Just left rogers and although they advertise the Z10 for $600.00, they will not sell it without a contract.
    Not sure which store you went to, but I picked mine up at Rogers this morning. But it's $650 off contract.

I actually ordered one through Rogers for $600, so I'm probably going to sell one of them. If anyone wants an off-contract black Z10, let me know! Not looking to make money, just want the "on contract" price (the $650 in-store purchases are final sale...I know... stupid move on my part).
    02-05-13 01:19 PM
    Looks like with Rogers it will be hit or miss if you can get it off contract. Kevin obviously got his off contract and others have as well though some stores may say 'no' (though that may be due to stock issues if they don't have enough for those that reserved).

I'm still thinking of trying at Koodo as they obviously have the lowest price but may wait a week or so for things to die down. Worth it to save a $100.
    02-05-13 01:24 PM
    the first wave of new release devices, generally don't allow to buy off contract right away. Usually have to wait a week or 2. Standard carrier procedure. And you are not the only one being denied out right purchases today. I have seen on facebook and twitter this is common, and even with older devices now like the Samsung S3 galaxy, when first released, carriers didn't allow for out right purchases right away either.
    02-05-13 01:39 PM
    Maybe some stores, but not the Rogers I went to. I got it completely off-contract.
    02-05-13 01:41 PM
    Picked up a couple (one from Rogers in white and one from Fido in Black) today. Rogers could not sell it off-contract (their off-contract price showed $9999.99) even if they wanted to, but Fido was willing to sell off-contract. I dropped by the Koodoo store and they were willing to sell off contract too. Only Rogers had the white one, BTW.
    02-05-13 01:43 PM
    Try BAKA communications
    02-05-13 01:45 PM
    Here is my issue: Koodo when you select the Prepaid phones, the Z10 is available and it says "only in store" . You go to the store and they say nope, we can't sell it to you.

Where can we get a Z10 in Canada off contract?-untitled2.jpg

I suspect it is the managers trying to save the phones to give opportunity to get the best sales numbers (3 yr contracts instead of pre-paid) for their store and not a company wide decision.
    02-05-13 01:49 PM
    Picked up a couple (one from Rogers in white and one from Fido in Black) today. Rogers could not sell it off-contract (their off-contract price showed $9999.99) even if they wanted to, but Fido was willing to sell off-contract. I dropped by the Koodoo store and they were willing to sell off contract too. Only Rogers had the white one, BTW.
    Which Koodo store?

Thanks.
    02-05-13 01:49 PM
    just got back from a rogers plus store here in markham. the rep told me they cant sell the phone right now cause their only taking reservation customers. so i walked over to future shop and i asked the rep if i can buy the phone for full price and he said they arent allowing full price purchase for another 2 weeks. i dont get why we cant purchase the phone for full price. so i called rogers and the rep told me i can grab the phone from them for full price and it should arrive in the next 3 to 5 business days. if you want to grab the phone from rogers then call customer service. The phone is 678 dollars including taxx. good luck everyonee!! Blackberry.By.Choice!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    02-05-13 01:51 PM
    just got back from a rogers plus store here in markham. the rep told me they cant sell the phone right now cause their only taking reservation customers. so i walked over to future shop and i asked the rep if i can buy the phone for full price and he said they arent allowing full price purchase for another 2 weeks. i dont get why we cant purchase the phone for full price. so i called rogers and the rep told me i can grab the phone from them for full price and it should arrive in the next 3 to 5 business days. if you want to grab the phone from rogers then call customer service. The phone is 678 dollars including taxx. good luck everyonee!! Blackberry.By.Choice!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    Which stores are these in Markham?
    02-05-13 02:25 PM
    try kijiji
    02-05-13 02:34 PM
    I bought one for $599 straight across in Regina with Sasktel and I've been on month to month with them for years
    02-05-13 02:37 PM
    A Bell kiosk in Montreal Eaton Centre offered me one off contract for $650 but they wanted me to take a promo plan (similar to the Fido one in December).

I think this is a big YMMV.

No deal for me :-)
    02-05-13 02:41 PM
    Ok if you watch Kevins video he paid $650 plus all taxes.
    I pressume The Me , you want a Unlocked phone so you can decide the provider and just sign up with them?
    I already have a contract and just want the phone, the only problem is getting it to work on my carrier. Virgin Mobile. I need to get it unlocked and nobody's able to get it to work with the codes unlocking companies are sending them.
    02-05-13 02:42 PM
    No one would sell outright to me in Calgary either. I happened to run into the BB rep for southern Alberta at the NW Caglary Future Shop. He said all carriers will lock outright sales for the first 30 days in order to reserve phones for customers, since they make most of their $ on phones and accessories. So I went to Koodo, who said the same thing. Then he told me he could sell me one on a postpaid "tab", no contract. I was free to cancel any time.. So I bought one outright, will unlock tonight (I hope) and cxl tomorrow. I owe them nothing since I paid for the phone outright.
    02-05-13 09:03 PM
    No one would sell outright to me in Calgary either. I happened to run into the BB rep for southern Alberta at the NW Caglary Future Shop. He said all carriers will lock outright sales for the first 30 days in order to reserve phones for customers, since they make most of their $ on phones and accessories. So I went to Koodo, who said the same thing. Then he told me he could sell me one on a postpaid "tab", no contract. I was free to cancel any time.. So I bought one outright, will unlock tonight (I hope) and cxl tomorrow. I owe them nothing since I paid for the phone outright.
    How much did you have to pay for the tab? Is it like a 10$ thing?
    02-05-13 09:06 PM
    How much did you pay?
    02-05-13 09:10 PM
    I get what you mean now about "no contract" possibly meaning you still have to buy and cancel the cheapest plan ...

I'll be pretty choked at the Koodo sales staff that told me $550 final , but that I'd have to find the unlock code , because I asked them specifically if I could buy it , walk away and unlock it myself , and they answered yes and said I didn't have to buy a Koodo plan.

I would still be interested in buying the z-10's outright from another seller that would A: not force me into a plan and B: have extended warranty.

Anyone find anything new on this front ?
    Regarding your "buy it and walk away with it and unlock it yourself" idea, this guy went to Koodo, got his phone on a month to month plan, cut his Telus 9900 SIM down to Micro-SIM size, shoved it in his Koodo Z10, and away he went, without needing to unlock. So if you can get them to give it to you outright without starting a month to month plan, and you're on Telus, even better. You won't even need to unlock it. It will just work with Telus. This guy was just going to cancel his Koodo month to month plan a few days later. I know everyone's going to say that technically all Canadian Z10's should be able to do this except for Mobilicity/Wind, all I'm saying is that this has been done successfully with Koodo/Telus. I guess the risk is that if you screw up the SIM card cutting, you'll need to spend $50 or so for a replacement SIM, and there goes all or half of your savings, leaving the main advantage as getting the phone faster and outright. The staff might start to wonder too when you come in asking for a replacement SIM - "So the Z10 just came out, you have a unit you didn't buy from us, and your SIM is shredded... ok..."

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ocking-768239/
    Last edited by kw9700; 02-06-13 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Forgot link to referenced thread.
    02-06-13 01:13 AM
    I've had the same issue in Calgary. My question for you is, how will you get the new SIM from your current carrier? Do you already happen to be using a Micro-SIM? I would love to do this as well. The thing is, my current 9900 uses a regular SIM, and I'm afraid that if I do this, and then go ask Telus to replace it with a Micro-SIM, they'll tell me to get lost because I went and got a phone outright, elsewhere, in the middle of my contract with them.
    02-06-13 01:24 AM
    Regarding your "buy it and walk away with it and unlock it yourself" idea, this guy went to Koodo, got his phone on a month to month plan, cut his Telus 9900 SIM down to Micro-SIM size, shoved it in his Koodo Z10, and away he went, without needing to unlock. So if you can get them to give it to you outright without starting a month to month plan, and you're on Telus, even better. You won't even need to unlock it. It will just work with Telus. This guy was just going to cancel his Koodo month to month plan a few days later. I know everyone's going to say that technically all Canadian Z10's should be able to do this except for Mobilicity/Wind, all I'm saying is that this has been done successfully with Koodo/Telus. I guess the risk is that if you screw up the SIM card cutting, you'll need to spend $50 or so for a replacement SIM, and there goes all or half of your savings, leaving the main advantage as getting the phone faster and outright. The staff might start to wonder too when you come in asking for a replacement SIM - "So the Z10 just came out, you have a unit you didn't buy from us, and your SIM is shredded... ok..."

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ocking-768239/
    For me, a SIM costs 10$...
    02-06-13 10:38 AM
    I've had the same issue in Calgary. My question for you is, how will you get the new SIM from your current carrier? Do you already happen to be using a Micro-SIM? I would love to do this as well. The thing is, my current 9900 uses a regular SIM, and I'm afraid that if I do this, and then go ask Telus to replace it with a Micro-SIM, they'll tell me to get lost because I went and got a phone outright, elsewhere, in the middle of my contract with them.
    You just tell them I want a replacement SIM and I want it to me a Micro-SIM. They have nothing to do with your business. You're your own boss.
    02-06-13 10:39 AM
46 12