To answer many of the OPs questions.

It's all in their heads.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    SDTRMG and CDM76 like this.
    04-14-13 02:17 PM
    You guys can't really blame the user for downloading apps. Especially ported app that cause the z10 to act up after. That blame should lie on blackberry for allowing that in the first place, since they wanted to try and get that app gap smaller.

BlackBerry shouldn't have allowed ported at then because it doesn't work as properly and can cause problems. How is that the fault of the user? When blackberry approved of it?

I personally don't download much apps cause I'm afraid what some of those apps might do, but I'm not gonna blame those ppl who do download and then their devices act up. I would blame BlackBerry for that in their attempt to get as many apps as possible, mostly crappy ones at that.

Posted via CB10
    This is true but if they didn't it would have created a new problem everyone complained about more, bb10 would have launched with 30,000-50,000 native apps and we might be at 55-60,000 now. And people would cry, wine and complain even more.

The ports should have been tested before being allowed, but I know a android developer who went native after seeing how easy and familiar the tools were and I've seen developers get so many reviews (purchases) that they quickly release a native version, this alone as helped us get more apps, also BlackBerry owns www.scoreloop.com which supply sdks for ios, android, windows, and bb10 for game app development.

There's pros and indeed cons to the Android run time, but we would likely have about half the number of apps with out it.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 02:22 PM
    Why you didn't just say that in the first place is beyond me. You have no problems? Sweet. Too many others do. More then don't have problems...or maybe these things would be selling like hotcakes and not coming back or sitting on shelves.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry you have no real proof that there are more people with issues then those satisfied, nore can you claim how the z10 is selling. Stop being ignorant.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 02:26 PM
    Actually, he clearly said it is user error. He said that if you treat your phone as you should, you won't have any problems
    Yes in his first post I was referring to his next post.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 02:34 PM
    Or maybe they find you. If you treat your phone as you should you won't see any of them. Do not download rubbish otherwise you'll get crashes and any other things you don't want to see. This is fantastic device, active frames are brilliant, hub, texting, camera and more and more.

Posted via BB Z10
    Well, let's see. I have a reason to expect that if I download something from BBWorld it has been properly curated and is known not to conflict with the OS or with any other apps available on BBWorld.

Those are the only things on my Z10. What came on it, or what came through BBWorld.

Mine just froze and re-started for the third time today.

Any more ideas?
    04-14-13 02:36 PM
    I have to agree with this as BB should of had testers testing these apps before approval into app world, but cause of the timing of the Z10 release and cause BB needed apps ASAP there was no time to check all the ported apps.

Now that being said it would take countless of hours to do so in the first place and not all ported apps are causing an issue only a very SMALL percentage and then its the USER who should be informing BB of the issue, not just write a BAD review on the app in app world, but email BB about the app so BB can pull it. This is how it works for Android and Apple.

Do you think Apple tests all the APPS sent to them, heck no and neither does any phone manufacturer that uses Android OS.

I had my Samsung Galaxy S3 freeze, reboot and also my Iphone 4 do the same due to APPS that Devs were allowed to be in the downloads for these devices.

Like all phone manufacturers its up to the Devs to test the APP and the consumers to complain or not complain about the app.
    Actually, yes they do. Extensively. This is why people whine about "heavy handed" Apple. They curate the store very carefully.
    21stNow likes this.
    04-14-13 02:42 PM
    Z10 is great. Been a very happy owner since March 22 nd with no issues at all.
    same here i got mine 2 days latter than yours , added 3 accounts (2 hotmail and 1 yahoo) no problems at all for me

loving it
    04-14-13 02:48 PM
    Actually, yes they do. Extensively. This is why people whine about "heavy handed" Apple. They curate the store very carefully.
    Apple doesn't test apps, they screen the code them for problems, mal ware etc. - I pull up pointless widget apps in ios that literally do nothing at all, but apple allows them in app world, even some paid. BlackBerry does screen/check and approve there apps to, as well as taking measures to fight malware. Testing is another story for all os's.

http://www.zdnet.com/blackberry-tren...ps-7000010786/

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 03:00 PM
    I ran into issues, but learned later that they were all due to sd card related. Since then my Z10 has been top notch.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 03:06 PM
    Where do I find all of these problems? In the three Z10 devices that I have had so far. And no, it's not a bad app or me treating it wrong, as the phone refuses to pull data over a particular Wi-fi network on the initial setup of the device.

Threads like this don't welcome people (back or initially) to the BlackBerry World.
    04-14-13 04:07 PM
    I have had no problem with the Z10. I find the battery life acceptable. I remember on the PlayBook that it started to behave very strangely when I put kindle (android) on it. I suspect that people having problems with the Z10 must be using some android crap.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    So I would say as of yet mine is acting great but I swear some times it feels different. U would say that having netflix running on her is the culprit eh

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-14-13 04:13 PM
    I got a new Z10 on Tuesday. I returned it on Wednesday. The battery lasted for 1.5 hours on a 12 hour charge. I took another Z10 and have been happy, so far. Yes, I have experienced the challenges with the email account dropping and having to re-enter the data. There are some apps that I was told were available, but are not currently, i.e., Bloomberg Orange, VZW Navigator. However, I waited 15 months past my renewal period for another blackberry-- so far, I am happy!

I went through 5 Bolds before I got one that wokred-- what a pain, however, I was very happy with the one that I got that worked and did not freeze up, crash, etc. I have had Blackberry's for several years and own the stock. Yes, I waited and want to continue to believe the product. This is a new product, there are bound to be some start up glitches, just hope that updates are sent out soon.
    04-14-13 04:59 PM
    At first they called me a troll. That was in the first week of February. Then they made it look like user error.

I'm interested in participating in threads that contribute to the knowledgebase. So, you may find that I am absent from this thread for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 11:08 PM
    BullS!hit...the phone / OS has issues. To be so dismissive of the issues some people are having with the device is just plain ignorant and immature. All I can wish for is that those who fall into that category (and you know who you are) see their device have a massive crash and lose all of your data with no backup. That will teach you a lesson in life, or not, but it'll make me happy anyway.
    If mine does crash, I have everything backed up on my PC using BlackBerry link. Another think I've had no issues with.
    If we didn't post our positive experiences, CB would be the biggest pit of negativity on line. THAT is NOT a true representation of this product. Do the people who complain here spend as much time with their carriers tech support?
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-14-13 11:22 PM
    If mine does crash, I have everything backed up on my PC using BlackBerry link. Another think I've had no issues with.
    If we didn't post our positive experiences, CB would be the biggest pit of negativity on line. THAT is NOT a true representation of this product. Do the people who complain here spend as much time with their carriers tech support?
    Well if blackberry didn't have so many problems to begin with, ppl woulnd't be complaining now would they. But unfortunately the delayed OS isnt as polished coming out the gates as some of us like to pretend it is.
    04-14-13 11:49 PM
    Just for the protocol. Even downloading rubbish shouldn't cause freezes or anything. That's the sense behind the QNX kernel.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 12:19 AM
    Owned it since February 10th and absolutely very happy with it! I actually now have memories with the device! In fact, made a video using Story Maker App for my work and my business partners were so happy with the video that we got awarded another contract! All thanks to my Z10!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 12:29 AM
    Well if blackberry didn't have so many problems to begin with, ppl woulnd't be complaining now would they. But unfortunately the delayed OS isnt as polished coming out the gates as some of us like to pretend it is.
    Complaining for the sake of complaining? Complain to you carrier and blackberry. Post your results and comments then.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-15-13 01:01 AM
    Complaining for the sake of complaining? Complain to you carrier and blackberry. Post your results and comments then.
    I bought my phone off contract.
    I'm not going to waste my carriers time when I have phone issues that have nowt to do with the carrier.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:28 AM
69 123