You guys can't really blame the user for downloading apps. Especially ported app that cause the z10 to act up after. That blame should lie on blackberry for allowing that in the first place, since they wanted to try and get that app gap smaller.

BlackBerry shouldn't have allowed ported at then because it doesn't work as properly and can cause problems. How is that the fault of the user? When blackberry approved of it?

I personally don't download much apps cause I'm afraid what some of those apps might do, but I'm not gonna blame those ppl who do download and then their devices act up. I would blame BlackBerry for that in their attempt to get as many apps as possible, mostly crappy ones at that.

Posted via CB10
    RAUB, kbz1960, bobauckland and 1 others like this.
    04-14-13 09:04 AM
    Or maybe they find you. If you treat your phone as you should you won't see any of them. Do not download rubbish otherwise you'll get crashes and any other things you don't want to see. This is fantastic device, active frames are brilliant, hub, texting, camera and more and more.

Posted via BB Z10
    I treat my phone with great care and only install native quality apps. 4 apps at most.
    On my 2nd Verizon phone and it reboots once or twice a day. It rebooted with no apps added the first night.

Get real and pull it out of the sand.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    raysgrumpy likes this.
    04-14-13 09:08 AM
    You guys can't really blame the user for downloading apps. Especially ported app that cause the z10 to act up after. That blame should lie on blackberry for allowing that in the first place, since they wanted to try and get that app gap smaller.

BlackBerry shouldn't have allowed ported at then because it doesn't work as properly and can cause problems. How is that the fault of the user? When blackberry approved of it?

I personally don't download much apps cause I'm afraid what some of those apps might do, but I'm not gonna blame those ppl who do download and then their devices act up. I would blame BlackBerry for that in their attempt to get as many apps as possible, mostly crappy ones at that.

Posted via CB10
    Well said I absolutely agree with you. But at the other side it has nothing to do with our devices. And if someone uses such apps, he gets the problems himself. Am I right?
    04-14-13 09:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree with this as BB should of had testers testing these apps before approval into app world, but cause of the timing of the Z10 release and cause BB needed apps ASAP there was no time to check all the ported apps.

Now that being said it would take countless of hours to do so in the first place and not all ported apps are causing an issue only a very SMALL percentage and then its the USER who should be informing BB of the issue, not just write a BAD review on the app in app world, but email BB about the app so BB can pull it. This is how it works for Android and Apple.

Do you think Apple tests all the APPS sent to them, heck no and neither does any phone manufacturer that uses Android OS.

I had my Samsung Galaxy S3 freeze, reboot and also my Iphone 4 do the same due to APPS that Devs were allowed to be in the downloads for these devices.

Like all phone manufacturers its up to the Devs to test the APP and the consumers to complain or not complain about the app.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-14-13 09:14 AM
    Black glasses?

Posted via CB10
    No, just no problems.
    My Z10 problem free as well. Not sure if the source of most of the issues come with carrier added software or if there are hw issues, but there are a lot of people not seeing issues.

I hope BlackBerry gets to the root cause and provides a statement and fixes for all those affected.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-14-13 09:41 AM
    No, just no problems.
    My Z10 problem free as well. Not sure if the source of most of the issues come with carrier added software or if there are hw issues, but there are a lot of people not seeing issues.

I hope BlackBerry gets to the root cause and provides a statement and fixes for all those affected.

Posted via CB10
    Why you didn't just say that in the first place is beyond me. You have no problems? Sweet. Too many others do. More then don't have problems...or maybe these things would be selling like hotcakes and not coming back or sitting on shelves.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:48 AM
    Mine is working near flawless. And the two small issues I did have I managed to work around or got fixed with the last update.

Here's hoping a new update comes out soon and fixes many of the bugs for others.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:51 AM
    There are known issues on Verizon devices documented by both Verizon and BlackBerry.
    Post the documentation,.. Please.
    04-14-13 10:04 AM
    Post the documentation,.. Please.
    Google it. It's easier.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-14-13 10:14 AM
    Crackberry is fast becoming argument central, doesn't need to be this way. If you have no problems with your new phone, then great, I am very pleased both for you and for BB. However people have experienced problems so not so great for these folks. Look I have no idea why, what or how these problems occur. Are some people more in depth users and (forgive me) locate and activate these problems ?. Is a problem peculiar to a model type STL-# ?
    Are carrier bloat ware causing problems (at&t band switch disabled) . Are some apps to blame ? . Truth is I don't know, but what I do know is we are all Crackberry and Blackberry devotees. So now is the time to stop posting threads with titles so worded as to inflame people, and now is the time for the inflamed to stop responding. Remember, nothing stops a thread like no contrary comments. I know I have probably been guilty in the past of inappropriate responses, but from now I am going to try to change. Lets get Crackberry back to the best forum on the cell phone planet.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-14-13 10:15 AM
    So far so good with my Z10. It is a little buggy at times and i think the UI needs some work. The hub is a terrific concept but can be a bit clunky in the way it is implemented right now. Toplosky nailed the experience in his review on The Verge. All things i expected being an early adopter.

From my Z10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-14-13 10:25 AM
    Too many others do. More then don't have problems...Posted via CB10
    Blackberry should demand an investigation into this statement.
    CDM76 and SDTRMG like this.
    04-14-13 12:15 PM
    Blackberry should demand an investigation into this statement.
    Too embarrassing for them.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 12:17 PM
    So far so good with my Z10. It's a great device.
    I'm particularly happy with the battery life. Better than my previous Bold 9900.
    I've used it for a week and had no issues at all.

Keep on rocking Blackberry!
    04-14-13 01:14 PM
    While I do agree that there probably are some bugs to be fixed, many issue I have seen on here can be attributed to user error. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and SDTRMG like this.
    04-14-13 01:17 PM
    While I do agree that there probably are some bugs to be fixed, many issue I have seen on here can be attributed to user error. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    It's interesting. I find a higher proportion of problems are attributed to user error than are true.
    Then a few weeks down the line it becomes apparent that it isn't user error at all.

Also, it's difficult to properly define user error.
    If sideloading is a problem why is it so easily allowed, even encouraged albeit unofficially?
    If Android apps are a problem why is there an Android player?

I think it's easy to say blame the carrier, or blame the user, but sometimes it's hard but necessary to blame the people really responsible.
    04-14-13 01:26 PM
    Or maybe they find you. If you treat your phone as you should you won't see any of them. Do not download rubbish otherwise you'll get crashes and any other things you don't want to see. This is fantastic device, active frames are brilliant, hub, texting, camera and more and more.

Posted via BB Z10
    I find this same issue in my line of work. Users wonder why their sites get hacked and don't work properly and I find 9 out of 10 times the user has downloaded everything they can find with out making sure it is a good application and they don't check for security vulnerabilities and then they wonder why they get hacked!
    Agree 100% with you!
    SDTRMG and CDM76 like this.
    04-14-13 01:30 PM
    It's interesting. I find a higher proportion of problems are attributed to user error than are true.
    Then a few weeks down the line it becomes apparent that it isn't user error at all.

Also, it's difficult to properly define user error.
    If sideloading is a problem why is it so easily allowed, even encouraged albeit unofficially?
    If Android apps are a problem why is there an Android player?

I think it's easy to say blame the carrier, or blame the user, but sometimes it's hard but necessary to blame the people really responsible.
    Can't tell if you are agreeing with me or not

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:31 PM
    Can't tell if you are agreeing with me or not

Posted via CB10
    Haha
    I'm saying I think that user error does play a role, but I think it's exaggerated how big a role it plays.
    A lot of problems attributed to user error turn out to be system or OS errors. That's just what I seem to be seeing.
    04-14-13 01:43 PM
    Suggestion: since the thread asks: "Where do you find all these problems", and since some users claim "no problems" while others report having problems, perhaps it would be helpful to post some basic info for each user/phone.

Me:
    Z10 --> STL100-4 --> 10.0.9.422 --> Carrier=VZW

Main complaint:
    Short battery life (I am hopeful this will be significantly improved with next OS upgrade).

Main "like":
    BB "hub" (dependent on e-mail, use multiple accounts, SMS, BBM, phone). Great feature.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-14-13 01:48 PM

Posted via BB Z10
    How incredibly arrogant of you. "If you treat your phone as you should you won't see any of them." You are accusing every single person that has had a problem with their phone of "mistreating" their phone. That is ridiculous. I hope you were not serious
    21stNow likes this.
    04-14-13 01:54 PM
    Generally speaking the devise is a good one. But there are issues with it. I can't tap a phone number and dial from within a browser page. I could with my old Torch but not the z10. That's a right out of the box problem. You look up a business bit you can't call them without physically writing down the number. Come on, that's a gimme on any phone.

Maps won't landscape. Again, that's out of the box.

Having to push the end call button a few times is a problem.

Not having banking apps is a problem.

The redundancy of the hub is annoying. You tap the sms text icon that takes you first to the hub. Then you go to the message. Or you have a Facebook notification. You tap on the go icon and read the message but still have to go to the hub to mark the message as read. That's a problem. An annoying problem.

Maybe you don't use it enough or don't see them but they're there.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 02:00 PM
    BullS!hit...the phone / OS has issues. To be so dismissive of the issues some people are having with the device is just plain ignorant and immature. All I can wish for is that those who fall into that category (and you know who you are) see their device have a massive crash and lose all of your data with no backup. That will teach you a lesson in life, or not, but it'll make me happy anyway.
    Some of you are taking this personal or something. The op clearly stated that not everyone is experiencing these problems, I've had mine since Jan30 and haven't had one problem.

He's not dismissing there problems, but clearly saying this is not a problem with BB10 os or the phone in general because if it was everyone would have these problems.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 04-14-13 at 02:32 PM.
    04-14-13 02:05 PM
    This is a flame thread. To those who post spiteful negatives about the phone without a constructive argument to back it up, fair enough, but as I said already there are people like myself who have been landed with a dud phone, so stop kissing BlackBerry's behind and accept some people expressing their concerns and noting their findings here.

I have no time for ignorant people who think just because their device is perfect, everyone else's must be too.

Posted via CB10
    This is a fair statement. But I've had dud androids and iPhone as well. No phones perfect.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-14-13 02:09 PM
    Some of you are taking this personal or something. The op clearly stated that not everyone is experiencing these problems, I've had mine since Jan30 and haven't had one problem.

He's not dismissing there problems, but clearly saying this is a problem with BB10 os or the phone in general because if it was everyone would have these problems.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, he clearly said it is user error. He said that if you treat your phone as you should, you won't have any problems
    04-14-13 02:16 PM
69 123