community for Instagramers
    Sideload instagram if you want Download Instagram for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com using this tool Load Android Apps on Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps | Android APP Store - Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps

Skype Community - Skype Community
    https://support.skype.com/support_selection
    How to Contact Skype Customer Service - Skype Community
    Skype Developer - Home

Copy and Paste this on every dumb Instagram / Skype, forum post. Also cloud their forums with your app request. It'll work so much more. Maybe copy and paste all the big forum topics for proof that blackberry needs their app.
    BerryWizard and anon(4275744) like this.
    04-21-13 06:46 PM
    @khehl gave you the links, now bother them! I emailed Instagram. Skype has the "coming soon" disclaimer posted

Where is instagram and skype?!?!-screenshot-32-.jpg
    04-22-13 08:04 PM
    I can't believe this thread is still going! Sorry :/

There really is no need to fight over who needs the apps and who doesn't. Blackberry Z10 is a great phone, with a great OS. I want it to be successful. If it doesn't get the apps that millions of people use, they will have less sales. It's that simple. PEOPLE! IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU PERSONALLY USE OR WANT THESE APPS! The phone will still be a great phone. It will just sell millions LESS units without them.
    chrispdm1 likes this.
    04-22-13 08:09 PM
    Today I got Skype working on my Dev Alpha C. From my personal experience I must say it's amazing. It's not perfect, yes, but it's definitely better than I expected. I'm very happy with it

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 08:14 PM
    Skype, Netflix and Instagram are now all sideloadable, hopefully this will be the end of the threads

Posted via CB10
    chrispdm1 likes this.
    04-26-13 08:23 PM
    i got a respond couple of weeks ago about IG to blackberry from a developer on twitter
    he told me that FB and IG ppl thinks it is risky to release ig on blackberry and windows phone as they want to make sure they have the same success as iOS and Andoriod

so basically they don't want to spend money and time on devoploping this app until they make sure that BB10 is here to stay and not just a summer cloud ..
    04-27-13 05:47 AM
245 ... 8910