You can use an Android emulator or virtual machine such as Blue stacks on a PC to set it up. I did this so that I could use Instagram from the web since I don't use any of those OS'es myself.
    04-15-13 10:07 AM
    The same ol fan boy rant "If we can't get it obviously it's stupid". What's really SAD is when people try to bash other people's needs to try to justify why they don't have something. Let me guess you think instagram is just "pictures of food and cats" right? How about this....how about the millions of people who use instagram as a free marketing tool for their business and products. But that's right. Since blackberry doesn't have it there is NOOOO way there can be a business use for it. Stop this nonsense. Makes all of us sound bitter and pathetic as blackberry users.
    I never said it was stupid because we can't get get it ...its stupid whether we get it or not. My "Fanboy rant" was that people think they need it. Nobody needs an app...least of all Instagram.
    If you're using Instagram as a marketing tool, you might want to rethink your business plan. It's a phone app...you're running this aspect of your business through your phone?
    ...and there are plenty of other free options, including your BB native picture editor. It'll do everything Instagram can without having to add another app.

Posted via CB10 with my BB10 Z10
    04-15-13 10:10 AM
    Well today is the 15th someone "Said" it was coming today. Let's see if this person was legit with their info.

Posted via CB10
    And I really hope that person is RIGHT. People on these forums act like the OP and other crackberry members actually like bringing up the lack of skype and other apps. Truth is we are rooting for blackberry to be successful and we know that major apps will be vital to that. Acting like those apps are stupid and not needed is just plain silly. Honestly I can't believe blackberry still has us playing the guessing game when it comes to these things. I thought we saw the last of this with the playbook launching.
    chrispdm1 likes this.
    04-15-13 10:13 AM
    Truth is we are rooting for blackberry to be successful and we know that major apps will be vital to that. Acting like those apps are stupid and not needed is just plain silly.
    Hear hear
    If the majority of bb users want to think that it's silly, we will be a bunch of x BlackBerry users wondering whether to get a DROID or an I phone in about 5 years, and we will be griping and complaining about why bbs comeback didn't work

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:18 AM
    I never said it was stupid because we can't get get it ...its stupid whether we get it or not. My "Fanboy rant" was that people think they need it. Nobody needs an app...least of all Instagram.
    If you're using Instagram as a marketing tool, you might want to rethink your business plan. It's a phone app...you're running this aspect of your business through your phone?
    ...and there are plenty of other free options, including your BB native picture editor. It'll do everything Instagram can without having to add another app.

Oh really? BB native picture editor has over 90 million users?? .........So pretty much you don't know what your talking about. You think using instagram as a free marketing tool doesn't make sense because you use it thru your phone? HUH?? So running your email thru your phone doesn't make sense either for a business RIGHT?!?!?!? SMH.. And you can stop trying to act like people asking for major apps NEED them. YOU don't need a z10 but you got one.. Why don't you have a 1990's flip phone??Oh ok...The rest of us are just smart enough to know that blackberry needs them to be successful. You might want to stop with the pointless fanboying and hop on to that crazy theory.
    04-15-13 10:25 AM
    Rumors are Skype today or tomorrow. Unconfirmed source. I hope he's right.

Posted via CB10 STL-100-1 Globe PH
    R Field likes this.
    04-15-13 10:53 AM
    This is going way too much. I'm starting to lose interest in both apps but because of the waiting part. BlackBerry really needs to make a conference with the huge developers and do something about it unless they want the devices to be returned back and people would start losing interest in their phones as well.
    04-15-13 10:55 AM
    Lol if it doesn't come today or tomorrow, be prepared for the blackberry promised threads or blackberry said today or tomorrow but didn't deliver again...meanwhile blackberry said nothing of the 15th or 16th

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086706) and northernrds like this.
    04-15-13 10:59 AM
    Oh really? BB native picture editor has over 90 million users?? .........So pretty much you don't know what your talking about. You think using instagram as a free marketing tool doesn't make sense because you use it thru your phone? HUH?? So running your email thru your phone doesn't make sense either for a business RIGHT?!?!?!? SMH.. And you can stop trying to act like people asking for major apps NEED them. YOU don't need a z10 but you got one.. Why don't you have a 1990's flip phone??Oh ok...The rest of us are just smart enough to know that blackberry needs them to be successful. You might want to stop with the pointless fanboying and hop on to that crazy theory.
    The amount of users is irrelevant. I said nothing about how many people use either...I merely used BlackBerry's native editor as a viable free alternative.
    You compare apples and oranges...running email through your phone is nothing whatsoever like managing your business marketing through your phone. Phones are just not meant for this type of use. I suppose you could, but it wouldn't make sense in a real world business perspective.
    Sure, BlackBerry needs to have apps, but people don't.

04-15-13 11:24 AM
    So hoping that we get instagram soon!
    04-15-13 11:24 AM
    BlackBerry has 75 Million users on BBOS. Maybe up to 2 Million on BB10 thus far. Everyone is playing the "wait and see" game.
    Yes I realize that but developers weren't developing for either OS like they should be.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 11:29 AM
    Lol if it doesn't come today or tomorrow, be prepared for the blackberry promised threads or blackberry said today or tomorrow but didn't deliver again...meanwhile blackberry said nothing of the 15th or 16th

Posted via CB10
    Lol dude I did say rumors are and unconfirmed source. No one promised no one anything. I'm just hoping the rumors are true so people (including me) can stop waiting and start using the apps.

Posted via CB10 STL-100-1 Globe PH
    04-15-13 12:03 PM
    I'm still patiently waiting for Instagram (if we ever get it). I can't sideload it due to my macbook being ancient and running tiger or leopard (or some other african animal).
    04-15-13 12:06 PM
    Someone who cares about sales, but yet refers to people as losers.

Touch e

Posted via CB10
    In his post he said Losers = Microsoft, FB/Instagram
    04-15-13 12:10 PM
    Skype is coming. If you notice in your contact list, you can add skype names for your BB 10 contacts. The logo is even there. Instagram and Facebook are anyone's guess...
    04-15-13 12:19 PM
    My two cents on the subject: If I needed a new phone and have a totally open mind but liked to read books while on the john and found that if I bought this certain phone, with this certain app, I would no longer have need for the book when on the john!! It is probably clear by now that phone just might have a particular appeal to me over those without the app.
    04-15-13 12:25 PM
    BlackBerry needs apps for market penetration, it's as simple as that, and the longer it takes to get those apps, the more people will be enticed by other platforms.
    04-15-13 12:42 PM
    The amount of users is irrelevant. I said nothing about how many people use either...I merely used BlackBerry's native editor as a viable free alternative.
    You compare apples and oranges...running email through your phone is nothing whatsoever like managing your business marketing through your phone. Phones are just not meant for this type of use. I suppose you could, but it wouldn't make sense in a real world business perspective.
    Sure, BlackBerry needs to have apps, but people don't.

The amount of users for a free markrting plaform doesn't matter?? Hahah. At this point your just saying jibberish that's has no logic.
    READ your post...YOU said BB native photo editor is a alternative to instagram. This is 100% false. If you actually knew what you re talking about you would know instagram is a 90 million user social photo sharing platform... And bb native photo editor is not! If you don't get the advantages of free marketing with a platform that big you just won't get it. And just so you know people mange every part of their businees by there phones now. That's not "apple to oranges" or a new concept. The problem is I think as you put.... you have no "real world business perspective".
    millerliteboy likes this.
    04-15-13 12:43 PM
    Skype is coming. If you notice in your contact list, you can add skype names for your BB 10 contacts. The logo is even there. Instagram and Facebook are anyone's guess...
    Where do you see this? Screen shot please

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 12:50 PM
    Good on you. We need more reps like you. Hopefully you won't have to sideload them any longer.

We can have the best OS in the universe but if the popular apps and games aren't available at the time of purchase then it is difficult to sell the platform. I know this I see it happen every single day at my job its become important that I offer to side load instagram to close the sell. It really is that serious for some I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:01 PM
    So sick of skype and instagram threads. I just want them to release both so there are no more questions about it.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Yes, yeeeesss, so tired of this thread going on and on and on and on and on and on and on with no word at all from BBRY about anything!!!! Not even Mr. or Mrs. CB..... There is nothing more that can be said about this...
    04-15-13 02:04 PM
    hope those rumors of Skype coming today or tomorrow are true... even heard from a few BlackBerry reps at the Alicia Keys Concert say Skype would be out this week...

could come at a great time for me since my sis is leaving to travel Europe and I'd like to keep in touch w her while she is a way hahaha

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:09 PM
    hope those rumors of Skype coming today or tomorrow are true... even heard from a few BlackBerry reps at the Alicia Keys Concert say Skype would be out this week...

could come at a great time for me since my sis is leaving to travel Europe and I'd like to keep in touch w her while she is a way hahaha

Tell her to get a BlackBerry Z10

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:13 PM
    This is going way too much. I'm starting to lose interest in both apps but because of the waiting part. BlackBerry really needs to make a conference with the huge developers and do something about it unless they want the devices to be returned back and people would start losing interest in their phones as well.
    Agreed.....
    mousmah likes this.
    04-15-13 02:15 PM
    Use Bluestack it's android virtual machine which run fairly good on windows or mac, but u can use it to sign up your instgram account then use your side-loaded app to log in using the "forget password & reset it using facebook" method
    04-15-13 02:25 PM
245 ... 23456 ...