Blackberry should consider to bring Blackberry Map to India.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 02:40 AM
    I doubt they will be bringing maps for India.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 05:33 AM
    U can always use map my india. Its free to download .

Posted via my rocking Z10
    03-22-14 06:37 AM
    BlackBerry maps will never come to india thats why they tied up with map my india.. its best app.. better than google maps

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 06:59 AM
    Map my India is not free for me. Or maybe it is and I can't figure it out. I download Map my India and then it says the promo code expired. It makes me download Mireo Don't Panic. There it says I can do a 7 day trial of some maps. India is not one of them. How did you guys do it?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 07:24 AM
    Maybe the guys without STL100-1 are facing the issue...
    I'm not sure... please give in your observation... coz its free for me

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 08:35 AM
    It could be because, the phone is not bought in India. I got it on z10 & z30 too.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 08:37 AM
    It could be because, the phone is not bought in India. I got it on z10 & z30 too.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah maybe that's the reason. I bought it on eBay a few weeks before the price drop in India. It is an STL100-1 though.
    03-22-14 09:03 AM
    Map my india is crappy.... its poorest quality..... downloaded installed and deleted.... we want BlackBerry maps for India....

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 05:23 PM
    Better than google maps .......what a joke :')

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 05:25 PM
    Map my India is pathetic.. it works sometimes on the Z10 but is quite buggy otherwise..

It does not work on the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 09:02 PM
    Map my india is pathetic. Try google map it is best app. But still waiting for BlackBerry map.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 02:24 AM
    Guys I just downloaded google maps 6.14.4 version.... and it works perfectly.... just takes a while to load completely.... just google it... download and enjoy

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 03:19 AM
    Guys I just downloaded google maps 6.14.4 version.... and it works perfectly.... just takes a while to load completely.... just google it... download and enjoy

Posted via CB10
    Yup... I too confirm the same.
    You can find and install Google Maps.6.14.
    It also has offline maps which helps in poor coverage areas and saves battery and data charges!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 03:22 AM
    Yup... I too confirm the same.
    You can find and install Google Maps.6.14.
    It also has offline maps which helps in poor coverage areas and saves battery and data charges!

Posted via CB10
    I uninstalled 'map my india' immediately after the Google maps started working

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 03:57 AM
    So is BlackBerry maps working for people who bought their BlackBerry from India?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 04:01 AM
    So is BlackBerry maps working for people who bought their BlackBerry from India?

Posted via CB10
    No BlackBerry maps doesn't work in India and we are sick of that.... well an older version of Google maps works perfectly tried it just few hours ago.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 04:04 AM
    No BlackBerry maps doesn't work in India and we are sick of that.... well an older version of Google maps works perfectly tried it just few hours ago.

Posted via CB10
    I thought BlackBerry smartphones bought from India will have India maps enabled on it , since I had 2 Z10's and 1 Z30, which are all bought from abroad, and none of them have maps for India.
    I use waze for navigation, I think it's the best! I think Google maps is too complicated

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 04:57 AM
    I thought BlackBerry smartphones bought from India will have India maps enabled on it , since I had 2 Z10's and 1 Z30, which are all bought from abroad, and none of them have maps for India.
    I use waze for navigation, I think it's the best! I think Google maps is too complicated

Posted via CB10
    Waze is nice... especially with re-routing... but there are some issues especially with some routes not updated as one-way etc.. which I experienced in Pune..
    Other than that the app is great!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 11:00 AM
    map my India is pathetic... Google maps is awesome u can download it from android if u have mobogenie but can't connect it to Google services.. but Google maps work good for me with voice gps

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 12:24 PM
    I have installed the version as per the suggestion. It installed the apk downloaded from net and interface was nicely integrated. But it gave a popup saying "upgraded to latest version" as soon as i open the map. I couldn't browse to the settings in the maps app. It says app crashed. And I tried to check whether routing works, but it said no route found.. Pls help.
    05-01-14 04:57 AM
    Must try BeMaps Pro, i am using the same, find it comfortable in using the same.
    05-01-14 10:26 AM
    Hey Guys, I just downloaded Google Maps 7.7.0 onto my Z10, OS 10.2.1.2201.

I typed in New Delhi and it showed up with a lot of detail. Give that a shot.

It appears as the latest version in the Google Play store as seen on Snap.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 10:42 AM
    Hi Patrick.. i tried your suggestion.. installed latest version from 1mobile market. It opens and shows my location. But whatever I do like, clicking the locate me icon it gives a pop up saying to install Google play services. I did that. But it crashes every time. Also maps is stuck after opening. Can you pls guide how to install.
    Am new to Z10. Bought it just a say back.
    I have the latest 10.2.1.2201.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 12:07 AM
    Hi Patrick.. i tried your suggestion.. installed latest version from 1mobile market. It opens and shows my location. But whatever I do like, clicking the locate me icon it gives a pop up saying to install Google play services. I did that. But it crashes every time. Also maps is stuck after opening. Can you pls guide how to install.
    Am new to Z10. Bought it just a day back.
    I have the latest 10.2.1.2201.
    Well, I don't know how 1Mobile links the Maps app to Google. But the "Snap" app is being used by a lot of BlackBerry10 owners because it uses your Gmail account & password to access apps from the Google Play store. Although BB10 doesn't have full access to all Google Play services, most apps including Google Maps work fine. Here is an error message I got from Maps but I just ticked "don't show again" then "cancel" and it keeps working fine after that.

Where is Blackberry Map for India-img_20140502_082522.png

The problem with Snap is you have to load it onto the BB10 phone using a laptop with the Google Chrome extension "BB10 PlayBook App Manager". It's quite easy actually, but most non-nerds would find it to be a hassle or "challenging". If you don't have a Gmail account, just set one up, it's free.

Here is a link to the thread where the developer of Snap provided the download for Snap. The thread is over 100 pages long and has lots of debate over features working, not working etc. It's working fine now and the first post is kept updated by the developer.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=874153

1. Download the snap app to your Windows computer using the link in the first post of the thread above.

2. Assuming you have the Google Chrome browser on your computer, download the Chrome extension mentioned above from the Chrome store.

3. Open Chrome on your computer and invoke the extension.

4. Plug in your BB10 phone to the computer via usb. Make sure it's connected, i.e., can you browse to the phone's memory card using windows explorer?

5. Put the phone into developer mode (settings/security/development mode/"on". Take note of the ip address shown there.

6. Click on that ip number where it appears on the left side of the Chrome screen.

7. Drag and drop the snap file you downloaded onto the blank space in the upper right corner of the Chrome screen. The app install process will commence. Takes maybe a minute.

8. When it's done, just close Chrome, detach the phone (I always use the windows "disconnect" before pulling the usb plug out), and take the phone out of developer mode.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 05-02-14 at 10:06 AM.
    05-02-14 09:38 AM
32 12