I side loaded instagram. But now I don't have a ios or android device to do the setup to get it up and running with linking to Facebook. How can I get it working??

Posted via CB10
    Download blue stacks and it will allow you to download instagram from your desktop

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:45 PM
    Wait for it......

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-14-13 10:51 PM
    We can have the best OS in the universe but if the popular apps and games aren't available at the time of purchase then it is difficult to sell the platform. I know this I see it happen every single day at my job its become important that I offer to side load instagram to close the sell. It really is that serious for some I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:52 PM
    I must say that I agree, I love my z10, like what blackberry has done with bb10, but I want them to thrive and be around for the long haul. I want BlackBerry to be popular and start attracting major app developers right from the start, I want developers to start releasing apps for BlackBerry before ios or Android. But until BlackBerry starts picking up major market share, it's not going to happen, and like it or not it is the major missing apps that is holding lots of people back from getting it. I couldn't care less about instagram, but realize lots of people want it, I can live without Skype, but will download it as soon as possible. I want BlackBerry to do good because I like them and I like my z10, but every day that there is negativity because of missing apps hurts them and us consumers as well. The reviews that everyone reads pretty much say the same thing: awesome phone, awesome os, poor app selection. I know that app selection isn't completely bbs fault but they could have probably pushed hard for the really crucial core apps that people want.
    That said, I am getting tired of seeing these threads day after day.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:58 PM
    BlackBerry still has 75 million users...If app developers are that short sighted that they won't develop for them then all the pissing and moaning in the world will not change that. Developers have their noses too far up apple and android's you know what. The only way things will change is if blackberry becomes more relevant again strictly on the merits of its products which I think is likely. Then they will flock over. It's a chicken and egg scenario.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-14-13 11:04 PM
    I'm struggling without Shazam or Soundhound, lol. Shazam said 'hit the bricks' to BB10, but Soundhound has said 'coming soon.' Let's gooooooooo!
    I totally agree! It is taking forever to get a music ID app. I don't care who it's from... I just need to know who makes songs... the market it is widdddddddee open. I'd pay $5 for a music id app

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 11:17 PM
    BlackBerry still has 75 million users...If app developers are that short sighted that they won't develop for them then all the pissing and moaning in the world will not change that. Developers have their noses too far up apple and android's you know what. The only way things will change is if blackberry becomes more relevant again strictly on the merits of its products which I think is likely. Then they will flock over. It's a chicken and egg scenario.

Posted via CB10
    Do you think there may be some "backdoor" interference being run by Samsung or Apple?
    04-14-13 11:28 PM
    I know, right? How many users do they need to feel there is a market for their app? And, I posted about this some time ago in the forum....BB users have been app STARVED for so long, developers could easily rake in the cash. My first BB was Bold 9930 and I was appalled at having to pay for apps. BB users are used to paying, lol. It will be easy money for whoever gets off their a** and makes something of quality.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 11:29 PM
    We all need to relax and be patient, if you can't email the developers and ask them

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-14-13 11:35 PM
    Do you think there may be some "backdoor" interference being run by Samsung or Apple?
    Makes a lot of sense...
    04-14-13 11:48 PM
    Doesnt make sense for Skype, ms would be the one running interference there. I don't think that Microsoft would give apple or Android the time of day on something like that

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 11:50 PM
    Instagram is a must have app, even though some people don't care for it. It's a must-have to be in Blackberry World, it doesn't sound much to some, but to others, it's their life.

Personally, I don't really care, but if it was here, I would've used it.
    04-15-13 12:02 AM
    I wouldn't be shocked. Large corporations in America will do anything and trample anyone for their bottom line.

Posted via CB10
    Jake2826 likes this.
    04-15-13 12:36 AM
    Instagram is a must have app, even though some people don't care for it. It's a must-have to be in Blackberry World, it doesn't sound much to some, but to others, it's their life.
    Now that there is a truly sad statement...the fact that a phone app that completely ruins pictures and shares them exactly as the BB native app does, is such a sad indicator of people's mentality these days. I hate that BB10 is being held back by a fart app...and I hate that our society has degenerated to a point where the progression of technology is stunted because people can't live without such a useless POS like Instagram.

Posted via CB10 with my BB10 Z10
    04-15-13 12:42 AM
    Absolutely! There really is no other plausible explanation. You can throw MS in the mix as well.
    04-15-13 01:31 AM
    Now that there is a truly sad statement...the fact that a phone app that completely ruins pictures and shares them exactly as the BB native app does, is such a sad indicator of people's mentality these days. I hate that BB10 is being held back by a fart app...and I hate that our society has degenerated to a point where the progression of technology is stunted because people can't live without such a useless POS like Instagram.

The same ol fan boy rant "If we can't get it obviously it's stupid". What's really SAD is when people try to bash other people's needs to try to justify why they don't have something. Let me guess you think instagram is just "pictures of food and cats" right? How about this....how about the millions of people who use instagram as a free marketing tool for their business and products. But that's right. Since blackberry doesn't have it there is NOOOO way there can be a business use for it. Stop this nonsense. Makes all of us sound bitter and pathetic as blackberry users.
    04-15-13 01:41 AM

Exactly. It is just stupid.
    04-15-13 02:26 AM
    Haven't y all heard Instagram and Skype are ...... ....

Posted Via a MF Z10
    04-15-13 02:28 AM
    Shazam, banking apps, temple run/subway surf..
    04-15-13 02:33 AM
    The same ol fan boy rant "If we can't get it obviously it's stupid". What's really SAD is when people try to bash other people's needs to try to justify why they don't have something. Let me guess you think instagram is just "pictures of food and cats" right? How about this....how about the millions of people who use instagram as a free marketing tool for their business and products. But that's right. Since blackberry doesn't have it there is NOOOO way there can be a business use for it. Stop this nonsense. Makes all of us sound bitter and pathetic as blackberry users.
    The really sad part is the second, if ever, these apps become available on BB10 the members of this forum will declare them the greatest move valuable apps ever.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    04-15-13 07:56 AM
    All of these "where is this app" posts should be followed up by Twitter, Facebook, or whatever blasts to the developers asking for it. If BlackBerry hasn't exhausted all avenues in trying to get the big name apps onto the platform, then it definitely should do so. But otherwise, there's only so much it can do. I'm sure BB offered to develop the apps for the companies, but the companies would not provide them with the APIs.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-15-13 08:03 AM
    Makes a lot of sense...
    He I love ur profile pic u mind to share?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 08:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has 75 Million users on BBOS. Maybe up to 2 Million on BB10 thus far. Everyone is playing the "wait and see" game.
    04-15-13 08:22 AM
    Well today is the 15th someone "Said" it was coming today. Let's see if this person was legit with their info.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:34 AM
    No offense, but no one "needs" an app. It is sad when people can longer define needs vs. wants...

That said, it seems these apps are holding up the Blackberry comeback, and since the average Joe is so...focussed?...on "needing" these apps, then git r dun.
    Last edited by playbook_swiper1; 04-15-13 at 10:04 AM. Reason: clarification
    04-15-13 09:54 AM
245 12345 ...