Doesn't matter what BlackBerry promises... its the developers working on the app itself... Why is this so hard to understand??
    "Doesn't matter what BlackBerry promises". Are you serious??? It's clear that blackberry has definitively lost some of its "business" user base. smh
    R_from_Toronto and richardat like this.
    04-16-13 12:40 PM
    Doesn't matter what BlackBerry promises... its the developers working on the app itself... Why is this so hard to understand??
    Then they should have stayed away from promising or announcing those apps. BlackBerry was obviously working with developers for them to announce certain apps at launch.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    04-16-13 12:45 PM
    "Doesn't matter what BlackBerry promises". Are you serious??? It's clear that blackberry has definitively lost some of its "business" user base. smh
    Are you serious? You believe what everyone tells you? Word for word? I don't believe until its fact...
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-16-13 12:46 PM
    Are you serious? You believe what everyone tells you? Word for word? I don't believe until its fact...
    The good ol fanboy over exaggeration when they have no logic hahaha "You believe what everyone tells you? Word for word?". Yes people tend to believe when companies tell them things about their product. Weird right?? For instance....next week i'm gonna go to an opening of a movie that has a release date .....if I show up and the movie is not out yet shame on me...actually I will email the owners of the theater and not the people responsible for making the movie.

PS. BTW in the above post #152 you liked and thanked a poster who disagreed with your post..They are saying it's blackberries fault.... Just saying
    richardat likes this.
    04-16-13 12:58 PM
    All of us that have z10s obviously don't care or we wouldn't have purchased them.
    If that were true there wouldn't constant threads about people "Needing" a certain app.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 01:20 PM
    I mean did blackberry give a launch date for either of these apps? I don't remember them giving one...or maybe it's just me

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 01:20 PM
    That doesn't work for your average consumer. They don't walk into Verizon or ATT and go, oh, that phone doesn't have instagram? Well let me go home and email the developer and ask them when they will have it out... We live in a world where people want instant results.
    Blackberry works in a real world were they can't always get instant results. Customers need to have realistic expectations. I'm a customer with realistic expectations. I learned as a child that you don't always get what you want when you want it.
    ErinnM and HedoBum like this.
    04-16-13 01:21 PM
    HUH?? Who's telling YOU a dozen times? YOU clicked on the forum. You saw the OP title. Here's a wierd thought... If YOU didn't like it you could have moved on. So who is the one really whining???? Let me guess...it's the developers fault smh
    Have you ever searched forums for instagram? Yes. There is a LOT of whinning going on. Maybe OP should search before whining. We ALL KNOW instagram and Skype isn't available.... now go to your room.
    brout likes this.
    04-16-13 01:25 PM
    Don't read threads that you don't like due to your fanboiness.

Verizon says I can upgrade any day. I've been waiting for a Z10 but I won't wait much longer. It needs the apps to let me know I'm not buying another Playbook.
    The problem stems from the fact that every week we get another thread complaining about Facebook not having instagram on BB10 and people blaming Blackberry. At first it was funny but now it's getting a little annoying. Write Facebook and complain. Blackberry can't do anything about it. Android waited forever to get instagram. Blackberry will probably have to do the same.
    Last edited by brout; 04-16-13 at 01:40 PM.
    Dave Bourque and ErinnM like this.
    04-16-13 01:26 PM
    Thats what skype told me today. Kinda got used to procrastination...
    Where is instagram and skype?!?!-img_00000224.jpg
    Posted via CB10 on my beautiful Z10
    04-16-13 01:32 PM
    Thats what skype told me today. Kinda got used to procrastination...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000224.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	151776
    Posted via CB10 on my beautiful Z10
    That's the most we can hope for...
    04-16-13 01:36 PM
    The reason you don't get a set release date is because there are a lot of moving parts to getting an app like Skype to work flawlessly on an OS. It's not as simple as everyone would like to think. This is why they don't commit to a release date. Imagine the uproar if they did and weren't able to get all the bugs worked out in time. Be patient.

Posted via CB10
    houssamad, Dave Bourque and brout like this.
    04-16-13 01:41 PM
    The reason you don't get a set release date is because there are a lot of moving parts to getting an app like Skype to work flawlessly on an OS. It's not as simple as everyone would like to think. This is why they don't commit to a release date. Imagine the uproar if they did and weren't able to get all the bugs worked out in time. Be patient.

Posted via CB10

I'm aware of that and to be honest I'm not dying to see Skype asap even though i would definetly use it if its a genuine app. But youre right some of the folks cant look behind the progress of developing an app. Just be a little patient you all and i hope we will see Skype being released together with the Q10 at the end of this month.
    Best regards from Germany
    ray689 and nico2004 like this.
    04-16-13 01:47 PM
    The good ol fanboy over exaggeration when they have no logic hahaha "You believe what everyone tells you? Word for word?". Yes people tend to believe when companies tell them things about their product. Weird right?? For instance....next week i'm gonna go to an opening of a movie that has a release date .....if I show up and the movie is not out yet shame on me...actually I will email the owners of the theater and not the people responsible for making the movie.

PS. BTW in the above post #152 you liked and thanked a poster who disagreed with your post..They are saying it's blackberries fault.... Just saying
    You gave a terrible analogy, and yes I do agree with what he said...
    04-16-13 02:04 PM
    I do believe that if a company promises something, the consumer has every right to expect nothing less. However, in this case, BlackBerry has promised that Skype is "Coming Soon", and in that sense, they haven't really broken said promise. Unless I missed it somewhere where they gave specifics on a date and what not. Then I stand corrected if that's the case.

It is important to note that a sense of urgency should be felt radiating from BlackBerry with regards to these apps (specifically Skype), which has been under the "Soon" label for a couple of months now. I'm saying they should keep people updated on the type of progress --if any-- is being made on that front. Especially with the Q10 around the corner.

Posted from my ZED10
    anon4226395 likes this.
    04-16-13 02:13 PM
    Vp in charge of app development said it would before bb10 launched in the USA

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 02:15 PM
    You know.....I know it's not the same thing AT ALL but I rather liked BBM video when I used it last night for the first time with a loved one in the U.K. He just got his Z10 and he's loving it.
    04-16-13 02:36 PM
    You know.....I know it's not the same thing AT ALL but I rather liked BBM video when I used it last night for the first time with a loved one in the U.K. He just got his Z10 and he's loving it.
    Did you try the screen share feature? I love that. Especially when I need to show my girlfriend how to do some things within the phone. Really saves time instead of trying to type out step by step directions. Lol

Posted from my ZED10
    04-16-13 02:42 PM
    Did you try the screen share feature? I love that. Especially when I need to show my girlfriend how to do some things within the phone. Really saves time instead of trying to type out step by step directions. Lol

Posted from my ZED10
    He got into it by accident and then we got all goofy and giggly about it and we kinda lost it....
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    04-16-13 02:55 PM
    Skype will be launched April 30.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 03:21 PM
    Have you ever searched forums for instagram? Yes. There is a LOT of whinning going on. Maybe OP should search before whining. We ALL KNOW instagram and Skype isn't available.... now go to your room.
    No the OP must have not looked at ALL the instagram threads. Only YOU search every single instagram thread and then YOU decide to click on them. Then you wonder why EVERYONE is whining. If you don't have anything better to do wifh your life than that's cool but don't be mad at OP. Hey how about this...I'll go to my room...if you put the hot pocket down and leave yours..deal?
    richardat likes this.
    04-16-13 03:27 PM
    Skype will be launched April 30.

Posted via CB10
    Source?

Posted from my ZED10
    04-16-13 03:27 PM
    It was originally suppose to come out on April 15. I found this article typing in key words like 'Blackberry' on Bing news.

http://www.tektok.ca/2013/04/skype-f...hing-april-15/

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 03:29 PM
    The problem stems from the fact that every week we get another thread complaining about Facebook not having instagram on BB10 and people blaming Blackberry. At first it was funny but now it's getting a little annoying. Write Facebook and complain. Blackberry can't do anything about it. Android waited forever to get instagram. Blackberry will probably have to do the same.
    What do you mean by "WE" get another thread? No one is forcing you to click on thread and read them if you are tired about hearing instagram post. If the OP and other threads bother you...do what everyone else does when they see a subject that doesn't interest them.. Don't click on them.. Very simple.
    04-16-13 03:30 PM
    Vp in charge of app development said it would before bb10 launched in the USA

Posted via CB10
    He did. Haven't heard anything from him since....
    04-16-13 03:31 PM
245 ... 56789 ...