Originally, i wanted to buy the Q10 a week after its release, but i would wait for a month and if we still don't have Instagram and Skype, then i would have to buy the Galaxy S4, i hope we would have both apps by then
    04-15-13 02:29 PM
    Hopefully very very soon. It really doesn't matter what your personal preferences are when it comes to how and what you use your phone for, truth is the average consumer seeks the availability of having certain apps. Skype and Instagram happen to be a couple of those.

Posted from my ZED10
    04-15-13 02:36 PM
    Posted via CB10
    already did but she got the ip5 before it came out (she couldnt wait) and doesnt want to pay full price #Fail haha
    04-15-13 02:44 PM
    Where do you see this? Screen shot please

Posted via CB10
    How this? You need to add a field.

Where is instagram and skype?!?!-img_00000124.png

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    J09GTSGraphite likes this.
    04-15-13 04:06 PM
    Use Bluestack it's android virtual machine which run fairly good on windows or mac, but u can use it to sign up your instgram account then use your side-loaded app to log in using the "forget password & reset it using facebook" method
    Bluestacks runs fairly good? Huh no lol its slow even on a powerful machine.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 04:42 PM
    So the whole thing about Skype is going to launched on the blackberry z10 on April 15th is just being ignored? That was on the Skype website, any news on this yet?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 04:51 PM
    I'm struggling without Shazam or Soundhound, lol. Shazam said 'hit the bricks' to BB10, but Soundhound has said 'coming soon.' Let's gooooooooo!
    I'm with you on this. I loved my Shazam and wherever the he** is it when I got my Z10. So guess Soundhound it will be...Whenever it comes .

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 04:52 PM
    I can't help but laugh at people who say that people don't "need" apps. I'm sorry but a smartphone is a luxury purchase for many people, and if you don't have basic apps that are on other platforms why would anyone decide to move over to said platform when other similarly priced phones have all of the apps with better specs? When I'm making a luxury purchase like a phone I'm going to go to whichever phone suits me and appeals to me. Maybe BB10 appeals to you despite having few apps but for a lot of people they'd just turn their head to BB10 and get something that appeals to them and does what they want it to.

Apps and market perception are some of the main reasons BB is in the place it's currently in. Having fans ignoring the situation or mocking users who want apps is only turning people off BB10 when they come to these forums. I was so ready to get a Z10 or Q10 when they came out but none of my apps are on the devices. I'm gonna wait till the GS4 comes out and if my daily apps aren't on BB10 I'm going to say goodbye to BB.
    thecurryman and chrispdm1 like this.
    04-15-13 05:29 PM
    I honestly could careless, but they should truly have these apps for those who use them. If they were available I am sure the sales would be stronger!!

But BB doesn't make the apps, so not entirely there fault.
    04-15-13 05:40 PM
    So the whole thing about Skype is going to launched on the blackberry z10 on April 15th is just being ignored? That was on the Skype website, any news on this yet?

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha ha ha

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 05:41 PM
    I never said it was stupid because we can't get get it ...its stupid whether we get it or not. My "Fanboy rant" was that people think they need it. Nobody needs an app...least of all Instagram.
    So painfully lacking in basic comprehension and logic. The OP said that BLACKBERRY NEEDED the app. Obviously, that does not equate to: users need the app - not even close. It simply means that users have many alternatve options in which the app is available.

So you weren't actually responding to the OP at all. NOW, on to your irrational "rant".

Is the desire for the app truly a sad indictment of today's society? Of course not. The desire to share pictures....of all possible criticisms of today's society, is hardly damning. OH but yes, if we pretend that people "NEED" the app for survival, then indeed we can play up that foolish exaggeration to the simple-minded and really shovel the rhetoric. Of course if we pretend "need" = "need to survive", then apps look silly by comparison, but since we all know that is NOT what people are saying, it's simply woefully dishonest to pretend that is what they are saying. We all know that IF they were to say that phrase, (which again, the OP did not), they would be saying something more equivalent to:
    "NEED it to pick this phone over a phone that does have it"
    "NEED that app to be fully satisfied"
    "NEED that app because I enjoy using it frequently"

NOT: "NEED that app because it brings me food and shelter, and is at the bottom of Maslow's hierarchy!"

So let's stop the dishonest fanboy nonsense, and talk like real adults. If you cannot, at least be consistent. Every time you see somebody "needing" a z10, a BB, Crackberry, the internet, a haircut, to know what time it is", you should go on a similar rant about how sad this makes that person, and society. Indeed, compared to those starving in a famine, it is quite true, but then, that's not the case or context for most of us.

I dearly hope most of the people on here over 10 years old are capable of seeing that all "needs" are based on a hierarchy of many levels, pointing out that an "app" (or a phone, or CB, or cable TV, or coffee) is quite high on the list of human needs is hardly insightful, contributes nothing productive, and is clearly motivated from a juvenile desire to attack. To put it colloquially: No _____ SHERLOCK!

PS. An extension of this is the asinine: "first world problems!!!" phrase that idiots mindlessly say these days - though I admit, it is quite a tempting phrase! LOL
    04-15-13 07:05 PM
    Wow...now that was a rant. Are you off your meds or something? What was even the purpose of that? Did it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
    I made a comment in passing about peoples' illogical "need" for an app and people absolutely lose their ****. Get over it and move on. Your pointless rant served no purpose but to attack my opinion. And people say I'm abrasive.

Posted via CB with my BB10 Z10
    04-15-13 08:12 PM
    Wow...now that was a rant. Are you off your meds or something? What was even the purpose of that? Did it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
    I made a comment in passing about peoples' illogical "need" for an app and people absolutely lose their ****. Get over it and move on. Your pointless rant served no purpose but to attack my opinion. And people say I'm abrasive.

Translation: " I made a stupid comment which made no sense and now I'll play the victim because I have nothing of substance to say. Actually I never did". Richardat was not illogical or pointless. Actually you were given very LOGICAL ways instagram could be used. You didn't respond to those (which people with nothing to say usually do) And now your responding by whining like you been attacked. lol

PS. Lol @ thinking your abrasive hahhaha. That must mean "has pointless fanboy rants in between drinking kool aid".
    Last edited by bb4life21; 04-15-13 at 09:38 PM.
    richardat likes this.
    04-15-13 09:09 PM
    running tiger or leopard (or some other african animal).
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:33 PM
    Translation: " I made a stupid comment which made no sense and now I'll play the victim because I have nothing of substance to say. Actually I never did". Richardat was not illogical or pointless. Actually you were given very LOGICAL ways instagram could be used. You didn't respond to those (which people with nothing to say usually do) And now your responding by whining like you been attacked. lol

PS. Lol @ thinking your abrasive hahhaha. That must mean "has pointless fanboy rants in between drinking kool aid".
    You guys really need to get laid.

04-15-13 09:41 PM
    Translation: " I made a stupid comment which made no sense and now I'll play the victim because I have nothing of substance to say. Actually I never did". Richardat was not illogical or pointless. Actually you were giving very LOGICAL ways instagram could be used. You didn't respond to those (which people with nothing to say usually do) And now your responding by whining like you been attacked. lol

Your dead-on, couldn't have said it better myself ;-) All the typical tactics, victim card (hilarious after his previous aggression - and aggression in that post itself), childish insults, attempt to rewrite history (hey, I just made a passing comment, why are you making a big deal of it!). Don't worry, this is the internet equivalent of throwing a hissy-fit, rolling over and showing your tummy. It's also implict/explicit admission that he has no meaningful content with which to respond, and realizes it would only get worse for him if he tried - and it would.

Yes, I didn't even begin to address the fact that you gave much more important/business-oriented reasons for that particular app! We shouldn't even need to do that - the unbelievable arrogance of assuming you can tell people what they should want or "need". I don't use instagram or skype, but if people have their own uses for it, who am I to tell them they shouldn't? Or deem them, or society lesser, simply because it's an "app"! (even if they were purely social or recreational apps, that by itself wouldn't make them "bad"). It all falls under: fanboy dismissal of anybody who wants anything not currently provided by BB, as people of lesser worth.

App not there? You're stupid for wanting it. In fact, you are contributing to societies downfall! Did I mention Steve jobs was the antichrist? World conspiracy!!!!!!
    Feature not there? You're stupid for wanting it. Don't you know? BB was smart to not put it in, because they don't want your sales, BB is for "smart" people, not for anyone, "smart" people only need one alarm per day.
    04-15-13 09:42 PM
    You guys really need to get laid.

Lmao

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    thecurryman likes this.
    04-15-13 09:45 PM
    Sorry dude, but Instagram has become an integral part of the marketing plans of many small businesses. And the 90 million users are important. It's a social network. Using it as a marketing tool has proven effective for many brands. It is one of the most ENGAGING social networks in existence. Your posts I've read on the matter are astonishing/silly. Of course people can conduct marketing initiatives from their phones. People are MOBILE. Apps for Hootsuite, SproutSocial (and Nimble coming soon) for managing an array of social networks for marketing purposes. Photos are engaging content, hence why instagram is so popular and is used by MANY BUSINESSES.

The amount of users is irrelevant. I said nothing about how many people use either...I merely used BlackBerry's native editor as a viable free alternative.
    You compare apples and oranges...running email through your phone is nothing whatsoever like managing your business marketing through your phone. Phones are just not meant for this type of use. I suppose you could, but it wouldn't make sense in a real world business perspective.
    Sure, BlackBerry needs to have apps, but people don't.

Posted via CB10 with my BB10 Z10
    04-15-13 09:46 PM
    Instagram and Skype are the necessity for BB survival in the US...maybe not in countries like India (not yet)

if you honestly dont think so, then you are a blind fanboy... if you are on CB then you are not the average consumer and you are a fanboy...the AVERAGE consumer, the consumer BB needs to recapture, is not going to come on CB and side load apps...they are gonna go to the ATT, VZW, whatever store ask the person working if it has instagram...it doesnt so they just move on
    ihys likes this.
    04-15-13 09:56 PM
    [QUOTE=HedoBum;8323552]You guys really need to get laid.

Posted via CB with my BB10 Z10[/QUOTE

This coming from the drama queen that wrote this...lmao!!

"Now that there is a truly sad statement...the fact that a phone app that completely ruins pictures and shares them exactly as the BB native app does, is such a sad indicator of people's mentality these days. I hate that BB10 is being held back by a fart app...and I hate that our society has degenerated to a point where the progression of technology is stunted because people can't live without such a useless POS like Instagram."
    Last edited by bb4life21; 04-15-13 at 10:20 PM.
    richardat likes this.
    04-15-13 09:58 PM
    Sorry dude, but Instagram has become an integral part of the marketing plans of many small businesses. And the 90 million users are important. It's a social network. Using it as a marketing tool has proven effective for many brands. It is one of the most ENGAGING social networks in existence. Your posts I've read on the matter are astonishing/silly. Of course people can conduct marketing initiatives from their phones. People are MOBILE. Apps for Hootsuite, SproutSocial (and Nimble coming soon) for managing an array of social networks for marketing purposes. Photos are engaging content, hence why instagram is so popular and is used by MANY BUSINESSES.
    Seriously leave Hedobum alone...he has played the victim role and now is going into him comedy act to deflect his lack of knowledge lol It only get worse from here. Name calling and so on so on. Hey Hedobum you are entitled to your opinion even if some people feel logic is missing. Have a good night
    TheQ805 and richardat like this.
    04-15-13 10:02 PM
    Soon man oh man search will ya its suppose to come around April 16-30.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-15-13 10:03 PM
    I am in complete agreement. I have a bold and it carries out 80% of the tasks I need.
    AKA phone calls and calendar.

I don't care for Internet diatribe but I need Skype. I need it to make my life easier, I have since decided a new phone will make my life easier therefore I want a new phone that satisfies my needs and Skype is part of those needs. Instagram I could give a **** about, but that's neither here nor there.

Blackberry, along with all other manufacturers are in the business of selling phones, not changing the social/technological landscape. They may market it as such, but at the end of the day, they want to sell a piece of black plastic, and then sell you another one in a year.

I have been a defender for the simple simplicity and usability of their phones, but times change and people and technology adapt. Adapt or die.

I find it insulting that a company launches a product that's not ready, (given the socio-technological demands mentioned earlier), and expects us to drink the koolaid.

I've tried, but am going to buy a galaxy note, because it does what I need.

Yes, it's my first post, but long time blackberry user, and would have loved to see it work, but it ain't going to. I thought the same and bought a playbook, bad move, great technology
    I was looking forward to this product, but you get sick of looking on websites and seeing the usual logos minus BB.
    ihys likes this.
    04-15-13 10:30 PM
    Don't do it! The apps are coming! Hahaha! I tease, but I'm also serious. One of my other threads is concerning the OS and why IT is the killer app and it's an 'app' none of the other phones will ever have.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-bb10-775650/

When the others come (Skype is coming very soon) you will be 'stuck' with Android. Don't get me wrong, Android (I had Note 1) is nice, but BB10 is straight-up amazing. And...get this...IT JUST CAME OUT! Brand new, and it's already ahead of iOS and Android in a couple key areas.

I can't wait to grow with BB10.

I am in complete agreement. I have a bold and it carries out 80% of the tasks I need.
    AKA phone calls and calendar.

I don't care for Internet diatribe but I need Skype. I need it to make my life easier, I have since decided a new phone will make my life easier therefore I want a new phone that satisfies my needs and Skype is part of those needs. Instagram I could give a **** about, but that's neither here nor there.

Blackberry, along with all other manufacturers are in the business of selling phones, not changing the social/technological landscape. They may market it as such, but at the end of the day, they want to sell a piece of black plastic, and then sell you another one in a year.

I have been a defender for the simple simplicity and usability of their phones, but times change and people and technology adapt. Adapt or die.

I find it insulting that a company launches a product that's not ready, (given the socio-technological demands mentioned earlier), and expects us to drink the koolaid.

I've tried, but am going to buy a galaxy note, because it does what I need.

Yes, it's my first post, but long time blackberry user, and would have loved to see it work, but it ain't going to. I thought the same and bought a playbook, bad move, great technology
    I was looking forward to this product, but you get sick of looking on websites and seeing the usual logos minus BB.
    Last edited by winter_hat; 04-15-13 at 11:52 PM.
    HedoBum and brout like this.
    04-15-13 11:04 PM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    04-15-13 11:11 PM
245 ... 34567 ...