I use neither, but this wait is painful. Painful to sales. Lots of people will not do without those apps, so they will NOT consider the Z10. Let's go losers.

(Edit: 'losers' is in reference to the companies (Microsoft, FB/Instagram) and their slug programmers....not you precious, and sensitive, users)

(Re-edit: I had Instagram sideloaded over a month ago. I've deleted it because I don't care about Instagram. I do, however, love Blackberry and when I try to promote the phone, the first question out of some of their mouths is..."Does it have Instagram?" Check out my sideloaded Instagram here (and follow me on twitter lol!) https://twitter.com/winter_hat/statu...407552/photo/1)
    Last edited by winter_hat; 04-14-13 at 11:03 PM.
    04-14-13 07:06 PM
    The same place they've always been; 'coming soon'...
    ErinnM, 007Storm, mgnfcnt and 6 others like this.
    04-14-13 07:10 PM
    Never seen this thread before

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:10 PM
    Don't take the bait.

Posted via CB10
    brout likes this.
    04-14-13 07:11 PM
    Instagram can be sideloaded, and works perfectly fine.

Wagwan.
    PrimetimeSB and lordluigi like this.
    04-14-13 07:11 PM
    Don't take the bait.

Posted via CB10
    Eeeekk I'm hookeddd

*flops around*

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, louboutins, nquyen and 2 others like this.
    04-14-13 07:16 PM
    Under my bed.
    schmeat likes this.
    04-14-13 07:18 PM

Wagwan.
    Side loading is an unofficial feature. The average Joe will be looking to BlackBerry world for apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:19 PM
    I use neither, but this wait is painful. Painful to sales. Lots of people will not do without those apps, so they will NOT consider the Z10. Let's go losers.
    Someone who cares about sales, but yet refers to people as losers.

Touch e

Posted via CB10
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-14-13 07:20 PM
    I side loaded instagram. But now I don't have a ios or android device to do the setup to get it up and running with linking to Facebook. How can I get it working??

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:21 PM
    Windows Phone has Skype, but it's not working for them.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:24 PM
    um...refers to the companies as losers for not having it out yet. lol.

Someone who cares about sales, but yet refers to people as losers.

Touch e

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:25 PM
    Maybe their waiting to release a hybrid, InstaSkype? Where you can upload a picture of your cat and favorite dessert and then call everyone to let them know...
    04-14-13 07:25 PM
    We gonna get Skype when the moon becomes a square.
    04-14-13 07:27 PM
    I agree, OP. "Coming Soon" is a crock. The clock is ticking and soon there will be HTC One and Samsung GS4 to compete with. All these cheerleaders want BB to survive, but the current state of BlackBerry 10 doesn't warrant the arrogance some of them display. BlackBerry needs to compete and it NEEDS apps in order to truly do so in today's market. As the days, weeks and months go by this sort of sentiment will grow.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:28 PM
    I'm struggling without Shazam or Soundhound, lol. Shazam said 'hit the bricks' to BB10, but Soundhound has said 'coming soon.' Let's gooooooooo!
    04-14-13 07:31 PM
    Skype will come at 1.1 update. Think they want to give it permission to still run in the background so you can receive calls when its not running.

Instagram, who really cares about a rubbish filter? Surely there are better ways to upload photos to twitter and facebook
    fine1b01 and 3hb78ftg like this.
    04-14-13 07:33 PM
    Soon! Lol

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    007Storm and brout like this.
    04-14-13 07:34 PM
    IS THAT TRUE about Skype!?!? I hope so. That would be one down. Instagram is an absolute requirement for millions of users. Don't ask me why. ANOTHER social network/picture host? How many do they need? Apparently, at least that one.

Skype will come at 1.1 update. Think they want to give it permission to still run in the background so you can receive calls when its not running.

Instagram, who really cares about a rubbish filter? Surely there are better ways to upload photos to twitter and facebook
    04-14-13 07:36 PM

Wagwan.
    I wouldn't say perfectly...
    blakobecwa likes this.
    04-14-13 07:38 PM
    Ok enough joking, but yes I agree. People can say who cares about Instagram, well millions of people care. Yes you can sideload it but either A) They don't know you can, or B) They don't want ports on their phone.

Also I sure hope Instagram is making an application. They literally have nothing to lose. You can only use Instagram if you have the application on your phone. This will just get new people to sign up.

Skype, well that will be here for the OS update coming soon.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    Graheem likes this.
    04-14-13 07:39 PM
    Who cares about instagram? I certainly do and I have NEVER even used the damn thing. The point is, it is EXTREMELY popular and some will bypass BB10 for the lack of instagram and other popular apps. How can anyone who is a BlackBerry supporter downplay this? So many people start bagging on the apps, saying they are rubbish and this and that. Really? And you want BlackBerry to kick *** out there??? Makes absolutely no sense. This port business is what is rubbish. It's workaround.

Posted via CB10
    sgavra, brout, glennster28 and 4 others like this.
    04-14-13 07:42 PM
    The longer it takes for Apps to be developed to more people interested in obtaining a new device will be walking away from the Blackberry Z-10......As others have previously stated, where are the most popular Apps, and why would a device that took years to be released, be released with half-*** built Apps?

For me personally, Apps are not a HUGE thing! But I would surely question why a brand new device released into the market that is so competitive, would not have done development on 10 or 15 top used Apps, and have them built comparably to other operating systems, so the Z-10 would be holding it's own with it's customer base, who use specific Apps everyday!

I understand that developers build the Apps, but honestly I would of thought BB would of made sure the most popular Apps were built to the same level as they are already built on the other operating systems.

Matt
    04-14-13 07:43 PM
    I side loaded instagram. But now I don't have a ios or android device to do the setup to get it up and running with linking to Facebook. How can I get it working??

Posted via CB10
    Install http://www.bluestacks.com/ on your PC and install the IG app to create an account.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:43 PM

The problem with this post is mainly the ignorance behind it... Just because you dont use something doesnt make it "rubbish" or pointless... Instagram, unlike facebook or twitter is a photo sharing network... To look at photos on Facebook you have to catch your timeline at the right time as it will be flooded with political post, personal rants, advertisements, and everything else... Twitter, i mean really? twitter is horrible as a photo sharer... Instagram is a place where if I want to just see what people have been up to or the cool places they are I can see it without all the other nonsense...

Moral of the story, don't knock what you do not understand...!!!!

But back to the issue at hand.. the wait is beginning to get ridiculous
    04-14-13 07:45 PM
245 123 ...